Random/Peculiar Images

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
The Chapter House, Salisbury Chathedral by Turner.

View attachment 33072
I saw this in the night and fell asleep again. Dreamed that I was being shown the building by someone who knew it well.

He said 'But look at THIS!' and bent down ad grasped the edge of the floor as if it was a rug, and flipped it so the whole floor rippled! :chuckle:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
And why is Paul wearing wellies?
They all are, aren't they? It's wet underfoot.

Anyway Paul needed his to roam the large portion of the Mull of Kintyre that he used to own.

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
They all are, aren't they? It's wet underfoot.

Anyway Paul needed his to roam the large portion of the Mull of Kintyre that he used to own.
I was just thinking that, seeing how the original was famous for Paul being shoe-less (on account of his being dead, as some would have it), it would've been amusing to see him still without shoes, even in the snow!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I was just thinking that, seeing how the original was famous for Paul being shoe-less (on account of his being dead, as some would have it), it would've been amusing to see him still without shoes, even in the snow!
Ah right, I see! :chuckle:

I'd forgotten about his bare feet on the original photo, durr.

The photo was closely pored over and interpreted at the time and for years afterwards. I can't remember now why Paul had no shoes but the explanation was mundane.

David Plankton

I AM HIM.
Reaction score
I can't remember now why Paul had no shoes but the explanation was mundane.
Adam Buxton asked him about this when he was a guest on his latest podcast. It was a hot day and Paul was wearing sandals. He merely took them off for one of the takes.

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
John's hair is reddish in the original. Not quite as red on the worn cover of Ms Popper's original album, which happens to be hanging on the wall three feet from me, but it does have a strong highlight.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A good friend of mine (an ex book publisher) now tries to spend at least a couple of months in Hong Kong each year, her favourite city. She's a great photographer too and captures some wonderful and quirky shots, also plenty of humorous ones. This was of one lunch menu during a visit during December last year...

chicken.jpg

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
This is the second illustration from The Funerary Passing according to The Rutland Book of the Dead. In this, only Paul is holding a cigarette pointing downwards as you’d expect to see in the Ancient Hieroglyphs of Akhenaten casually smoking a fag promoting his ancient monotheism stuff.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
A good friend of mine (an ex book publisher) now tries to spend at least a couple of months in Hong Kong each year, her favourite city. She's a great photographer too and captures some wonderful and quirky shots, also plenty of humorous ones. This was of one lunch menu during a visit during December last year...

View attachment 33161
Pigeon with a white wine sauce. That’s just fucking ridiculous.

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
chicken.jpg

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
I've had that A04. Wasn't bad, actually, but might not have been chicken.