• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Last edited by a moderator:
Mighty_Emperor said:
MaxMolyneux said:
Isn't Purple Aki supposed to be in Liverpool now? :shock:

I assume he is safely banged up by now - not sure which prison.

Unfortunate turn of phrase, but yes.

Apparently.

theyithian said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
MaxMolyneux said:
Isn't Purple Aki supposed to be in Liverpool now? :shock:

I assume he is safely banged up by now - not sure which prison.

Unfortunate turn of phrase. But yes. Apparently.

Better than my saying "he is doing a big stretch inside" ;)

Which is probably correct both ways.

last i heard of him he owned a house in the kensington area of liverpool.

chockfullahate said:
last i heard of him he owned a house in the kensington area of liverpool.

He won't be doing himself any favours living in that area!

Purple Aki

I thought that people moght like to know that other people remember Purple Aki as can be seen here and here.

Man banned from touching muscles

A man has been ordered by a judge not to feel people's muscles or ask them to do exercises in public.
Akinwale Arobieke, 45, from Liverpool, was also banned from measuring the size of muscles, under the order requested by Merseyside Police.

Arobieke, who is known in the area as Purple Aki, is out of jail on licence after a sentence imposed in 2003 for 15 counts of harassment.

He pursued young people with requests such as asking to feel their muscles.

Deputy District Judge Aled Jones granted the order to coincide with Arobieke's release on Thursday.

Town ban

Merseyside Police applied to Liverpool Magistrates' Court for a Sexual Offences Prevention Order against Arobieke - despite the fact he has not been convicted of a sex crime.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police confirmed an interim order had been granted until 23 November.

Under the terms of the order Arobieke cannot touch, feel or measure muscles or ask people to do squat exercises in public.

Neither can he approach or do paid or voluntary work with any young person under 18.

He is also banned from St Helens, Warrington or Widnes without the permission of either the chief constable of Merseyside or the chief constable of Cheshire.

And he cannot loiter near educational establishments, gyms or sports clubs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 087922.stm

Bags more Purple Acki fun on this thread.

It is curious to note that his weird demands lacked the lurid explicitly sexual features of some of the legends. We might have expected some escalation in that direction. Of course the lack of convictions may just represent the unwillingness of his victims to fully detail the attacks. It's hard to believe the offences were not sexually motivated, though. I guess they could be compared to the activities of shoe-stealers and hair-clippers. :?

Well, he's apparently 45, so could theoretically have been "active" since the 80s - are there any confirmed "Purple Aki" reports from before 1980 or so?

If so, perhaps the "mantle" of Purple Aki has been passed down, and the new Aki became known as "Purple" because of the older one?

The "muscles" thing fits with a post from the first page of this thread (2002) tho, so it's clearly the same individual as that...

Purple Aki back on the streets

Man banned from touching muscles
A man has been ordered by a judge not to feel people's muscles or ask them to do exercises in public.

Akinwale Arobieke, 45, from Liverpool, was also banned from measuring the size of muscles, under the order requested by Merseyside Police.

Arobieke, who is known in the area as Purple Aki, is out of jail on licence after a sentence imposed in 2003 for 15 counts of harassment.

He pursued young people with requests such as asking to feel their muscles.

Deputy District Judge Aled Jones granted the order to coincide with Arobieke's release on Thursday.

Town ban

Merseyside Police applied to Liverpool Magistrates' Court for a Sexual Offences Prevention Order against Arobieke - despite the fact he has not been convicted of a sex crime.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police confirmed an interim order had been granted until 23 November.

Under the terms of the order Arobieke cannot touch, feel or measure muscles or ask people to do squat exercises in public.

Neither can he approach or do paid or voluntary work with any young person under 18.

He is also banned from St Helens, Warrington or Widnes without the permission of either the chief constable of Merseyside or the chief constable of Cheshire.

And he cannot loiter near educational establishments, gyms or sports clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 087922.stm

Someone whoever it is has made a Purple Aki myspace too!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=56246689

MaxMolyneux said:
What makes Aki a local legend?

Oh an ancient rhyme, Max. Have ye never heard it?

On Halloween in Merseyside,
A lad should flex his bits with pride,
And leave his window open wide,
For Purple Aki wants a bride!

:shock:

Purple Aki is a local legend, mainly because of the nature of urban legends/myths that get started and spread and become twisted and altered so much that the original story seems to have gotten lost

I first heared about Aki on the playground. He was (to us) little more than a bogeyman figure. A grusome horror made up by older kids to scare the younger ones (mainly to stop the little uns walking through the woods and catching the others smoking).

It was only in the past three years or so that i've realised Aki is a real person. Aki (the person) may not be a legend himself but he is certainly the genesis of Purple Aki.

Aki is starting to sound more like a person with a mental illness in my opinion.

Surely he did more than wanting to feel lads mucles or get them to do execises in front of him?(not including the lad who ran on the railtracks because he was fed up with Aki.)

Ok, Wikipedia on Purple Aki. (Wikipedia is my new friend. It tells me lots of 'things').

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Aki

If it isn't there when you click on that link, I wouldn't be surprised, as the entry is currently being considered for deletion.

What made people want to make up bizzare rumours of him carving things into buttocks?

Don't see what would get deleted off there anyway?

[/i][/list][/url]

The rumours were largely, I believe, child created. You know, grusome 14 year olds who want to scare others come out with some of the most tasteless and horrid things imaginable.

MaxMolyneux said:
Don't see what would get deleted off there anyway?

Oh, the folks who take Wikipedia seriously are very tetchy about adhering to the "house style". It could be any number of minor technical infringements. Also, they have quite a strict policy on who is "famous" or "significant" enough for inclusion when it comes to biographies of living people (to stop wankers writing Wikipedia entries about themselves or their mates - hysterical...). Perhaps somebody feels that young Purple doesn't meet the criteria for inclusion.

I'm from Wigan and Purple Aki has being doing the rounds since around 1985. He never used to do anything other than intimidate people and try and get them to do excercises with him but apparently he was very intimidating as well and never took NO for an answer! I know of one very prominent rugby league player who had to sprint away from him in Wigan town centre in around 1991! He tried to get me to talk to him a few years ago in the daytime at the TSB car park in Pemberton, Wigan but I just got in my car, locked the doors and drove off. He also made my mate do 'squats' with him one night (my mate is very naive, actually did them with him and then spent half an hour chatting to him outside his own house!). On a more sinister note, my brother had to give a statement to police as when they arrested Aki' they found ALL my brothers details in a book that he had (he is a rugby player) and it was clear that he had done lots of research and had even got our telephone number apparently!

When we were at school in the 1980's, the rumour was that he had raped people but it just appears really that in fact he is an apparently harmless (if not gigantic and a bit sinister) perv. Now I am older, I don't know of any substantiated stories of him actually ever harming anyone. I notice that his ASBO does'nt extend to Wigan, so I'm sure he will be lurking around there as I type!!!

rjmrjmrjm said:
The rumours were largely, I believe, child created. You know, grusome 14 year olds who want to scare others come out with some of the most tasteless and horrid things imaginable.

Aye, my brother was telling me about his old mates pretending Aki was in bushes while near parks and they'd run. :lol:

Me or my brother have never actually seen him but people we know claim to have.

so I'm sure he will be lurking around there as I type!!!

Make sure your not out of shape. :twisted:

How did people know it was Aki when they encountered him?

I only recently saw a picture of what he looks like on myspace.

MaxMolyneux said:
How did people know it was Aki when they encountered him?
Well I guess the other possibility is that North West England is positively heaving with black men who go around asking other men to do excercises with them. ;)

Well yeah, but not everyone thought he mostly chased lads about there muscles and wanting them to exercise did they?

They knew it was him simply beacause there are'nt any other large black men in the Wigan area that do that sort of thing!

the guy is built like a brick shithouse, and the reason he was allegedly called purple aki was because he "was so black he's purple". can't really miss the guy wandering about in sandals with a newpaper (or knife depending on the story) in a carrier bag. he hangs about liverpool magistrates courts quite a lot. if you look into the ellie davies corruption case, he slapped ellie davies in the face at one point when he came out the magistrates on dale street. pretty sure that was reported in teh daily post.

Back