Random/Peculiar Images

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
A British Army AH-64 Apache aboard HMS Queen Elizabeth.

View attachment 36315

Weaponry aside, intimidation value massive if you see this pop up ahead of you.
Been at airshows where theses sort of things have been displaying. Flying along then they turn to face the crowd, really cool. Then you look closely and you see the gun is moving back and forth along the crowd... A bit spooky and chilling.

Who me

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Morning yithian that’s a bit of minor strangeness or coincidence I’m just starting to read a book about dame laura knight.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Attachments

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
You ever fancied owning a V-Bomber cockpit?! Come on, everybody must have at some point, and now's your chance. This Valiant cockpit is yours for £45,000-£55,000 plus costs, or there's a Vulcan cockpit if you fancy one for £55-65k plus, or a Victor. The Vulcan's cooler, of course, but there are no pics of inside the cockpit, which would be great in the, er, 'mancave' (is this really a thing?) for the man who has everything...

This is lot 2 but check out the first few lots:
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0314/lot-50a116a8-1c9e-4873-b821-ace600f64d84

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 15.56.28.png

Last edited:

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
You ever fancied owning a V-Bomber cockpit?! Come on ,everybody must have at some point, and now's your chance. This Valiant cockpit is yours for £45,000-£55,000 plus costs, or there's a Vulcan cockpit if you fancy one for £55-65k plus, or a Victor. The Vulcan's cooler, of course, but there are no pics of inside the cockpit, which would be great in the, er, 'mancave' (is this really a thing?) for the man who has everything...

This is lot 2 but check out the first few lots:
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0314/lot-50a116a8-1c9e-4873-b821-ace600f64d84

View attachment 36544
I guess I have five days to win the lottery!

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Some more info on Olive Oatman

Olive Ann Oatman (September 7, 1837 – March 21, 1903)[1] was a woman born in Illinois. In 1851, while traveling from Illinois to California with a company of Mormon Brewsterites, the family was attacked by a small group from a Native American tribe. Though she identified them as Apache, they were most likely Tolkepayas (Western Yavapai). They clubbed many to death, left her brother Lorenzo for dead, and enslaved Olive and her younger sister, Mary Ann. The two were captive for one year and then traded to the Mohave people.[2][3]:85 While Lorenzo exhaustively attempted to recruit governmental help in searching for them, Mary Ann died from starvation and Olive spent four years with the Mohave.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Oatman

Thete appears to be a number of books about her and a couple of documentaries

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
MantaRayPhotoBomb.jpg

A manta ray photobombs a picture of a Florida surfer ...
Lucky Florida photographer Rusty Escandell got the snap of a lifetime on Sunday when a mammoth manta ray — more than 8 feet long — jumped out of the water and photobombed a surfer.

"Saw the splash behind the surfer I was photographing using burst mode catching several frames in a row, but didn’t realize it was a manta ray until I got home and was reviewing the picture!" ...

He was at Satellite Beach with family and friends shooting his son surfing when he took the photograph, which has since gone viral online. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.foxnews.com/us/manta-ray-photobombs-florida-surfer-in-viral-photo