Random/Peculiar Images

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Sorry to quote my own post, but found this interesting blog about the Horror Top Trumps...

"...despite the best efforts of Top Trumps historians and the propensity of the internet to turn up even the most obscure nuggets of trivia, no one knows who devised these sets or who did the notorious artwork...."

http://hypnogoria.blogspot.com/2015/07/great-ghosts-of-shelves-18-horror-top.html

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
"...despite the best efforts of Top Trumps historians and the propensity of the internet to turn up even the most obscure nuggets of trivia, no one knows who devised these sets or who did the notorious artwork...."
It's like the book illustrations in The Seventh Gate: the artist was The Devil Himself.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the art was drawn so much as traced. With tracing paper.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
I was at an art exhibition a few years ago and saw a life-sized crocodile made out of engine parts which was really cool. There was also a square of cling-film taped to the floor with some sand sprinkled on it. Not so cool.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I went to an art exhibition in London years ago and saw a whole load of fish sculptures made from hubcaps.
I talked to the artist for a while. He told me that he'd got the idea from seeing a load of hubcaps lying around the streets nearby and started picking them up. The sculptures were amazing.

https://www.hubcapcreatures.com/

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
I went to an art exhibition in London years ago and saw a whole load of fish sculptures made from hubcaps.
I talked to the artist for a while. He told me that he'd got the idea from seeing a load of hubcaps lying around the streets nearby and started picking them up. The sculptures were amazing.

If I win the lottery, I want that Samurai statue.

Fluttermoth

Mrs Treguard
Reaction score

My sons used to collect odd hubcaps; we didn't do anything with them, just hung them on their bedroom wall, but they looked cool, like shields :)

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
20191001_163156.jpg

Four-armed mutant football hooligans on the loose- able to hurl four beer bottles full of piss at once in the direction of a family who just thought it would be a nice day to go and watch a game of football with the kids.

I obscured this guy's face in case there are any legal repercussions for the board for posting his face... and also in case he tracks me down and beats me mercilessly in a whirlwind of his four solid fists.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
View attachment 20339

Four-armed mutant football hooligans on the loose- able to hurl four beer bottles full of piss at once in the direction of a family who just thought it would be a nice day to go and watch a game of football with the kids.

I obscured this guy's face in case there are any legal repercussions for the board for posting his face... and also in case he tracks me down and beats me mercilessly in a whirlwind of his four solid fists.
He seems to be giving the guy on the right a face-slap and a nut grope, all at the same time.
Dreadful behaviour.

Ogdred Weary

No Lives Matter
Reaction score
View attachment 20339

Vitruligan Man.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Wasn't that a scene in The Cannonball Run?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't that a scene in The Cannonball Run?
I only have the vaguest recollection of what actually happens in that films, apart from a race, fights and attempts to sleep with women and get money.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Sorry for the terrible quality, but this what I mean:

"Ah can't see shit, can you?!"