escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

These creepy figures are taken from:

(a) The cult Soviet-era kids' movie Kosmonaut and Krampus Khan

(b) This autumn's Most COVID-Proof Halloween Costume Contest

... or ...

(c) The 2020 Vatican nativity display.
The display isn't new and has been exhibited before. Its current showing is to commemorate the Moon landing and was probably planned a long time ago.
Not exactly topical though, especially as more relevant issues such as the refugee crisis have been the theme in previous years.

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This site has some very satisfying images, could also belong in the ASMR thread.

https://www.ninjajournalist.com/entertainment/satisfying-photos-yh/
Some wonderful images there. Thanks for sharing!

However, my borderline OCD means that I can't let a couple of the captions go uncorrected:
The metal pipes fixed in a beautiful whorl pattern aren't soldered copper - they're welded steel, probably stainless. Sorry...

And the caption which compliments the driver on their perfect 3-point turn has it slightly wrong - the car has simply reversed out of a parking space and driven away.

And now I've sucked the fun out of that one, I can move on!

They are really nice pictures, though.

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Borderline? Ok. You could have just let it go. Yes, you could've. Yes, you could've. Yes, you could'uv. Yes you could've.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

However, my borderline OCD means that I can't let a couple of the captions go uncorrected:
The metal pipes fixed in a beautiful whorl pattern aren't soldered copper - they're welded steel, probably stainless. Sorry...

And the caption which compliments the driver on their perfect 3-point turn has it slightly wrong - the car has simply reversed out of a parking space and driven away.

Nobody's really arsed though, we're just looking at photos online.

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Borderline? Ok. You could have just let it go. Yes, you could've. Yes, you could've. Yes, you could'uv. Yes you could've.
Nobody's really arsed though, we're just looking at photos online.
You think I don't know that? You think I don't want to let it go?

Who am I kidding? One of the pictures turned up, slightly altered, in the jokes thread, and I had to jump on that as well.

I need help!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
You think I don't know that? You think I don't want to let it go?

Who am I kidding? One of the pictures turned up, slightly altered, in the jokes thread, and I had to jump on that as well.

I need help!
Normally when I notice an online discussion about pictures I offer to settle it by posting one of my bum. You have been warned.

Sgt Girth

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I don’t approve of idle threats like that Scargy....just go straight to the ass pic and be done with it! Shock and awe :omg:

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Peripart, not doubting you, but could that be titanium rather than steel? I suspect it would be hard to achieve with ti, but having seen a lot of tig-welded steel and titanium bikes, could it be titanium?

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Peripart, not doubting you, but could that be titanium rather than steel? I suspect it would be hard to achieve with ti, but having seen a lot of tig-welded steel and titanium bikes, could it be titanium?
Possibly, although probably less likely. However, and not wishing to incur the wrath of Escargot's photo album, I won't quibble further!

As long as we can agree it's not soldered. Or copper.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Possibly, although probably less likely. However, and not wishing to incur the wrath of Escargot's photo album, I won't quibble further!

As long as we can agree it's not soldered. Or copper.
Yep, not copper and it's welded – and I think it probably is steel, as I believe titanium is a bugger to weld (technical term!). I've seen titanium welding done at a bike factory and it was like a laboratory with the bike frame in an 'inert gas chamber' or 'welding glovebox', which I don't believe is needed for steel.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
I decided it was stainless, based on colors and the shape of the bead. I could be wrong of course, but it's either stainless or ti. Both are tough to weld properly. Pipefitters who work on power plants weld stainless all day long. Lots of them make belt buckles and such things with scrap. There was a frame builder up in Crested Butte who could make butter smooth welds on ti, somehow. To the point that the stems he made looked like forged pieces until you looked close. Too bad he wasn't so good at business. He did some amazing work.

Not trying to provoke an arse pic. Really. :evillaugh:

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
Welded. Get some fibre, Scargs. Open those pipes.

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
Normally when I notice an online discussion about pictures I offer to settle it by posting one of my bum. You have been warned.
You would win the internet if you did that on the correct forum. :p

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I've heard it said that Jags are very comfortable cars to sit in whilst waiting for the tow truck to arrive.
I woman I used to work with told me it's possible to make love in a mini metro but you have to first remove the gear nob.