• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Weird and tragic story at the same time. Weird for the victims and tragic for Aki who has ruined his life with this fetish.

:oops: Sorry! Could've sworn there were pics from years ago showing him in a purple shellsuit....

Power of suggestion!! / Alcohol-damaged memory!! (Delete as appropriate)

:oops: Sorry! Could've sworn there were pics from years ago showing him in a purple shellsuit....

Power of suggestion!! / Alcohol-damaged memory!! (Delete as appropriate)
No...I too remember that (even though I do have a flawed memory).

Wow. Reading through that takes some time, but it is pretty damned thorough.

Darkly fascinating stuff. There can be no doubt in my mind that the intimidating behaviour listed in the 1980s and 90s is just plain wrong. The notion that stalking, obsessive record keeping and documenting of people's lives and famillies when targetting is effed up. I find it hard to believe that it isn't in some way sexually motivated, but any way that you look it that is just plain threatening behaviour.

Becomig a modern meme or urban legend cannot condone behaviour like that. That the Sopa order has been removed seems wrong to me.

Currently on BBC iplayer :-The search of Purple Aki

Across Merseyside, there is a name which has been whispered by kids for decades - "Purple Aki". Part bogeyman; part urban legend - his real name is Akinwale Arobieke. What's his story? Why has he been feared for nearly 30 years? Is he, in some senses, a victim himself? Local lad, Benjamin Zand, goes in search of the truth behind one of the UK's strangest stories.

(Possibly not in the right thread!.)

What the hell would that taste like? Or is it named after the colour?

It looks like a pretty amazing burger. A black bun (no doubt done with food colouring). Wow.
But yeah, it's all been a cynical PR stunt. It worked.

Saw this today on Twitter:

1642365237958.png

Is there not some kind of club he could have gone to where there may be others of his ilk with similar interests instead of scaring innocent people?

Someone should start The Worshipful Order of Purple Akis. Where pervy blokes can feel each others muscles dressed in purple robes and hats in honour of the man who inspired them.

I thought Aki was pretty much behaving himself these days?

I've never found his behaviour to be funny in any way, especially after reading some posts on a Liverpool FC forum written by a person whose brother (allegedly) died whilst trying to avoid Arobieke's attentions.

I've never found his behaviour to be funny in any way, especially after reading some posts on a Liverpool FC forum written by a person whose brother (allegedly) died whilst trying to avoid Arobieke's attentions.
I was terrified of him as a child in the late 70's early 80's. We'd hear that he had been spotted in the area, so would make sure we stayed in groups when we were playing. Fortunately, I never saw him myself.

This thread is amazing! I'm sure I remember the name from my schooldays down in Hastings, in Sussex. Maybe, like the ULs of rampaging packs of youths, it was too good not to travel.

If you search "Purple Aki" on Facebook, you will find links to "news" sites that claim he died at the end of 2023 (no, it seems he did not) as well as video of him doing his muscle-feeling to a guy on a bike, as well as one of him standing on a street corner, "lurking" (it says). Of course, it could just be a very large Black guy talking to his mate, and a cardboard cut-out respectively.

A well-narrated and amusing video, but rather shocking that Aki has been given so many fresh starts.
I suspect that, had his bizarre perversion driven him to sexually assault women, rather than men, he would have been sent to Broadmoor years ago.
I think you are 100% correct there.

I don't consider sexual assault funny, nor the manslaughter of a terrified 16 yro boy. However, laughing at things you "shouldn't" is a classic British trait, he's a focus of bad taste humour in the same way Savile and Gary Glitter are. I'm not surprised he's a figure of fun, for lack of a better expression.

Back