Random/Peculiar Images

Schrodinger's Zebra

Desolation is all I see
Reaction score
Who's man who isn't Brian May?
Brian May Not.
No, Brian Can't.
Joe Elliott of Def Leppard (thanks to a Tineye reverse image search). I thought somebody ought to put you out of your misery!
I can't believe not one of you knew of the great Phil Collen! Shame on you, you bunch of philistines :p

It's not Joe Elliott (he's Leppard's singer), it's Phil Collen.

https://www.defleppard.com/member/phil-collen/
Except for you. You at least have a decent taste in music :)

I notice your signature is from The Prophet's Song. I've often wished someone would arrange that for a choir to sing.
The bit under my picture is from The Prophet's Song, yes :) The bit in my actual signature is from "Some Day One Day". Both excellent songs although I don't know about a choir singing the Prophet's Song, I can't imagine anything other than the original being up to par to be honest!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I can't believe not one of you knew of the great Phil Collen! Shame on you, you bunch of philistines :p

Except for you. You at least have a decent taste in music :)

The bit under my picture is from The Prophet's Song, yes :) The bit in my actual signature is from "Some Day One Day". Both excellent songs although I don't know about a choir singing the Prophet's Song, I can't imagine anything other than the original being up to par to be honest!
I only saw the top quote as I was on my phone so I went for the term signature. Seems you don't know what it's called either! ;)

Had a faulty car stereo which only played one channel so I learned to sing half of many songs including Queen's entire early catalogue. The Prophet's Song divided nicely into parts. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Desolation is all I see
Reaction score
I only saw the top quote as I was on my phone so I went for the term signature. Seems you don't know what it's called either! ;)

Had a faulty car stereo which only played one channel so I learned to sing half of many songs including Queen's entire early catalogue. The Prophet's Song divided nicely into parts. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.
Haha I've just checked my account settings and it's called "Custom Title". See, I had set it without even noticing what the setting was called. I'm such a doofus.

Queen were the first band that I bought albums from. (Stop me if I've told this tale already). I was in my late teens and from time to time when I'd saved enough money I would get on a bus from our small town into the nearest city, which had two second-hand record shops. I would delight in finding albums I didn't already have.

I also bought cassettes of them as well, and would sit on the bus playing my cassette player. Tenement Funster was a favourite to play as the bus trundled out of our council estate as I could relate to it so much.

Their early stuff was magical, and I would sit in the house late at night, in the dark, curtains open, staring up at the moon lighting up the hill opposite (I love moonlight) whilst listening to their songs. They would just transport me somewhere... I'd never known music like that before. And those songs are still just as magical today. :joyf:

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Ogdred Weary

Noeth Ac Anoeth
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Why has part of that been circled?
I haven't zoomed in on this image yet but someone reckons there's two sculpted small hands forming inside the chest cavity. Knowing Rob Bottin's work ethic, that's highly likely. He worked so hard on The Thing he ended up sleeping on set, only eating out of a Universal Studio's back lot vending machine and so was admitted to hospital when his work on the film was finished out of exhaustion.

Last edited:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I haven't zoomed in on this image yet but someone reckons there's two sculpted small hands forming inside the chest cavity. Knowing Rob Bottin's work ethic, that's highly likely. He worked so hard on The Thing he ended up sleeping on set, only eating out of a Universal Studio's back lot vending machine and so was admitted to hospital when his work on the film was finished out of exhaustion.
Its very grainy but it could well be 2 tiny hands

Ogdred Weary

Noeth Ac Anoeth
Reaction score
I can see a bigfoot and two nessies.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Calamari underwear.... Hmmmm.