Random/Peculiar Images

ChasFink

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
McDonalds, Roswell, New Mexico...
View attachment 20938
We had something similar in the UK, near the A1 at Alconbury.

The 'Megatron' has long since left the planet, though.
I live near a true McMansion of a McDonald's (New Hyde Park, NY):
McD.jpg

Interesting fact: it was once a funeral home!

Saw this in contemporary film on a tv programme recently: Messerschmitt Me 323 Gigant

Never seen it before, just stunned by the basic lorry-with-wings non-streamlining.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_323

By Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-596-0367-05A / Menzendorf / CC-BY-SA 3.0, CC BY-SA 3.0 de, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5413083

View attachment 21784
This is even more amazing when you consider this was adapted from the Me 321 glider version:
me321-landed.jpg

Which was towed by the perverse-looking He 111Z Zwilling:
013ebe45934f081f2d7c5fd0c37945dd.jpg

Randomly wondering if I should take up stamp-collecting again ?

View attachment 21852
This strikes me as more appropriate for the WTF thread.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
I am vaguely attracted to some modern architecture, but that is some kind of Ballardian tower of Babel.
It reminds me of some of the more fanciful arcology concept sketches from the 1960s - 1970s.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Shanghai, China​
The Great Pyramid of Shanghai.
NOVEMBER 21, 2019​
Photo by Nathan Ackley​

View attachment 21924
Surely this is just a radically upscaled version of some of the student accommodation from my old alma mater, the University of East Anglia...
288ecc64-8537-4c42-b673-131552f94a2e.jpg

Which is also home to the Sainsbury Centre arts complex...

sainsbury-centre-for-visual-arts-by-norman-foster.jpg

...Which doubled as the Avengers HQ in the Marvel Avengers movies...

images.jpg

Attachments

Schrodinger's Zebra

My joints go out more than I do
Reaction score
In case you've ever wondered just how wide anyone can "open wide" ...

The Guinness-certified world's largest mouth gape belongs (perhaps unsurprisingly ... ) to a 14-year-old American boy.

NEWS STORY (With Video): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/12/12/Minnesota-teen-has-367-inch-mouth-gape/5301576162555/?sl=3

My jaw does that.. :nods: Gave the anaesthetist quite the shock before my operation when he wanted to see my throat for putting the tube in.

"You didn't need to open it that wide." I think was his comment.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
My jaw does that.. :nods: Gave the anaesthetist quite the shock before my operation when he wanted to see my throat for putting the tube in.
"You didn't need to open it that wide." I think was his comment.
Some eejit with a gob full of straws.
1576699471016.jpeg

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
That Feeling You Get When You Realize
You're Screwed, You're Solely To Blame
And Now Everyone Will Know You're A Screw-Up

Firefighters-rescue-dog-stranded-in-a-tree-after-chasing-cat.jpg

Firefighters in California came to the rescue of a dog that chased a cat up a tree and ended up stranded at the top.

The Lathrop Manteca Fire District said the German shepherd was chasing a cat when the feline fled up a tree, and the dog followed.

Firefighters arrived to find the cat at the top of the tree, with the dog stranded not far below.

The cat jumped to safety on its own, but the dog needed some help from the firefighters and a ladder to get back to solid ground. ...
SOURCE: https://apnews.com/c9b1d1e233cf0fe3a2e77db67dc70585

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
A sheep wearing a (human) bra, which is serving its originally intended purpose ...

Sheep-wears-human-bra-to-correct-saggy-udders.jpg

Sheep wears human bra to correct saggy udders

Veterinarians in New Zealand said a sheep with severely damaged and saggy udders was spared surgery or worse when she was fitted with a bra designed for humans.

Dr. Sarah Clews, a veterinarian with Franklin Vets Lifestyle Farms, said Rose, a romney ewe from a small farm in the Auckland area, suffered damage to her udders' suspensory ligaments when she started producing a high volume of milk while pregnant with triplets.

"When this happens the udder can hang so low that it can be traumatized on the ground. Unless the situation can be corrected, it is a case for euthanasia" ...

A large maternity bra, size 24J, was obtained from lingerie company Rose and Thorne, which inspired the sheep's owners to name her in honor of the company. Holes were cut in the garment to allow her to feed her three black lambs, which were born Nov. 11.

The veterinarian said Rose's ligaments healed enough to correct her saggy udders after a few weeks of wearing the bra. She said she bought the bra from the sheep's owners so she could attempt the same treatment next time a similar situation arises. ...
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/1...a-to-correct-saggy-udders/4291577466581/?sl=1

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Obviously not eating the apples was something of a trend.

View attachment 22257
You can write your own name on apples that are still growing on a tree if you strategically cut and firmly place strips of sellotape on them to form the letters. The apple's surface becomes indented and the skin grows around the tape by the time they're ripe for picking ........... or you could do a cock and balls I suppose ..