• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Random/Peculiar Images

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210218-222148_Instagram.jpg

A mate sent me this screenshot of a random Instagram post. I have no connection to the woman, the account, or anything in the description.

The odd thing about the post is that I am in it. Can you spot me?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
View attachment 35578

A mate sent me this screenshot of a random Instagram post. I have no connection to the woman, the account, or anything in the description.

With baseball cap, reflected in window?

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Is it your eyes on the poster?

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Is it your eyes on the poster?
Good job sir.

I turn up all over Sussex, keeping an eye.

It's a shoplifting deterrent CCTV poster, the designer took my photo for something else and needed some eyes so he pinched mine.

Best report so far is that I'm in the Miss Selfridge changing rooms in Brighton. One of my colleagues had to leave without trying anything on when she realised my eyes were staring at her.

Made it onto Instagram now though, I think that makes me an influencer.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
l’m not “getting” that second snap, the jetty/pier structure. What’s weird about it? ...
It's a Google Maps satellite view of a pier in the Netherlands. Back in 2017 the image went viral because people thought it showed a dead body and a blood trail.
Google Maps Street View users spot dead body on pier - but image is not what it seems

Google Maps viewers discovered a sinister scene on a bird’s eye view from the Google camera.

The image was captured in the city of Almere, east of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. ...

Viewers thought they could spot a dead body with blood splattered next to it.

The image soon went viral online as conspiracy theories abounded of a gruesome murder scene caught in the act.

But since the photo has shot to notoriety, the murder theory has been dispelled. ...

What looked like a dead body in a pool of blood was actually two people and a wet dog.

The ‘blood’ was simply a trail of water left by the pet, and the ‘dead body’ was in fact two people standing up, one crouched over towards the dog. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/865001/Google-Maps-Street-View-dead-body-pier

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The view from our kitchen window yesterday morning – the deer is about three metres away. She always looks like this at this time of year. She gets a lovely winter coat at the end of the year but for a lot of the year her coat is pretty much this straggly; I do worry if there's another cold snap but she's survived the last few years. The reindeer soft toy is on the windowsill.

Attachments

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Mutant baby shark 'with a human face' cut from mother's stomach

PRC_183961495.jpg

Is this something cute and endearing, or will it pop up in your dreams tonight grinning at you with its hadalpelagic eyeballs?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
In case anyone's wondering WTF the child with the candle and the puppet may represent ...

It's a 1950 photo of actress Candice Bergen (@ age 4) with her father Edgar Bergen's famous puppet Charlie McCarthy. The photo was made for a Xmas magazine article.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/candice-bergen-charlie-mccarthy-photo
For twenty years, Bergen and "Charlie McCarthy" were a huge hit on US radio.

A ventriloquist. On the radio.

People were easier to please back then.

maximus otter