• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Quantum Leaping"

Melf

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
i know that there are ethical and moral issues here

when experiencing a oobe would it be possible to "leap into" (for want of a better phrase) someones elses body for a short amount of time?

and what effect would it have on both people?

would the person "leaping into" other people eventualy start to have serious psychological problems? (eg delusions, schizcophrenia etc. not that im suggesting that these illnesses are due to "leaping into" other people)

the person that has been "leapt into" how could they explain what had happened?

would memories of previous "leaps" (or lives) be left in each succesive "new body"?

(i hope this is understandable?)

sorry for the title couldnt think up a better one.

I did hear some one on a TV interview describe how an entity had entered their body (not in a rude way) and looked out through their eyes. It coulod have been one o those Fortean programmes on Channel 4 some years ago.

melf said:
would memories of previous "leaps" (or lives) be left in each succesive "new body"?

Interesting theory.
I used to be big into meditation for the purpose of precognition and telepathy and would feel as if I were not in my body at times.
It seemed to me that in order to receive precognitive signals that it was neccessary to "vacate space" in your mind/brain.
It felt as if then information was given space to flow into my mind from the future or from someone else's mind.
The creepy thing about it though,was that I seemed to have picked up memories which I could not explain having.
They felt quite real,just like old memories that had resurfaced.

Had I tapped into someone else's consciousness or was it just my imagination? I dunno.
If it was someone else's consciousness I was receiving could they also see into my consciousness .
Sounds reasonable enough I guess since if something moved out of its space in order to allow something else to move into its space then what moved out had to go somewhere else and see from a different perspective.

Provided they asked first and promised not to damage me!
:)

Body Rides....

Richard Laymon wrote a (fictional) book called Body Rides on this very subject. Its actually my favourite ever Laymon. The way he wrote it, the 'leaper' leapt into the body and could see and feel everything that the person was going through, and he can even 'hear' the thoughts of the body he is in, but the leaper is unable to control the body or make the body hear his own thoughts. He's literally just there for the ride. A brilliant book and a fascinating concept.

I recall reading some stuff from people who meditate and attempt to have OOBEs (or remote viewing? I forget. Maybe both) through such practices, and were quick to warn the reader that doing so could open up their body for demonic possession while their mind was floating around in the ether and that it could be a significant risk. The thought occurs that if they really could send their mind somewhere else, then perhaps they could hijack the body of another person participating in the same practice at the same time.

Hijacking bodies with psychic powers? Coooool. I'm not a believer in all of that but it made a Hell of a TV show! :D

Colin said:
I recall reading some stuff from people who meditate and attempt to have OOBEs (or remote viewing? I forget. Maybe both) through such practices, and were quick to warn the reader that doing so could open up their body for demonic possession while their mind was floating around in the ether and that it could be a significant risk. The thought occurs that if they really could send their mind somewhere else, then perhaps they could hijack the body of another person participating in the same practice at the same time.

i am willing to risk that.....

I have a few friends who told me they almost got messed up and I think possesed by some evil spirits while they were doing some kind of OOBE thing.........

but yeah I am still willing to risk it (asuming I can even pull it off at all)

Lovecraft used the idea in 'The Shadow Out of Time'

Do people who meditate and project spend that long under? I would have thought while your meddling with body2 - body1 is just laying there drying out and starving unless provided for.

Until it is tested, experimented with and established we probably won't know.

I would have thought that since the conscious mind is separated from the body then the automatic nervous system takes over, so the person is in a state similar to a coma...and logically (both the body and the mind)cannot survive separated for long.

Semyaz said:
...automatic nervous system takes over, so the person is in a state similar to a coma...and logically (both the body and the mind)cannot survive separated for long.

Actually your autonomic nervous system works all the time, otherwise you might forget to breathe (there is a rare syndrome where this happens).

Actually your autonomic nervous system works all the time, otherwise you might forget to breathe (there is a rare syndrome where this happens).

I know...sorry, :oops: I probably should have explained myself better. What I meant was that, although ANS is constantly working, when the individual's consciousness leaves (if indeed it does at all), then ANS entirely takes over control of the body's activities i.e. biological mechanisms, such as breathing. I shall also correct myself on this, it is not like the state that comatose individuals experience, hence the need for life support machines...

Thank you for pointing out the mistake, Timble, and once again I apologise for my mistake...

There was a UK TV series about this a year or so ago. Not science fiction, more occult.

Back