• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
On New York-Delhi flight again, man urinates on co-flyer

INDIA (Apr 25, 2023, 02:58 IST) NEW DELHI:

A person flying on Sunday night allegedly urinated on a co-passenger and was handed over to the cops on landing in the capital on Sunday night. In this case too, the accused was inebriated when he got into an argument with a co-passenger and then allegedly urinated on him.

American Airlines has recorded the statements of co-passengers and handed over the passenger to law enforcement agencies. An FIR has been lodged,” said a senior official. The CISF handed over the accused to Delhi Police.

However, the police say they are yet to receive a complaint.

Deputy commissioner of police (IGIA) Devesh Mahla said: ““We initiated action after the complaint given by the airline staff on the unruly behaviour of the passenger. Legal action has been taken under non-cognizable offences. No one came forward to complain. There was no corroborative evidence or complaint given by the co-passengers regarding someone urinating on them.”

Police have issued a kalandra under sections 23 and 24 of the Civil Aircraft Rules after airlines complained of unruly behaviour.

Kalandra is a notice issued under Code of Criminal Procedure against a person against whom there is an information that he is might have committed a wrongful act leading to breach of peace or disturbance to the public.

In a statement, the airlines said: “American Airlines flight 292 (JFK-IGIA) was met by local law enforcement upon arrival in Delhi due to a disruption on board. We’re grateful to our crew members who are consistently dedicated to the safety and care of our customers and handled the circumstances with the utmost professionalism.”

The DGCA had sought a report from the airline which it has submitted. “The airline has taken appropriate action as per our regulations and will further investigate the matter as per their laid down internal procedures,” the DGCA official said.

The last few months have seen several instances of inebriated people urinating on co-passengers. Last month a 20-year-old Delhi student doing post-graduation from a US university allegedly urinated in an inebriated state on a business class passenger on American Airlines’ (AA) New York-Delhi flight.

The airline cancelled the student’s return ticket and barred him from flying AA in the future. It had sought appropriate action against him for “endangering flight safety.”

Last November and December had seen similar incidents on two flights headed to India.

Source (Undesirable Interface—full text copied here):
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/on...rinates-on-co-flyer/articleshow/99741206.cms?

No complaint from the victim!

On New York-Delhi flight again, man urinates on co-flyer

INDIA (Apr 25, 2023, 02:58 IST) NEW DELHI:

A person flying on Sunday night allegedly urinated on a co-passenger and was handed over to the cops on landing in the capital on Sunday night. In this case too, the accused was inebriated when he got into an argument with a co-passenger and then allegedly urinated on him.

American Airlines has recorded the statements of co-passengers and handed over the passenger to law enforcement agencies. An FIR has been lodged,” said a senior official. The CISF handed over the accused to Delhi Police.

However, the police say they are yet to receive a complaint.

Deputy commissioner of police (IGIA) Devesh Mahla said: ““We initiated action after the complaint given by the airline staff on the unruly behaviour of the passenger. Legal action has been taken under non-cognizable offences. No one came forward to complain. There was no corroborative evidence or complaint given by the co-passengers regarding someone urinating on them.”

Police have issued a kalandra under sections 23 and 24 of the Civil Aircraft Rules after airlines complained of unruly behaviour.

Kalandra is a notice issued under Code of Criminal Procedure against a person against whom there is an information that he is might have committed a wrongful act leading to breach of peace or disturbance to the public.

In a statement, the airlines said: “American Airlines flight 292 (JFK-IGIA) was met by local law enforcement upon arrival in Delhi due to a disruption on board. We’re grateful to our crew members who are consistently dedicated to the safety and care of our customers and handled the circumstances with the utmost professionalism.”

The DGCA had sought a report from the airline which it has submitted. “The airline has taken appropriate action as per our regulations and will further investigate the matter as per their laid down internal procedures,” the DGCA official said.

The last few months have seen several instances of inebriated people urinating on co-passengers. Last month a 20-year-old Delhi student doing post-graduation from a US university allegedly urinated in an inebriated state on a business class passenger on American Airlines’ (AA) New York-Delhi flight.

The airline cancelled the student’s return ticket and barred him from flying AA in the future. It had sought appropriate action against him for “endangering flight safety.”

Last November and December had seen similar incidents on two flights headed to India.

Source (Undesirable Interface—full text copied here):
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/on...rinates-on-co-flyer/articleshow/99741206.cms?

No complaint from the victim!
[An FIR has been lodged,” said a senior official. The CISF handed over the accused to Delhi Police.]
Presumably the Police warned him. . . "now urine for it!"

the accused was inebriated when he got into an argument with a co-passenger and then allegedly urinated on him.

Well, isn't that a surprise?

I thought there was some kind of ban against people flying when drunk? I've often wondered, when I've been watching the 'whey hey, we're on holiday, let's get drunk even though it is only 4am and we're still in the airport!' brigade.

the accused was inebriated when he got into an argument with a co-passenger and then allegedly urinated on him.

I thought there was some kind of ban against people flying when drunk? I've often wondered, when I've been watching the 'whey hey, we're on holiday, let's get drunk even though it is only 4am and we're still in the airport!' brigade.

It's all about the context. ;)

Someone taking a certain type of package holiday who's loading before embarking would be allowed to board because that's part of the Experience. I've heard stories of 18-30 reps physically dragging or carrying drunken customers onto planes home.

That doesn't apply in this particular incident of course.

Some people become even more drunk on a plane because of the slightly lower air pressure when flying at high altitudes. Cabins are pressurised, but the mechanism doesn't always get the pressure exactly right. Certain individuals are more sensitive to this.
That, coupled with the possibility that the person might also be a tosser.

Some people become even more drunk on a plane because of the slightly lower air pressure when flying at high altitudes. Cabins are pressurised, but the mechanism doesn't always get the pressure exactly right. Certain individuals are more sensitive to this.
That, coupled with the possibility that the person might also be a tosser.
I think getting on a plane drunk, especially in the small hours of the morning, practically guarantees that the person is a tosser.

IMHO, of course.

when marijuana becomes completely legal it would be great to start an airline where all passengers have to smoke a spliff before boarding, or if they don't smoke consume some edibles so that everyone has a nice relaxing time and spends the duration of the flight giggling at how small everything looks out the window.

You would just have to stay clear of the drug sniffing dogs if transiting through Doha or Dubai though.

We had an incident like this on the bus a couple of weeks ago, village fb was split between Outrage and those who hoped the poor man got the help he needed.

Back