• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Real Demons? (Actual Encounters With Demonic Entities)

Tangent7

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A quick question to all:

I've always been interested in stories of demonic entities, but have always figured that these entities would be more attractive than the standard version everyone knows about. So here is my question. Have you ever experienced or had a friend or family member experience a meeting with a real (at least to the person in the story) demon?

Horns? Pitchfork? The whole bit?

If not, then what stories do you have?

farshores.org/jd011804.htm
Link is dead. The MIA item can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060913055842/https://farshores.org/jd011804.htm

Here's the full text from the MIA article:

Posted Jan 18.04

The Transforming 72 Tones Of Lucifer

When Aaron C. Donahue evoked and used advanced remote viewing skills to examine the 72 Spirits of the Goetia in 2001 he noticed something unique about these amazing entities. Each one greeted Donahue with a song.
Not exactly a song, but a tone. Each spirit carried a part of a song.

Since that spectacular event, Donahue says he has put the tones together. He says he believes that once joined correctly, they comprise a perfect song. He also believes this song to be the true name of Lucifer.

Donahue is so enthused by his discovery that he is working to form a band of musicians willing to perform music containing the tones. He believes this music will be soul transforming for all who hear it. He also believes that the pop music of today is so void that the world is ready to receive a band that can and will produce the 72 tones in the music it plays.

He says he expects fierce resistance from organized religion, and especially the Christian church. The angelic spirits that control the church do not want us to hear them.

All church leaders will resist the music of this band, Aaron predicts. Because the church incorrectly links Lucifer with the mythical being it calls the devil, it will declare the music satanic and make every effort to block it from public performance.

This is what happened to earlier bands that touched upon the tones but never quite had them perfected. Aaron said they included The Beatles, Marilyn Manson, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.

But Aaron believes the band can be very successful, especially among the youth and the adults who are awake and searching for an answer to the chaos that has consumed the planet.

"Everybody will love the demonic choir," he said. "The music is beautiful beyond words. It is the gate of Lucifer. It is technology that opens your mind and heart."

Aaron believes that releasing this music throughout the world, through Internet sales of CDs and public shows, will be an attempt at waking people up before the world goes into complete self-destruct from angelic domination.

"It will help deprogram and educate Christians and dismantle the church," he said. "I can think of no better way of getting into the hearts and minds of Christians."

...The guy in the above link may have some answers...I think it's more likely that he's a complete and raving nutter...

His son's site: ummo.cc/
Link (and website) are long dead. The 2006 version is archived at the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060705234413/http://ummo.cc/

I first read about this nutcase in an article he did for Farshores where he claimed all sorts of things about himself and his son. Most notably, in the article, his son was preparing to release something like 72 daemons by breaking the seals that bound them to hell. I wouldn't mind the guys, but James Donahue is so full of himself and his son....egotists. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tangent7 said:
A quick question to all:

I've always been interested in stories of demonic entities, but have always figured that these entities would be more attractive than the standard version everyone knows about. So here is my question. Have you ever experienced or had a friend or family member experience a meeting with a real (at least to the person in the story) demon?

Horns? Pitchfork? The whole bit?

If not, then what stories do you have?

Go on any magick list, you'll find loads of people into Goetia, demons a plenty.
They come in all sorts of guises and appearances, if summoned correctly they'll even chat to you and in return for payment may perform tasks.

I posted a boyfriend's experiences on the original 'demons' thread.

He is a poster on here now so you could ask him personally. ;)

Most notably, in the article, his son was preparing to release something like 72 daemons by either breaking the seals that bound them to hell.
I've come across a hatful of crazies who claim to have either freed or captured the 72 goetic spirits or similar once and for all. They usually also have a big backstory about a war in heaven and the dawning if a new era and ......

... sorry, nodded off there.

Since my contributions to the 'summoning demons' thread referenced above, I have had some contact with demons but I'm afraid I don't have any really groovy stories I want to tell you. Whatever the reality of such entities (I really don't want to go there) the experience is very much filtered through your own nervous system .... you want horns and pitchforks, three-legged lions and guys with toad heads .... you got 'em. You can ask them to take on a 'pleasing form' and you get the perfect fantasy image out of your head, pretty much. In fact I don't think I've ever met a non-corporeal being that didn't like changing shape and playing scary tricks ('boo!') but that is doubtless down to the way my head is wired.
A lot of the grimoires now come with illustrations of the various spirits, and just about all have descriptions - you can find some of the more common ones here and some, like the Crowley/Mathers Goetia, also come with sketches made by the magic(k)ian.

If you are wanting to start mussing with all this stuff yourself I'd recommend meditating on the majors of the tarot, I found it quite easy and harmless to converse with the characters thereof, and it's a good exercise for improving visualisation.

Real Enough for Me, at Any Rate

The only demon I've ever encountered was in a nightmare I had 33 years ago. At least other people call it a nightmare. I don't know quite what to call it. All I know is that I wouldn't wish that "dream" on anybody this side of Adolf Hitler.

The "demon" was a gigantically and mostrously obese human baby, six feet tall even it its seated position. It was incredibly filthy and covered with flies, while other flies circled around it in festering love-orbits. (For it was given me to understand that these flies were human souls who had given themselves over utterly to the Baby.) The creature wore a bishop's mitre and held a bishop's crozier.

I was informed that I, too, could become one of those flies. All I had to do was to fall down on my knees in abject adoration and let the "Bishop" touch me with his crosier. (Hey, ain't that one hell of a deal?)

I tried to call on Jesus Christ, but my tongue had turned into a sausage in my mouth. I could croak out nothing more than "Tedus Ki! Tedus Ki!" (Voices around me whispered, "Listen! He still has faith in that moth-eaten old fairy tale!"

But "Tedus Ki" heard my prayer and I awoke in ped. My matress was so soaked in perspiration that water dripped from one corner.

A well-known and theologically erudite Christian Fortean, with whom I've discussed this experience in detail, suggests that I had "a real life visit from Bael-Ze-Bub."

Oh, lucky me!

But my main point is - no plastic horns, tail stuffed with old newspapers, dyed red longjohns, celluloid fangs, pruning fork and all the other costume shop accoutrements.

_Lizard23_ said:
Most notably, in the article, his son was preparing to release something like 72 daemons by either breaking the seals that bound them to hell.

I remember one member of an internet based magick group once had the bright idea of evoking each one of the 72 Goetic Demons over the course of 72 nights one after another.
Surprisingly enough the group lost contact with her after about the 6th night, by all accounts she lost the plot in a big way.

I'd say so, but along the lines of unpleasant figures in dreams who I've been sure were "demons" due to their general aura. I see demons as something inside oneself, though, which it is possible to externalise (unwillingly) if you're not too careful.

But my main point is - no plastic horns, tail stuffed with old newspapers, dyed red longjohns, celluloid fangs, pruning fork and all the other costume shop accoutrements.
No, but your 'lord of the flies' there is pretty classic fare.

_Lizard23_ said:
No, but your 'lord of the flies' there is pretty classic fare.

Indeed.

I forgot to point out that the entire dream was infused with the most godawful BUZZING, somewhat resembling the kind you sometimes got in the old days from the radio speaker when you placed a tube (valve) model too mean the power mains. (In Amrerican electronics it's called the "60-cycle hum.")

One thing I learned from that dream.....Evil BUZZES.

H_James said:
I see demons as something inside oneself, though, which it is possible to externalise (unwillingly) if you're not too careful.

I dunno. If I believed that horror came from within me I'd have blown my brains out years ago.

Yeah, I know, "what difference would THAT have made?" <g>

As a teenager, I often used to go to a place called Byron's Pool near Cambridge with a friend who lived nearby.

The last time we went, we crossed the little weir on the river there. There was a man fishing and he seemed really out of place; he was wearing an old fashioned dark coloured waterproof cape which wasn't in keeping with the warm day.

There was just something wrong about the whole atmosphere of the place that day compared to previous visits. When we reached the other side of the weir a loud buzzing sound started up and we could see the fishing man laughing his head off and the water started boiling up in the pool.

Other people appeared on the other side behind this man fishing but he carried on laughing and the water continued boiling; we crossed back on the weir and got out of there very quickly. We talked about what happened afterwards and we both felt that this fisherman was some kind of demon. I haven't been back since.

melon24 said:
....the water started boiling up in the pool....the water continued boiling....

Melon, are you sure your fisherman didn't simply chuck a block of dry ice into the water? That would make the water "boil" in exactly this fashion.

In fact, a fisherman once pulled this trick on me a couple of minutes before I arrived at his dock, in a playful attempt to convince me that a UFO had just crashed into the lake. I was a teenager then and even more gullible than I am today (honest!) and he had me really going for a few minutes.

But your entire experience sounds truly eerie, and I'm certainly NOT faulting it. Especially that "loud buzzing sound." Been there, done that.

Could have done I suppose, especially because 'student pranks' abound in Cambridge, but the buzzing was what did it for me.

A buzzing sound is a very common part of people's experiences of high-strangeness , at least on this forum. Old Time Radio mentioning the buzzing sound reminded me of Byron's Pool, but I have also had this in wierd dreams as a child and also when I have experienced Hyponogogic and hypnopompic 'visions'. Its an electrical sort of buzz and I have read that electromagnetic disturbances can alter peoples perception of what is happening around them. It isn't an explanation though, as where does the electromagnetic disturbance come from! :shock:

Buzz Was

I had a "first" demonic dream about three weeks before the one described above, but it was so very much milder than the second that I rarely recall it.

But that damned "BUZZING" impregnated that first dream nearly as fully as the second.

Buzzing is of course associated with the sound made by myriads of flies, but flies were totally absent from the first dream.

If I recall correctly, the Arabic name, AL-AZIF, of H. P. Lovecraft's fictional tome the NECRONOMICON, refers to the buzzing of insects.

P. S. I spent several subsequent years fearing the coming of a THIRD dream, as worse than the second as the second had been worse than the first,

That's two of us then, Mega M8. Watch out for the pitchforks and burning brands! :lol:

Re: Buzz Was

OldTimeRadio said:
If I recall correctly, the Arabic name, AL-AZIF, of H. P. Lovecraft's fictional tome the NECRONOMICON, refers to the buzzing of insects.

I've often read that 'Goetia' means 'howling' in Latin. (Although the Wikipedia entry says that it's Greek for 'cheatery' and 'witchcraft - I can see how that MIGHT be related to howling, as it's possible that conjurers made a lot of noise for the sake of theatrics, but... Ehhn. Anyway!) In Alan Moore's Promethea (I think...) this was interpreted to mean that the place where the demons came from was filled with a constant buzzing sound.

The Bible is also has quite a few insecty-looking demons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(mythology)

The words daemon and daimon, sometimes dæmon, are distinctively Hellenizing or Latinate spellings of δαιμων, used purposely today to distinguish the daemons of Greek mythology, good or malevolent "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes", from the Judeo-Christian usage demon, "a malignant spirit that can possess humans".

megadeth16 said:
I dont think demons are real.

So am I correct then in assuming that you believe there can't be any such thing as a Thought, an intelligence, without a biological brain to create it?

megadeth16 said:
im sorry but whats your point that just went over my head.

Sorry, my point was - do you believe, or not, that discorporeal, disembodied, non-physical or "invisible" Intelligence(s) can exist? Or must all Thought arise from a biological/physical unit?

I just dont think demons are real but we dont no what out their. its just i need some proof be for I beleve that demons are real but coud demons just be negative energy.

With all respect, you didn't answer my question. But of course that's your right.

OldTimeRadio said:
megadeth16 said:
im sorry but whats your point that just went over my head.

Sorry, my point was - do you believe, or not, that discorporeal, disembodied, non-physical or "invisible" Intelligence(s) can exist? Or must all Thought arise from a biological/physical unit?

That's two questions! With a stack of options...
And sorry to quibble but non-belief doesn't equate to non-existence, although maybe it does in someone else's system of non-belief... Also, I'm quite concerned with this linking of Thought(s) and Intelligence(s), Only my cat can do that, and she's definately a Corporeal, Embodied, Physical and Visible Intelligence, well most of the time.

And as for your common dis-C, Dis-E, non-P and invisible demon, capable of cognitive bio-physicality... Crikey! when did that start?

Can I answer 'maybe,' to both questions?

:p

sunsplash1 said:
Can I answer 'maybe,' to both questions?:p

Surely - because that's the best answer I myself could give.

But let's agree that non-physical Intelligences MAY exist. Fortean/Paranormal evidence DOES seem to POINT in that direction.

Now let's further assume that not all these putative entities are benevolently-inclined towards Humanity. Some MAY be downright malignant.

If so, I fail to appreciate how these non-physical malignant Awarenesses differ from traditional demons.

I had another extremely unpleasant "evil" dream last night, where I was being inspected by a tiny slug/flatworm creature (i'm not fond of slugs, or flatworms for that matter). In the dream, I was lieing in bed, but I was quite sure I was awake, so it seemed real. I was completely paralyzed with terror, and couldn't speak, but woke up shortly afterwards. This is probably completely the wrong thread, but it's in reference to feeling a completely evil presence, which is personified in some way. It did indeed feel like an external presence.

Back