Random/Peculiar Images

Loquaciousness

The misuse of the word "fact" annoys me
Reaction score
Awesome...hope it will encourage other acts of mindless reverse vandalism. I may have a go myself, as most local authorities round London and SE England seem obsessed with chopping down trees :(
Someone round the corner chopped down a tree, and then went on to carve what I think he thought of as mushrooms out of the remainder. There is a group of three - unfortunately they look like a grouping of three very erect penises.
I must take a picture, but I am not sure how to do this without being caught.....

Last edited:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Someone round the corner chopped down a tree, and then went on to carve what I think he thought of as mushrooms out of the reminder. There is a group of three - unfortunately they look like a grouping of three very erect penises.
I must take a picture, but I am not sure how to do this without being caught.....

Do it anyway! ... who's going to complain? ... you're just admiring his craft skills ..

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
There is a group of three - unfortunately they look like a grouping of three very erect penises.
Use a zoom lens! ;)

Loquaciousness

Reaction score
Problem is, this is the same homeowner who got a bit narky when son was little and we stopped just to admire and talk together about the orange VW beetle on his drive.....
The way the road is, it is very obvious what you are taking a pic of, as even with a zoom as you would simply be standing on the other side of the road. Also, it's rather a quiet estate.

Swifty

Reaction score
Wait until he's gone out LQ ....

Loquaciousness

Reaction score
OOOH will go check!!!!
AWWWWWW...... on google street, it's still only a tree trunk. The orange beetle is still there and there are no penises.
upload_2015-1-18_10-24-7.png

Last edited:

Loquaciousness

Reaction score
Now I did this a drive by just now, so it really was quick and dirty whilst I was pretending to get a signal by holding the phone out of the window ( the signal is notoriously poor round here ). Sadly this means that the photo is against the sun and you can only see two penises. It looks much 'better' in real life. HONEST!

Attachments

• Penis tree.jpg
    Penis tree.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 54

Swifty

Reaction score
Penis tree.jpg .... Nice one LQ ... they're standing proud in this weather .. (click on picture to enlarge)

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Reaction score
Way too many to choose from for the not so decent, but this one isn't too bad.

2697_zps7e91818b.jpg

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That's a classic clip! Unfortunately never broadcast though, IIRC it was for a Christmas video they made for the staff.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Way too many to choose from for the not so decent, but this one isn't too bad.

2697_zps7e91818b.jpg

Is Zippy being punished for eating a human I wonder? Must have jaws like an anaconda. This should go into the cryptid section surely?

Andy X

AWOL
Reaction score
Now I did this a drive by just now, so it really was quick and dirty whilst I was pretending to get a signal by holding the phone out of the window ( the signal is notoriously poor round here ). Sadly this means that the photo is against the sun and you can only see two penises. It looks much 'better' in real life. HONEST!

It also looks a little like a family of jellyfish from that angle. It's certainly...unusual, that's for sure!

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Loads of 'lost' images here:
http://westfordcomp.com/updated/found.htm

The webmaster writes: "The pages below show prints I made from processing film I found in old cameras. You are seeing them for the first time as they were lost by the photographers that took these images."

We had a thread on this, but I can't find it, or remember the original poster.
(If it was you, let us know!)

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
I can't recall who started it - I thought it was you, Ryn!

Here was the point I reminded you of it!

That was over three years ago. How time flies! :)

Rediscovery of that site is always a pleasure and the comments are as poignant as the images,

"Photographs freeze fleeting moments in time. Nowhere is this more evident than with photos of people. You set up your subjects and trip the shutter. A second later your composition falls apart like a house of cards and people head on to the future."

Maybe it helps that so many of the subjects seem to reflect the styles of the classic period of American movies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
I can't recall who started it - I thought it was you, Ryn!

Here was the point I reminded you of it!

That was over three years ago. How time flies! :)
And I thought it might have been you!

EDIT: No matter, maybe there wasn't a thread, just a link. (Can't search for it without a name anyway.)

But this thread will do for comment on those strange, poignant images. And we have new members now who probably never saw them before.

Last edited:

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
26 January 2015 Last updated at 01:36
The camera that captured readers' lives

_80213956_rodkrugerford624.jpg

A recent Magazine article looked at one of the most important cardboard boxes ever made - the Brownie camera. Created by Kodak, it turned ordinary people into photographers for the first time - the snapshot was born. Readers sent us some of their own photos taken with Brownies, new and old.
In the article Stephen Dowling reported how the original model of 1900 was followed by dozens more over the next 80 or so years. Judging from your photos it seems plenty of people are still using Brownies of various vintages today - there's even a mystery to be solved and someone looking for old school friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Like most families, our Brownie photos show us as kids. Taken in the 1950s they are typical of the lifestyle. The car (pictured above) is an English-made Ford Prefect that my insane parents took their two whiny kids to Durban on holiday in, several times from Johannesburg - a trip that took three days in an age when all others went over night by train. The car may have been perfect for an English village but was seriously under-powered for South Africa, and boiled on every up-hill. The lady (below) is my mom Phyllis, who emigrated to South Africa with her parents when she was seven. I am the boy and the girl is my sister Karen. The photo was taken on holiday at Brighton Beach near Durban. Rod Kruger, Strubens Valley, South Africa

_80172202_rodkrugermumseaside624.jpg

etc: maybe 20 more old pics on page...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30744464

dreeness .

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score

B8YygRxCAAAX_ck.png

Schwadevivre

Antitheist
Reaction score
Another sign
Cropped%20Old%20Notice%20Camborne_1.jpg

I love it how they don't mind damaging or losing trespassers

Reactions: Doc

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Another collection of Lost and Found images:

1960s family slides: is this your family?

A collector who bought a box of photographic slides taken in the 1960s is trying to reunite them with their original owners. Martin Snelling, 44, has spent the past six months collecting more than 6,000 retro slides as part of an art project.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic.../1960s-family-slides-is-this-your-family.html

Most of these seem to have been taken in my early teenage years - quite a blast from the past!
One shows a British European Airways plane - only last Monday, in a shop in Redruth, I saw a BOAC travel bag (from the other British airline of that era, the British Overseas Airways Corporation).

EDIT: I'm taking copies of these pics, but some are in unknown locations. If you recognise any of the places, please post here.

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Many of the slides mention St Ives, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Cornish one. There are a few others in UK, but the only one with a Bridge St that Bing Maps turns up is in East Anglia. Any local knowledge?