Random/Peculiar Images

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Turnabout is fair play. You attack my vulnerable ass, and I'll take you with me into the Great Beyond ...

Croc&Elephant.jpg
Dead Elephant Found Lying on Top of a Squashed Crocodile. What Happened?

A recent confrontation between an elephant and a crocodile ended in a surprising twist that left both combatants dead, with the crocodile flattened underneath the fallen pachyderm.

A photo that was captured in Zambia's South Luangwa National Park by a guide with Kafunta Safaris showed the grim and surprising scene: A dead elephant lay on top of an equally dead crocodile, the reptile's long tail extending beyond the elephant's splayed hind legs. Other photos of the gruesome scene show dozens of vultures and other scavengers crowding around the carcasses.

The safari company shared images of the remains on Facebook, calling the death poses "extremely strange." But what may have led to this highly unusual tableau? ...
FULL STORY: https://www.livescience.com/elephant-crushed-crocodile.html

EnolaGaia

Staff member

EnolaGaia

Staff member
I think this is a picture from Quincy. But maybe I'm wrong and it's a pic from the Odd Couple with Tony Randall not quite his usual dapper self.
It's a publicity still for Quincy M. E. There' are multiple such Quincy publicity photos of Klugman in a lab coat and the same necktie.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Whatever life forms we may one day encounter elsewhere in the universe, I doubt we'll ever meet anything more bizarre than some terrestrial creatures.
No, not something from a 1970s Roger Dean poster, I give you the Brazilian Treehopper:

View attachment 20662
That has got to be one of the weirdest insects I've seen.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Hotel-teams-compete-in-Housekeeping-Olympics-in-Las-Vegas.jpg

Hotel teams compete in Housekeeping Olympics in Las Vegas

Teams of hotel workers gathered in a Las Vegas resort to pit their skills against each other in the annual Las Vegas Housekeeping Olympics.

The ninth annual competition Wednesday at the Mandalay Bay resort featured teams representing hotels and resorts around Las Vegas competing in events including bed-making contests, confetti vacuum races and a toilet paper toss.

The Venetian team took first place in the competition, with The Mirage coming in second and Circus Circus taking third.

Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling said the event is a means of celebrating the unsung workers of the hospitality industry.
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/1...ing-Olympics-in-Las-Vegas/5691572019167/?sl=1

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
My great great Grandfather, John Moules as a little boy in the 1870's .. they don't look very rich so I wonder how they could even have afforded to have this photo taken back then. I looked uncannily like John as a little boy in the 70' .. also this old photo was taken in Norfolk, I'm the first in our family since back then to live in Norfolk.

I'd love to track down this house and visit it. I doubt it still exists but you never know ..

aswiftfamilyphoto01.jpg

.. my great great great Grandmother Caroline is also in this picture, I'm told she lived to 102.

Last edited:

michael59

Ephemeral Spectre
My great great Grandfather, John Moules as a little boy in the 1870's .. they don't look very rich so I wonder how they could even have afforded to have this photo taken back then. I looked uncannily like John as a little boy in the 70' .. also this old photo was taken in Norfolk, I'm the first in our family since back then to live in Norfolk.

I'd love to track down this house and visit it. I doubt it still exists but you never know ..

View attachment 20745

.. my great great great Grandmother Caroline is also in this picture, I'm told she lived to 102.
Awesome picture, Swifty.

What's the black circular thing in the sky, upper right corner?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

View attachment 20745

I have old family photos like that. Last time I posted them I was laughed out of'ere!