Random/Peculiar Images

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Got a major fire at an industrial estate near me. Latest reports suggest it's a warehouse that went up. Whatever it was it went up VERY quickly from thin wisps of smoke to thick black clouds in a matter of minutes. Lots of banging and popping sounds too.

P1010247a.jpg

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Two recent pics of our garden wildlife: our regular roe deer who has had at least two sets of does and the less regular visitor that is the weird-looking muntjac. The picture is taken through glass – we weren't able to open the window before it scarpered. (Whatever you do, don't tell Maximus!)

Attachments

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Folks were warned to keep their windows closed. It's still smoking this morning but lighter smoke.
Wish I'd taken photos of the Buncefield Refinery fire near Hemel Hempstead (2005) - I was 12 miles away and it looked like a small dirty nuclear bomb had gone off.

http://www.urban75.org/blog/625/

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Two recent pics of our garden wildlife: our regular roe deer who has had at least two sets of does and the less regular visitor that is the weird-looking muntjac. The picture is taken through glass – we weren't able to open the window before it scarpered. (Whatever you do, don't tell Maximus!)
They look deliciousghtful.

maximus otter

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
In case you've ever wondered just how wide anyone can "open wide" ...
Isaac Johnson's Guinness record gape width of 3.67 inches has now been surpassed ...
Pa. teen swallows world record for biggest mouth: jaw-dropping

When this kid yawns, he’s all mouth.

And what began as a curiosity as a child has just been confirmed as a world-wide record when it comes to mouth gape -- the distance between the upper and lower incisors, to be exact.

As CBSPhilly.com reports, that measurement weighs in at a whopping 3.75 inches for a Berks County teen who just claimed a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for his unusually large gob.

The new record-holder is Phillip Angus of Boyertown, Pa.

He first yawned his way to fame while attempting to pop his ears as a child.

Here’s what the ‘choppers champ’ told CBSPhilly ...

“I never have been the best at anything, really, but I’m now the best at this and it feels great knowing that I have this and no one else can have it, until they beat me,” he said.

The big-mouthed boy could keep his bragging rights for a while.

That’s because Angus bested the previous mouth gape record by a comfortable quarter-inch, plus.
SOURCE (With Photo): https://www.pennlive.com/entertainm...ld-record-for-biggest-mouth-jaw-dropping.html

Vardoger

YOLO
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Also, different theme, Scania's new driverless trucks look awesome.

View attachment 27176View attachment 27177View attachment 27178
I was driving to the opposite side of the city from where I live yesterday. Traffic was quite thick even tho it wasn't rush hour yet, it was about 3pm. There was this black sports car that I was admiring. It was one car ahead of me in the lane to my right. Then I noticed there was no driver. I could see the rear view mirror of the car quite clearly and there was no one sitting in the drivers seat. Then I realized that there was someone in the passenger seat so, it must have been a right hand steering wheel vehicle. lol

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I found this picture on a site offering free stock photos. I wonder if there's a big demand for pictures of three men sitting stoically with their bollocks on fire?

View attachment 27181
The guy in the middle looks like Link from Good Mythical Morning. Probably done for a dare.
Link:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
three men sitting stoically with their bollocks on fire?
It was a stupid challenge meme a few years ago and a terrible waste of hand-cleanser! A while back, I posted a somewhat related Youtube video, featuring a very nasty incident for a youth showing off his blazing cocktail skills. They have taken it down now but I guess it can be tracked down.

Meanwhile . . .

boulez-womble-2-big-2.jpg

French avant-garde composer, Pierre Boulez, enjoys a furry moment of entente-cordiale in 1970. They were both BBC assets at the time, when Orinoco gatecrashed a recording-session for Moses und Aron, of all things! :)