• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Quote Hangar (UFO-Related Quotes)

dreeness

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
(a place to store UFO-related quotes)

----------
When you think about it, the really astonishing thing would be if they did not exist.
-- Jean Cocteau
----------

----------
The almost universal attitude of scientists has been militantly negative. Indeed, it would seem that the reaction has been grossly out of proportion to the stimulus.
-- J Allen Hynek
----------

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate."
- Roy Batty, replicant

:oops:

"If you look into the sky in the early morning you see them playing tag between the stars."
-Muhammad Ali, boxer

;)

The TRUTH:

"A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them."

"Buzz them?" Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him.

"Yeah", said Ford, "they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor soul whom no one's ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their heads and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really."

Douglas Adams: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

:eek!!!!: "There comes a time in each man's life when he can't even believe his own eyes!" — Criswell.

All from Dennis Miller:

"Speaking of aliens, why are Americans so reluctant to welcome anybody
from Mexico and so enamored, witness the grosses for Independence Day,
of the idea of encountering creatures from another planet?"

"Now, true believers say that Area 51 is definitely hiding something
because if you go there, they won't let you in and they won't tell you
what they have there. You know why that is? Because it's a [bleep]in'
military installation, alright?! What, do you think that if you go to
Areas 1 through 50 you're gonna get a Chardonnay and some gouda? No
you're not! You're gonna get turned away faster than Roger Clinton
tryin' to get backstage at a Marilyn Manson concert!"

"Alright, occasionally bizarre patterns can be seen if you and Mike, the crop duster who dated Bee Benadara's lesbian daughter, Bobby Jo, fly over the fields out back of the Shady Rest. Some say it's a landing marker for aliens; I say it's Uncle Joe with an IV drip of grain alcohol and a Weedwacker."

"Another core-ingredient of UFO studies is the abduction by aliens.
Under hypnosis the abductees recollections all share the same
characteristics; long stretches of time unaccounted for, strange
bruises on the body, a suspicion of sexual violation. Is it just me or
does alien abduction sound amazingly like spring break?"

"Hey look, I'd be the first one to tell ya I would welcome aliens,
because quite frankly, I'm running out of people to despise on this
planet."

"To an extraterrestrial, Planet Earth at best would be like the Vince
Lombardi rest stop along the Jersey Turnpike. Chances are they stop
off here once to try to stretch their tiny gray limbs, pick up a nut
log and take a leak out of one of their 47 penises. But, on the
off-chance that there are super advanced alien beings out there
tonight interpreting this signal: First of all, thank you for
watching. And now, I want you to listen up, Caldar of Ramoula-Five:
When you do come here and abduct one of us, invariably, might I add,
one of us from a rural address, please... Stay out of our asses, okay?
There's nothing in our asses that will help you and your dying planet!
Life is tough enough out there in Grow Country without you
procto-naunts downing a couple cases of Zima and getting your moon
rocks off checking on Jethro's oil, okay?"

Polterdog.

sunsplash said:
"It's probably Venus."

:roll:

That quote made me think of a quote from the movie MIB:
"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."
:lol:

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us"

Calvin (He of Calvin and Hobbes fame - not the po-faced, anal-retentive, 16th century god-botherer who would probably have set fire to your testicles and embarked on a small war if you voiced even the merest suggestion that life might exist elsewhere in the universe).

Vardoger said:
That quote made me think of a quote from the movie MIB:
"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."
:lol:

Good but not the best:
1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.
8)

President John F. Kennedy, Nov. 21, 1963:"We seek a free flow of information ... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."

"When an armed and threatening power lands in our capital we don't greet it with tea and cookies!" -Earth vs. The Flying Saucers [1956] :x

I dont remember this one exactly but it goes something like this....

"I would be extremely dissapointed with mankind if we could not find civilizations/existance outside of our earth".

We have the fairy faith in Middle Europe; we have the vampire and various other kinds of legends. We have the mysterious airships in 1897. Now we have spaceships. But all of these things are nothing but a cover for the real phenomenon -- whatever it is.
John Keel

When I met Stephen Spielberg, I argued with him that the subject was even more interesting if it wasn't extraterrestrials. If it was real, physical, but not ET. So he said, "You're probably right, but that's not what the public is expecting--this is Hollywood and I want to give people something that's close to what they expect."
Jacques Vallee

Memorable Quote from The Thing From Another World

[after a quick encounter with the Thing]
Hendry: Did you get your picture?
Ned "Scotty" Scott: No, you were in the way and the door wasn't open long enough.
Hendry: You want us to open it again?
Ned "Scotty" Scott: NO!

Later Twining became chief of the joint chiefs. "Deny everything," Corso quotes Twining as having said to President Truman, "but let public sentiment take its course."
:spinning

dreeness said:
(a place to store UFO-related quotes)

----------
When you think about it, the really astonishing thing would be if they did not exist.
-- Jean Cocteau
----------

----------
The almost universal attitude of scientists has been militantly negative. Indeed, it would seem that the reaction has been grossly out of proportion to the stimulus.
-- J Allen Hynek
----------

'Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for therby some have entertained angels unawares'. Hebrews XIII, 2

JUK said:
'Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for therby some have entertained angels unawares'. Hebrews XIII, 2
Worth repeating! (It might even be true...)

"What most people don't understand is that UFOs are on a cosmic tourist route. That's why they're always seen in Arizona, Scotland, and New Mexico. Another thing to consider is that all three of those destinations are good places to play golf. So there's possibly some connection between aliens and golf."

-- Alice Cooper

“The UFO Singularity” by Micah Hanks

“Mr. Hanks provides almost every view extant about UFOs: what they are, where they come from (he likes the time-travel scenario), and what they portend, as the phenomenon drives us and itself toward Mr. Hanks

This is a great read!! :p

Back