Random/Peculiar Images

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
The Oyster Catchers on the roof next door have had a happy event.
P1010382.jpg

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like when a hawk dives in to attack your head when cycling.

HawkDiveBombsCyclist.jpg
A ‘hawkward’ encounter: Clovis cyclist almost attacked by unfriendly hawk

A cyclist in Clovis had a close encounter with a hawk while riding near Temperance Avenue and Highway 180.

Our very own Chief Photographer Kevin Mahan was dive-bombed while riding in the area and was able to capture the hawk as it buzzed his head. ...

Mahan says the hawk flies around the area and has buzzed other riders protecting its nest, but this time he captured it on video.
FULL STORY (With Video): https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/d...s-cyclist-almost-attacked-by-unfriendly-hawk/

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
@escargot
Came across this whilst i was looking for an evil genius snail pic

View attachment 39716
Seems as if the illustration is depicting the fact that both are armoured, and just as dangerous whether sharp minded - or slow, either could overpower the other with there skills of combat.
*Just found this online page... https://www.digitalmedievalist.com/2013/09/29/knight-vs-snail/

Maybe it's got something to do with higher ground advantage, as I also note that quite a few of the medieval manuscripts do indeed show that the snail depiction is either on higher ground; or always on the safer section of a limb on a tree, leaf, or land etc.
In other words, the snail though slow is the wiser of it's opponent!

Last edited:

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
it makes me feel sad because he looks sad/fed up.

He's a gorilla. The largest and most powerful ape on the planet. Proud, intelligent. A master of it's environment, mountains., forests. Capable of complex communties and relationships. Undoubtedly capable of love. Undoubtedly capable of war.

And now he's sitting on a kiddies plastic chair behind bars. For adults to point and kids to make stupid noises at him.

I'm gonna suggest he's a tad more than just sad and fed up.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
He's a gorilla. The largest and most powerful ape on the planet. Proud, intelligent. A master of it's environment, mountains., forests. Capable of complex communties and relationships. Undoubtedly capable of love. Undoubtedly capable of war.

And now he's sitting on a kiddies plastic chair behind bars. For adults to point and kids to make stupid noises at him.

I'm gonna suggest he's a tad more than just sad and fed up.

Reminds me of that gorilla on Not The Nine O'Clock News.