• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Putin Is Already Dead? Was He Ill?

Whatever is the case (sick/ not sick) in Russia it will always be difficult to fact check.

I'm now seeing similar health speculation rising around Trump. It's an interesting case for how such news is disseminated. I could cite examples but it might stray too close to politics. But it's an interesting model.

Russia has always had a reputation for delaying the announcement of the death of a leader.
I recall a Spitting Image sketch which included 'news from Russia' announcing the death of Leonid Brezhnev:
*LB standing up* "President Brezhnev is perfectly well!" *LB falls back* "He has a touch of 'flu." *LB propped up* "He's fully recovered!" *LB falls down* "A bit of a sniffle!" etc. etc.
I think it's all come from the fear/hesitancy of Stalin's deathbed. And I see a lot of Stalin in Putin.

Earlier on I heard a caller to a radio phone in talking about the Putin/Carlson video which he’d watched. The caller said he reckons Putin has Parkinson’s. As someone with Parkinson’s himself he recognised the signs in others. He mentioned

Leg twitching
Staring
Odd hand movements - this being a sign of some sort to himself
One side of his body seems more in control than the other - the right I think

There was more but I can’t now remember the details. Small things but added together it pointed to something for the caller.

Bear in mind that Putin will have the best medical attention available on Earth.

Earlier on I heard a caller to a radio phone in talking about the Putin/Carlson video which he’d watched. The caller said he reckons Putin has Parkinson’s. As someone with Parkinson’s himself he recognised the signs in others. He mentioned

Leg twitching
Staring
Odd hand movements - this being a sign of some sort to himself
One side of his body seems more in control than the other - the right I think

There was more but I can’t now remember the details. Small things but added together it pointed to something for the caller.

Bear in mind that Putin will have the best medical attention available on Earth.
I've heard this rumour before, another piece of 'evidence' being offered is that he sometimes seems to hold tightly onto furniture, presumably to control tremors:

vladimir-putin-hands-black-injections-13.jpg

The doctors consulted in this article say there is 'no sign of parkinsonism' and 'Media and online speculation is unhelpful.'

I've heard this rumour before, another piece of 'evidence' being offered is that he sometimes seems to hold tightly onto furniture, presumably to control tremors:

vladimir-putin-hands-black-injections-13.jpg

The doctors consulted in this article say there is 'no sign of parkinsonism' and 'Media and online speculation is unhelpful.'

Not very reassuring that same trembly hand is on Russia's nuclear button.

Yes, that was one of the other ‘tells’ he mentioned.

In the hilarious, rambling Tucker Carlson interview, there is also a bit where his left foot seems to involuntarily curl upward, like a spasm, which he halts by forcing his knee down with his left hand.

He is also very bloated, which often indicates heavy steroid use.

He is fighting something. Often, when you see those long tracking shots of him walking down the halls in the Kremlin, he appears to have one should higher than the other too. Asymmetry in gait can be indicative of several different things too. But, he is a man in his 70s, who knows what ailments he may have,

He is fighting something. Often, when you see those long tracking shots of him walking down the halls in the Kremlin, he appears to have one should higher than the other too. Asymmetry in gait can be indicative of several different things too. But, he is a man in his 70s, who knows what ailments he may have,
He's walked like that ever since he was in the KGB.
Bodyguards and secret service operatives, carrying a concealed weapon, tend to walk like that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunslinger%27s_gait#:~:text=Vladimir%20Putin,-The%20gunslinger's%20gait&text=There%20has%20been%20speculation%20that,a%20similar%20style%20of%20walk.

He may not be dead but if the negative thoughts about him from around the world
had any effect he likely would be.
:litg::omr:

As someone with Parkinson’s, the suggestion Putin has the condition (or Parkinsonism, not quite the same thing) seems plausible to me - but the signs aren’t conclusive.

Tremor can be caused by quite a few conditions, and steroids aren’t usually prescribed for Parkinson’s - in the West, anyway. Putin’s putative Parkinson’s doesn’t make him more or less likely to press the button, but I’d much rather he didn’t have anything to press in the first place.

Back