• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Re-suss annie.

thepsychicpig

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
whilst working as a cleaner in a old hospital many years ago, my mother and her friend were assigned to clean a recently closed former ward, on the top floor of a building, whilst they were in the ward, it was closed
meaning the doors to it were locked, they went about their duties and then came to a room with a bed and re suss dummy )amusingly called resuss annie)in it, the dummy had been placed in the bed, with a tea cup on the bed side cupboard,
so they took the dummy out of the bed and placed it on top of the bed and cleaned the room, they closed the door, and and carried on cleaning,
they then went back through all the rooms when they had finished to check everything was ok,
they went into the room with the resuss dummy to find it sitting up in bed again with the tea cup on the bed this time,
neither had been out of each others sight and were workng together the whole time.

I hope you're not telling porkies, Psychic Pig!

If true, this is a fascinating tale.

Was any attempt made to check whether other people might have been present at the time? Locked doors do not preclude other people with keys, for example, or other means of access to the ward. (And Med. students are usually game for a joke.)

If it was a spook, it certainly had a great sense of humour!

Wow, spooky :shock:

...and being and old hospital (which, granted, where else are you gonna find a re-suss doll/mannequin??) would have added to the whole ambience (sp?)/mood/atmosphere...!!

maybe re suss Annie was gagging for a cup of tea to get the taste out of her mouth?

sorry... couldn't help myself.

Having used one of the Annie's I hope you changed the sheets afterwards. She might've wanted a cuppa but there's nowhere for it to go apart from the lungs and they'd fill up pretty quick.

I love a ghost with a sense of humour!

I remember when I was in the girl guides hundreds of years ago,we had a resuss annie doll.It was horrifying to look at,just like a dead drowned person.I simply couldn`t make myself go anywhere near it I was so frightened of it.Daft eh?
Then a few years ago,I went on a red cross first aid course and they bought out more of these nightmarish things,one of which was a tiny baby resuss doll complete with pink fluffy babygro....it too looked just like a dead baby to me and once again I couldn`t go near it.
Luckily I`ve never come across anyone who needed resussitaion,but I hope I`d be able to overcome my silly fears if I ever did. :oops:

The ones we always used in the St.Johns had blond curly hair, perfect teeth, dry tongue and a blue tracksuit.
As long as any casualty is wearing a blue tracksuit, I can save their life.

no its not "porky's" lol, but it is true, and i've worked there too, and there are some very spooky parts there,
i've been into this building and its not a unpleasants atmosphere, infact i've spent a fair amount of time working in the closed parts, and late at night in the used parts that were empty,
i have had very little experience, barr with the black shadow of what nurses say is a old dead homeless man named frank who was taken pity on by a doctor and allowed to stay there till he died, this shadow appeared a couple of times adn then never again once some building work was finished.
the old main building in the reception area is very uneasy and so are some other bits were some old homeless people used to crash many years ago,
i always say hello in these rooms, you never know.
a porter once saw an old lady walking up the grounds late at night and he said "hang my love are, you alright?", thinking she was a patient who had gotten out and he turned to lock the door he had just come out of and she was gone when he looked back round,
another guy was sorting mail in the mail room and had felt a firm tap on his shoulder, he said hello thinking it was somone he knew, and there was no-one there.
other people have seen things at windows too, i used to ask people about experiences they had had there whilst working, some people have worked there all their lives, so you get to hear all the stories eventually.
but the one with my mum i know she wasnt lying, as its not someting she would ever do about such things.

Back