Random/Peculiar Images

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
1000.jpeg
This photo is weird enough, but the explanation is even weirder. Can you guess what's going on?

Clues: Finland, heavy metal music, and an actual championship event in progress.

Purl jam: Finland hosts heavy metal knitting championship

Armed with needles and a yarn of wool, teams of avid knitters danced Thursday to the deafening sounds of drums beating and guitars slashing at the first-ever Heavy Metal Knitting World Championship in eastern Finland.

With stage names such as Woolfumes, Bunny Bandit and 9″ Needles, the participants shared a simple goal: to showcase their knitting skills while dancing to heavy metal music in the most outlandish way possible. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.apnews.com/fe852ee8bb5f4fbe90142146eb4cdf17

i ll go one further, ladder hook repurposed as bike hook
Close, ladder hook is attached to the bottom of a large wooden mushroom, partly to stabilise it in the ground but also I figured once the soil has settled it'll be a pig for someone to try and pull out, doubt it's that pinchable but it's the sort of thing some drunk student might think it was funny to make off with.

Closer than the hand cranked dildo suggestion I had somewhere else. :O

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
This one isn't immediately obvious from the image alone ...

View attachment 18930
Seagull Impaled on a TV Antenna in Wales

... and yes, it was rescued ...

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/0...-impaled-on-rooftop-TV-antenna/6831563306805/
Crikey, poor thing... glad it was ok in the end.

I can't decide whether I should be wondering:
how it managed to impale itself when most other birds don't end up doing this...
... or why most other birds don't end up doing this, given the plethora of television aerials that exist!