• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Random/Peculiar Images

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Roman, Ottoman, Napolionic, Belgian, Spanish, Prussian, Portugese, Incan, Aztec, Ashanti, Achaemenid any of the 200+ recognised Empires that have existed or just the British?
Just the British, it being Britain.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just the British, it being Britain.
I understand your sentiment and i agree in princaple, however how many of the items 'procured' by the British Empire were previously 'procured' by a previous Empires from a country/state/kingdom that was occupied by the country we occupied?

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
Istanbul’s Most Famous Cat Honored With Its Own Statue At Its Favorite Spot

All cats are remembered by their owners, but few cats are remembered by the world. Everybody will remember the late and great Tombili however, because the famously laid-back feline just got immortalized with its very own statue.

Tombili rose to fame when somebody snapped and shared a photograph of it chilling in a ridiculously relaxed pose on the streets of Istanbul. The cat soon became an internet legend and so, when it passed away in August, it seemed only right that it was honored in the real world as well. Now the feline’s lackadaisical pose has been eternalized in the form of a bronze statue that’s just been unveiled in the very spot where Tombili was originally photographed showing the world how to chill in style. It’ll forever be there to remind us that in this increasingly hectic world of ours, sometimes we need to take a moment to relax. RIP Tombili! (h/t: lovemeow)

https://www.boredpanda.com/laid-bac...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

1618337775123.png

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Istanbul’s Most Famous Cat Honored With Its Own Statue At Its Favorite Spot

All cats are remembered by their owners, but few cats are remembered by the world. Everybody will remember the late and great Tombili however, because the famously laid-back feline just got immortalized with its very own statue.

Tombili rose to fame when somebody snapped and shared a photograph of it chilling in a ridiculously relaxed pose on the streets of Istanbul. The cat soon became an internet legend and so, when it passed away in August, it seemed only right that it was honored in the real world as well. Now the feline’s lackadaisical pose has been eternalized in the form of a bronze statue that’s just been unveiled in the very spot where Tombili was originally photographed showing the world how to chill in style. It’ll forever be there to remind us that in this increasingly hectic world of ours, sometimes we need to take a moment to relax. RIP Tombili! (h/t: lovemeow)

https://www.boredpanda.com/laid-bac...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

View attachment 38022
Pity they couldnt have gotten a decent sculptor to do the job

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

feinman

Asymmetric Contact From Hyperdimensional Aliens.
Reaction score
Whoahhh mannn... Is that.. Is that? Jimi Hendrix up there??
(I'm glad that Jesus has a sense of humour). That was a beautiful painting in the.. Before time.
Three words: Painting Practice Purgatory
jesus restore-X.jpg

Last edited: