Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

Mr. Banooka

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I would just like to say that moving on a tiny bit of time the Ford Cortina Mkiii (my first car) was, and still is, a thing of beauty.View attachment 34303
I genuinely dreamt I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Everywhere I went people laughed and took the piss. The boot wouldn't lock, the doors could be opened with a hair-clip and 2 out of 3 times it wouldn't start. I agreed that it was a piece of crap, but I loved it in my dream. It was also beige, like the one my parents had when I was a kid.

I told my brother about it the following day. His response was "Did it have a passenger side orange wing where a younger brother put his hand through the original swinging on it and the wall, it was so rusty". It looks like both of us had fond memories of that car.

I wish I knew what the dream meant?

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
I genuinely dreamt I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Everywhere I went people laughed and took the piss. The boot wouldn't lock, the doors could be opened with a hair-clip and 2 out of 3 times it wouldn't start. I agreed that it was a piece of crap, but I loved it in my dream. It was also beige, like the one my parents had when I was a kid.

I told my brother about it the following day. His response was "Did it have a passenger side orange wing where a younger brother put his hand through the original swinging on it and the wall, it was so rusty". It looks like both of us had fond memories of that car.

I wish I knew what the dream meant?
I remember the key from mine was just as good at opening a couple of friends cars as it was at opening mine!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
1TrillionTonsOfIceCubNYCIllustration_body.jpg
Above: According to the European Space Agency (ESA), "one trillion tonnes of ice can be thought of as a cube of ice measuring 10x10x10 kilometres". In this illustration, that ice cube, which the ESA says would be taller than Mount Everest, towers over New York City.
This is a graphic illustration for 1/28th (circa 3.6%) of the cumulative amount of earth's ice that's melted away since 1994. For the full story see:

28 Trillion Tonnes of Ice Have Melted Since 1994, on Track With Worst-Case Scenarios
https://www.sciencealert.com/the-ra...disappearing-is-on-track-with-our-worst-fears