• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Razor Blades Found In Tennis Balls

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Can't see a specific thread for this though we have baby food and chicken sandwich varients for razor blade adulteration.

Dog owners are being warned to keep a lookout for concealed razor blades inside tennis balls after it is claimed puppies found balls with sharp blades hidden inside.

The dog owner claims their puppies found the balls hidden in the reeds in Lyme Park near Disley in Stockport on Friday, Manchester Evening News reported.

They say their puppies began chewing on the balls, which disintegrated revealing the shocking sight of brand new razor blades wedged inside.

They added that they "can't bear to think of the consequences" had the dogs chewed or swallowed the blades during the incident.

The incident has been reported to police and park rangers.

Daily Mirror

'The dog owner claims their puppies found the balls' - Someone doesn't believe it.

Why are the owners' names not mentioned? I see that it was posted on "Stockport Crimewatch's" FB page. The person making the claim did not leave a name. So I guess better safe than sorry, warnings have to be sent out, but I am skeptical about a report made anonymously. You would think that the person making the claim would have contacted police directly.

Why are the owners' names not mentioned? I see that it was posted on "Stockport Crimewatch's" FB page. The person making the claim did not leave a name. So I guess better safe than sorry, warnings have to be sent out, but I am skeptical about a report made anonymously. You would think that the person making the claim would have contacted police directly.

Yup, 's'all balls innit.

If genuine - if - my guess would be that the found object was intended to be used as an improvised weapon, and that the blades were embedded in the ball, rather than inside it.

lt sounds, however, more like an urban legend.

maximus otter

If genuine - if -

Is there a lot of er..... "making things up" that goes on? I don't mean scrotes lying about having done something, or people who are mistaken. I mean people who initiate an interaction with the police with a load of total bobbins?

Is there a lot of er..... "making things up" that goes on? I don't mean scrotes lying about having done something, or people who are mistaken. I mean people who initiate an interaction with the police with a load of total bobbins?

It happens. In this case with the tennis balls maybe someone who lives nearby was trying to discourage dogwalkers from the area.

It's not just about the dogs and their potential mess, intimidation etc.

Dogwalkers can drive a long way to a place they like and they often make friends there. There can be parking issues. Nothing makes people angry faster than having strangers parked outside their house, in THEIR spot!

A goodly amount, with varying intent...

As l said above, my thought is that the ball was intended for use as an improvised weapon. lt may have been dumped, or it may have been stashed against future “need”.

l don’t rule out some sicko intending it to injure a dog, but it seems to demonstrate a bit too much forethought, and ability to defer gratification, for the common or garden nutter.

maximus otter

Last edited:
A goodly amount, with varying intent...

As l said above, my thought is that the ball was intended for use as an improvised weapon. lt may have been dumped, or it may have been stashed against future “need”. l don’t rule out some sicko intending it to injure a dog, but it seems to demonstrate a bit too much forethought and ability to defer gratification for the common or garden nutter.

maximus otter

Cromer Lawn Tennis.

Back