Random Stuff From Your Neck O' The Woods

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Why am I reminded of the Clive Barker story where the two towns create giants made out of the townsfolk's bodies and have a massive punch-up?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Today our Probus club had a bus trip to the country and we visited a horse stud for morning tea after hearing a talk from the owner and seeing the grounds.
We then visited a Winery for lunch where we had interesting varieties of pizza using local produce.
After that we visited a farm with a café at Koowee rup which was an offshoot of the goat farm we visited a few months ago.
We were supposed to be able to pet some of the baby calves and kids in their animal nursery but there was a sign saying animal activists had broken in and stolen the animals.
It said in the newspaper today that the owners were worried about the animals as they were very young and needed special care.
These farmers keep their animals well and everything is really clean and they care for their animals. It's very hard when these people come and cause them problems.

skinny

Antediluvian
^ Ommo!

I do miss those wtf moments (in Krea/China/Jpn etc) where you see it, you can't quite believe someone actually printed it for public display, and you walk on shaking your head.

In 1998, I took a snap of a garbage bin at Lotte World in Seoul that had a sign above it, read: SELF SERVICE
The local developer in Youngdeungpo didn't print that one for some strange reason. I think I got the negative back tho, so.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
When coming to Cromer on holiday, don't park on the double yellow lines with your car blocking the gangway down to the onshore lifeboat needed to potentially save lives .. even if it is Sunday and especially don't let me hear you laughing about it signalling that you know exactly what you're doing wrong.

Here's the Mrs after I tipped off the traffic warden a little further up the road

amrs02.jpg

escargot

Beloved of Ra
When coming to Cromer on holiday, don't park on the double yellow lines with your car blocking the gangway down to the onshore lifeboat needed to potentially save lives .. even if it is Sunday and especially don't let me hear you laughing about it signalling that you know exactly what you're doing wrong.

Here's the Mrs after I tipped off the traffic warden a little further up the road

View attachment 12831
Punching above your weight there, Swifty lad.

Anyway... last night's Antiques Roadshow, about WW1 memorabilia, showed Cromer seafront.

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Why am I reminded of the Clive Barker story where the two towns create giants made out of the townsfolk's bodies and have a massive punch-up?

Reminded me of these characters - It's A Knock-Out Giants Race

Didn't they have them wrestling too? i can remember watching them on TV with the commentator Stuart Hall* becoming speechless with laughter.

*Hall was later imprisoned for sex offences against children.

View attachment 12831
Push the car into the sea!