Random/Peculiar Images

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
"IN A WORLD WHERE SPEED BUMPS NO LONGER EXIST"

Interesting arty concept car but no thanks.
Yeah, that was my reaction too. Those wheel cowlings are a stupid idea.
There's also no steering wheel - it's autonomous. Oh yes, and the entire roof and side of the vehicle goes up so you can walk into the car without ducking. It seems to be designed for royalty.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Yeah, that was my reaction too. Those wheel cowlings are a stupid idea.
There's also no steering wheel - it's autonomous. Oh yes, and the entire roof and side of the vehicle goes up so you can walk into the car without ducking. It seems to be designed for royalty.
My Grandad worked for Rolls Royce to help develop the merlin engine with his best mate for the spitfire .. his best mate's name is my Dad's first name and also my middle name.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
My Grandad worked for Rolls Royce to help develop the merlin engine with his best mate for the spitfire .. his best mate's name is my Dad's first name and also my middle name.
They all did a hell of a job! Here is my favorite video of one starting up. The Merlin is from about 2:00 to 2:45. I've watched this at least a dozen times.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
One of the best sounds ever is that of a Merlin, especially when it's in a Spitfire or Mustanf flying low and fast - always a highlight of any airshow I went to.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
One of the best sounds ever is that of a Merlin, especially when it's in a Spitfire or Mustanf flying low and fast - always a highlight of any airshow I went to.
Last one, I promise.

A Spitfire dipping its iconic wing when overflying HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales while docked at HM Naval Base Portsmouth.

ELGa1umXYAAQqRJ.jpeg

Source:
https://twitter.com/testpilotjim