Random/Peculiar Images

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1631734960368.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Wanted to snap the moon which is very bright tonight. Took this from my front step.
I did one and Techy took three. The weird haggy face (in the middle of mine) doesn't appear on his!

Night Moon.jpg

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Floating Heads!

float-heads2.jpg

Awful Library Books has caught up with the strange design phenomenon of Floating Heads.

It was a forties thing that survived well into the sixties, a reminder of the days when cut-and-paste was scissors and glue.

I have lots of decapitated conductors and pianists, etc. looming over scores, keyboards and violins on fifties' record-sleeves . . .

This baby-thing, however! It's as if the infant spirits are gathering for inclusion in spirit-photos which were never wanted. They were horrible babies! Begone! Begone! :chain:

Gizmos Mama

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
After a devastating summer here due to forest fires and the smoke, I'm very excited to finally get back to my new and frustrating hobby of astro-photography. After taking over 700 photos, I managed to get 122 good enough to put together to make this! lol

Andromeda Galaxy
Andromeda PS Best2 (2)3.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmos Mama

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
And my other recent "success", The Pleiades, (Seven Sisters), a cluster of bright new stars with the remnants of the nebula that birthed them still swirling around.
Obviously, there are more than 7, but a cool aside, they used to test sailors eyesight by asking how many stars you could see with your eye. If you could distinguish more than 6, you're doing good. :wink2:

Pleides small.jpg

WeeScottishLassie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
After a devastating summer here due to forest fires and the smoke, I'm very excited to finally get back to my new and frustrating hobby of astro-photography. After taking over 700 photos, I managed to get 122 good enough to put together to make this! lol

Andromeda Galaxy
View attachment 45123
Spectacular photo!!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
I know the pair are usually of demonstrably different sizes, but this ... :omg:

48138221-10008641-An_advert_for_a_lace_bra_pictured_has_left_social_media_users_in-a-16_163213...jpg

What a boob! Bra advert leaves social media users in stitches over misplaced fabric close-up that makes it look like the model has 'one giant breast'

An advert for a Lounge Underwear bra has left social media users in stitches ...

The lingerie brand took to Instagram to promote its Pearl Illustration Balcony Bra and Thong Set, which retails at £50 and features 'a stunning, hand-sketched embroidery illustration.'

The image features a zoomed in, enlarged close up of one bra cup to offer shoppers a more detailed look at the material and design - but it was rather unfortunately placed over the woman's chest. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...r-bra-leaves-social-media-users-stitches.html

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
I know the pair are usually of demonstrably different sizes, but this ... :omg:

What a boob! Bra advert leaves social media users in stitches over misplaced fabric close-up that makes it look like the model has 'one giant breast'

An advert for a Lounge Underwear bra has left social media users in stitches ...

The lingerie brand took to Instagram to promote its Pearl Illustration Balcony Bra and Thong Set, which retails at £50 and features 'a stunning, hand-sketched embroidery illustration.'

The image features a zoomed in, enlarged close up of one bra cup to offer shoppers a more detailed look at the material and design - but it was rather unfortunately placed over the woman's chest. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...r-bra-leaves-social-media-users-stitches.html

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
1632426875579.png
From Alex Smith

1632426979695.png

By Paul de Jong from 'The Physical Phenomena of Spiritualism, Fraudulent and Genuine', Hereward Carrington, Boston, 1907.

1632427077491.png
Art by Dario D'Aronco

Last edited by a moderator:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
ViolinBoating-Venice-2109.jpg
Why a String Quartet Set Sail on a Giant Violin in Venice’s Grand Canal

Local artist Livio De Marchi views the wooden replica as a symbol of the Italian city’s rebirth following Covid-19

Last Saturday, a larger-than-life, violin-shaped vessel wound its way down Venice’s famed Grand Canal. The brainchild of Venetian artist Livio De Marchi, who is known for his fantastical giant sculptures, the 39-foot-long boat carried a string quartet that played Antonio Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, among other compositions.

As Elisabetta Povoledo reports for the New York Times, “Noah’s Violin,” as the replica instrument is called, embarked on its journey alongside a handful of gondolas. Soon, a small fleet of motorboats, water taxis and traditional flat-bottomed vessels called sandoli joined the procession.

“Let’s just say that between the wind and the waves, it was challenging,” viola player Caterina Camozzi tells the Times. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...iant-violin-in-venices-grand-canal-180978752/