• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd Human Skin Pigmentation (Blue; Purple; Etc.)

There are self defence sprays that cover an attacker with purple dye. While these may not be actual perps, it could be that they’ve been fooling around with them for youtube or something.

Wasn’t there also a thing about cash boxes having a dye to identify thieves?

There are self defence sprays that cover an attacker with purple dye. While these may not be actual perps, it could be that they’ve been fooling around with them for youtube or something.

Wasn’t there also a thing about cash boxes having a dye to identify thieves?

It's definitely possible. I'm still wondering why nobody else seemed to pay them the slightest bit of attention though? It's not a sight you see every day is It?
I'm a pretty level headed person and I don't believe for a minute that I imagined it. I can't explain why I reacted the way I did or why I felt as afraid as I did. It's never happened to me before.
Also, I still have no explanation for how the second man managed to vanish within seconds. It just wasn't possible.

Possibly poor souls who have this as a work costume and work nearby. A range of entertainment spots have people in strange makeup. Especially if the costumes were the same. I used to travel home on a commuter bus with a sex worker who commuted in his work clothes and makeup. Very tight shorts, t shirt and glamorous do. Clearly off duty.

Probably just... I dunno, infrasound? Venus? Couldn't have been anything weird.

Saw a bloke in Birmingham last year outside the Apple shop who was green ,imagine one of the Blue men ,normal cloths ,like that but green

Don't think so. They were both 50-ish and their outfits were pretty standard if outdated.
They were absolutely identical outfits though.
could it have been a visual disturbance in you ? cant believe i find myself asking this but ... are you one of those reliable types who "sees auras" ?

Probably users of colloidal silver, it can turn you blue/purple.
as in ...

colloidal silver purple guy

Phototastic-15_07_2018_64ecd9b8-f9f5-45a5-a043-45a0c86b9029.jpg

The purple version looks like Whispering Bob Harris.

There can't be too many purple colloidal silver users in Liverpool..Maybe none. The chances of seeing two in a matter of weeks must be pretty small.

There's another, simpler, explanation ... Both men were exhibiting cyanosis - a blue-ish / purple-ish cast to the skin commonly caused by poor circulation, pulmonary insufficiency, heart defects, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and / or chronic usage or overdosing with certain drugs (especially opioids and narcotics).

Both men were estimated to be in their 50's - a prime age to be exhibiting pulmonary problems.

Both were described as wearing jackets. This implies colder weather, which would reduce blood flow at the extremities (face and hands) which were the only areas of skin visible.

Last edited:
Saw a bloke in Birmingham last year outside the Apple shop who was green ,imagine one of the Blue men ,normal cloths ,like that but green[/QUOTE

Really! So it's not just me then. Did it freak you out?

could it have been a visual disturbance in you ? cant believe i find myself asking this but ... are you one of those reliable types who "sees auras" ?

Haha no, there's nothing remotely unusual about me. I'm pretty boring.

The purple version looks like Whispering Bob Harris.

There can't be too many purple colloidal silver users in Liverpool..Maybe none. The chances of seeing two in a matter of weeks must be pretty small.

My thoughts exactly. It's just too much of a coincidence.

There's another, simpler, explanation ... Both men were exhibiting cyanosis - a blue-ish / purple-ish cast to the skin commonly caused by poor circulation, pulmonary insufficiency, heart defects, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and / or chronic usage or overdosing with certain drugs (especially opioids and narcotics).

Both men were estimated to be in their 50's - a prime age to be exhibiting pulmonary problems.

Both were described as wearing jackets. This implies colder weather, which would reduce stress blood flow at the extremities (face and hands) which were the only areas of skin visible.

It's definitely a possibility.

there arent really many arresting images of adult faces thus afflicted

a cadaver ...
Pathology of Asphyxial Death.jpg

It was a kind of double take ,we were looking at stuff in the store ,as I liked up towards the doorway he was walking by ,he was about 6ft leather jacket,jeans,looked about 35, bald and green ,he had his hands in his pockets,no one else seemed to notice,

It was a kind of double take ,we were looking at stuff in the store ,as I liked up towards the doorway he was walking by ,he was about 6ft leather jacket,jeans,looked about 35, bald and green ,he had his hands in his pockets,no one else seemed to notice,

Various liver and other glandular problems can impart an overall sickly yellowish cast to the skin. Even without cyanosis to enhance the greenish hue, it can look like a pale green combined with some folks' complexions.

When I was a child my family would bring in a cleaning woman once or twice a year - Ms. Johnson. She was a relatively aged widow of modest means and even more modest appearance. She'd suffered some type of liver ailments which had left her skin with a uniformly greenish tinge. Combined with her (frankly ... ) craggy and wrinkled features she'd have been a no-brainer type-casting choice to play the Wicked Witch of the West. She was actually a nice salt-of-the-earth soul, but her appearance was practically guaranteed to make smaller children gape, shriek, and / or go hide.

I was going to ask if there could have been a clinic or dr treating this type of condition, (whatever it is) or a crew filming or a theater nearby, but you mention you were in a very separate area of town... Lets just say both men have medical conditions. Seeing them might have been mere coincidence. Not every coincidence has meaning. The first man is used to the stares and has no fucks to give anymore. The second man was so embarrassed and hurt by your shocked stare he had to get away quickly. The other possibility is that YOU have a medical condition, that is causing you to hallucinate or to reinterpret reality. On the far end of the plausibility spectrum is that you did see some type of non human, or interdimensional being, and you were able to perceive them but others weren't. This is not impossible. Many people, when in a contemplative state, can notice things that are trying not to be seen. Do you meditate, chant? practice ritual? remote view? if you do, you could have developed the characteristics of a trained mind that could let you see reality clearly. no preconceptions. Thanks for sharing this.

Last edited:
I was going to ask if there could have been a clinic or dr treating this type of condition, (whatever it is) or a crew filming or a theater nearby, but you mention you were in a very separate area of town... Lets just say both men have medical conditions. Seeing them might have been mere coincidence. Not every coincidence has meaning. The first man is used to the stares and has no fucks to give anymore. The second man was so embarrassed and hurt by your shocked stare he had to get away quickly. The other possibility is that YOU have a medical condition, that is causing you to hallucinate or to reinterpret reality. On the far end of the plausibility spectrum is that you did see some type of non human, or interdimensional being, and you were able to perceive them but others weren't. This is not impossible. Many people, when in a contemplative state, can notice things that are trying not to be seen. Do you meditate, chant? practice ritual? remote view? if you do, you could have developed the characteristics of a trained mind that could let you see reality clearly. no preconceptions. Thanks for sharing this.

I would hate to think I'd upset somebody with a condition by staring at them. I would never knowingly do that.
With the exception of a dabble in meditation I've never practised any of these things. I'm pretty conventional.

Has this topic arisen before? I'm having huge deja vu, particularly regarding the colloidal silver possibility...

Any possibility that they were street performers off to the day job? It must get very boring having people stare at you because you're purple, when you're off to sit absolutely still on a bike for eight hours. I get enough stares in my Co Op uniform..

I already posted this on another thread, so I'm sorry if you already saw it.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_801020.html

Linked news item is MIA. Here are the archived versions of the article and photo, retrieved from the Wayback Machine ...

Purple polar bear brings in the crowds
A purple polar bear has become a big attraction at an Argentinian zoo. ...

62874.jpg

Officials claim medication given to the bear to treat a case of dermatitis is responsible for the colour change.

It has increased visitor numbers to the zoo in Mendoza by 50%, reports Clarin newspaper.

Vets say the bear's fur will go back to its normal colour in about a month.

SALVAGED FROM: https://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_801020.html

On one of the alternative therapy threads I highlighted this rather extreme case of the side-effects of colloidal silver therapy.
(With photo)
http://homepages.together.net/~rjstan/rose1.html

This link is long dead. Here's the text, salvaged from the Wayback Machine ...

View attachment 10787

The Silver Supplement Fraud

Guess who took the colloidal silver (CS)? Rosemary did. That's why she is slate-gray. The condition is called argyria. It is irreversible and cannot be covered by makeup.

Actually, Rosemary's doctor in New York prescribed CSP for her back in the fifties as a treatment for allergies. It was sold as a drug then. Today it is sold as a dietary supplement. You can find it in "health food" stores and on the Internet. You can even buy the equipment to make your own. It was snake oil when it was given to Rosemary. It is snake oil now.

The only thing Rosemary recommends CSP for is a gray skin dye. She knows that it is safe, effective, and permanent when used for that purpose. She also knows that being a gray person in a black and white world can have a serious negative impact on your social and economic life.

Promoters claim that CSP prevents and cures 650 diseases including Aids and cancer. They say that people with even a trace of silver in their bodies don't get sick!

Both Rosemary and the FDA have asked them for their proof. All they get are quotes from old quacks who manufactured the stuff at the turn of the century, misquotes from reputable authors and wonderful anecdotes. "I've taken it everyday for four years and feel great," the saleslady says.

The only problem Rosemary has with the anecdotes is that they are selectively chosen to sell CSP. The promoters refuse to include her negative anecdotes or those of all the other argyric people recorded in the medical literature. Rosemary had breast cancer at the age of 42. The silver in her body made her face so gray that the nurses in pre-op thought that she was in cardiac arrest! The promoters won't tell you this though.

The FDA has told the promoters that if they want to continue making medical claims for CSP they will have to first have it approved as a drug. Of course, that doesn't stop them from selling the stuff as a "dietary supplement." It just prevents them from legally writing their claims on the label or putting them in their ads.

And, oh yes, if you do decide to use CSP, have the product analysed by an independent lab. According to the dietary supplement industry itself, a lot of the stuff tested that is labelled colloidal silver really isn't. You see "dietary supplements," thanks to intense industry lobbying are unregulated by any government agency. So very often what is on the label isn't in the bottle. In fact, what is in the bottle may even be something more toxic than CSP. Buyer beware!

SALVAGED FROM: https://web.archive.org/web/20040911081419/http://homepages.together.net/~rjstan/rose1.html

I meant the whole thread - someone seeing someone who was 'blue' (I'm getting the feeling that they saw them from the top of a bus?). I actually found myself double checking that I hadn't somehow got on an old zombie thread, because I am so sure I have read this almost identical thing before...

Some border Morris dancers, after years of criticism for blacking their faces have taken to ‘blueing’ their faces,
thus avoiding the accusation of racism whilst retaining the tradition of disguising their identity with paint.

I meant the whole thread - someone seeing someone who was 'blue' (I'm getting the feeling that they saw them from the top of a bus?). I actually found myself double checking that I hadn't somehow got on an old zombie thread, because I am so sure I have read this almost identical thing before...

I can't comment on whether it's been posted before, if so I've never read it. I'd be interested to read it if it has though, to see if there are similarities to my experience.
I've really appreciated all the feedback I've recieved so far, it's certainly given me food for thought.

Back