• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Reincarnation? (Miscellaneous Cases & Claims)

A

Anonymous

I don't have a clue who I was, but my daughter used to be Italian, I'm almost certain. My mother told me, when my daughter was born, she took one look at her and somehow knew that Naomi had been here before. Since then I have been told several times, once by a perfect stranger at a street festival, that Naomi is an "old soul"

The reason I think she was italian last go-around is because when she learned to talk she had a heavy italian accent, and used to say capish (in the correct context). And yes, her favorite foods are italian. To this day.

Reincarnated! Our son is a World War II pilot come back to life
By Zoe Brennan
Last updated at 1:29 AM on 29th August 2009

It sounds totally beyond belief. But read the tantalising evidence from this boy's family and you may start to wonder...The agonised screams pierced the air. 'Plane on fire! Airplane crash.' In the dark, a two-year-old boy was just visible, writhing on his bed in the grip of horror. 'He was lying there on his back, kicking and clawing at the covers like he was trying to kick his way out of a coffin,' remembers the boy's father.
'I thought, this looks like The Exorcist. I half expected his head to spin around like that little girl in the movie. But then I heard what James was saying.'
Over and over again, the tiny child screamed: 'Plane on fire! Little man can't get out.'

For his shocked parents, these nightly scenes were traumatic.
For experts, they were baffling.
As the nightmares became more terrifying, the child started screaming the name of the 'little man' who couldn't get out of the plane. It was James - like his own name. He also talked in his dreams of 'Jack Larsen', 'Natoma' and 'Corsair'.

James Leininger's father, Bruce, was flummoxed. In a desperate attempt to find an answer to his son's troubled nights, he embarked on an obsessive three-year research project, armed only with the outbursts and names his son had been shouting in his disturbed sleep.
What he discovered astonished and perplexed him, and drove him to an extraordinary conclusion.
A lifelong Christian, it was not the answer he had sought for his son's behaviour. But he came to believe James was the reincarnation of a World War II fighter pilot; a man who had been shot down in his plane and struggled to escape as it caught fire; a hero.

The idea seems so preposterous as to be unbelievable. Yet in their new book, Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation Of A World War II Fighter Pilot, Bruce and his wife, Andrea, lay out some compelling evidence.

It all began on May 1, 2000. James, just three weeks past his second birthday, was a happy, playful toddler living in an idyllic home in southern Louisiana. That night, his mother was woken by his screams. She held him in her arms as he thrashed around.
Soon, however, James was having five nightmares a week. Andrea was worried. Her little boy began to talk during his bad dreams, screaming about an airplane crash and writhing as if he were trapped in a burning aircraft.

At a toy shop, they admired some model planes. 'Look,' said Andrea. 'There's a bomb on the bottom.'
'That's not a bomb, Mummy,' he replied. 'That's a drop tank.' Just a toddler, he was talking like a military historian. How had he known about the gas tank used by aircraft to extend their range?
As the nightmares continued, she asked him: 'Who is the little man?'
'Me,' he answered. His father asked: 'What happened to your plane?'
James replied: 'It crashed on fire.'

'Why did your plane crash?'

'It got shot,' he said.

'Who shot your plane?'

James made a disgusted face. 'The Japanese!' he said, with indignation.
He said he knew it was the Japanese, because of 'the big red sun'. Was he describing the Japanese symbol of the rising sun, painted on their warplanes, called 'meatballs' by American pilots?

Tentatively, Andrea began to suggest reincarnation; perhaps James had lived a past life? Bruce reacted angrily. There must be a rational explanation for all this.
He questioned his son further. 'Do you remember what kind of plane the little man flew?'
'A Corsair,' replied the two-year-old without hesitation - repeating the word he shouted in his dreams.
Bruce knew this was a World War II fighter plane.
'Do you remember where your airplane took off from?' he asked.
'A boat,' said James. How did he know that these planes were launched from aircraft carriers? He asked the name of the boat.
His son replied with certainty: 'The Natoma.'

After James was in bed, Bruce researched what he had heard. A naturally sceptical man, he was amazed to find the Natoma Bay was a World War II aircraft carrier.

etc...

Next, little James unnerved his father by telling him: 'I knew you would be a good daddy, that's why I picked you.'
'Where did you find us?' asked a shaken Bruce.
'In Hawaii, at the pink hotel, on the beach,' he replied. Eerily, he described his parents' fifth wedding anniversary - five weeks before Andrea got pregnant - saying it was when he 'chose' them to bring him back into the world. :shock:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z0PYzvGRNb

This is a very good book of its kind and I recommend looking for it. If you can't get it in UK libraries, and actively collect reincarnation data, order through U.S. amazon.

The "drop tank" identification happened when he was two, and he actually said "dwop tank." At four he could describe the mechanical peculiarities of a Corsair aircraft. His father, obsessively searching for evidence to show that all this information his son was spouting was merely random, kept turning up evidence that it wasn't. He held on for a long time to the fact that James said he'd flown a Corsair and the aircraft carrier he named didn't have any; but then he turned out to have been a Corsair test pilot prior to the carrier. And on and on. If you believe in Reincarnation, this will look like irrefutable proof to you, and if you don't, you've got a nice chewy intellectual exercise ahead of you here. If not reincarnation, it's something equally odd and unlikely.

I don't have an opinion on the subject, and don't think it matters. What matters is that, in the process of doing all this research, Mr. Leininger established a connection to the crew of the Natoma Bay and began to feel an obligation to them, so he became a kind of liasion for the dead. The details of wartime deaths are often withheld from family for security reasons during the war, and then it's nobody's job, afterward, to go back and release information to families - and many of them have no idea how to go about learning what they want. The endless cross-referencing of segregated documents and personal interviews enabled him to bring people together who needed to meet, get information to the individuals who wanted it, and connect dots that needed connecting.

Has anyone ever read The Children That Time Forgot by Peter Harrison? It was collected stories of English kids recalling past lives, originally published in the 80s I believe.

I *think* I read it way back in the early 90s but can't remember anything about it. I'm hoping to interview Peter soon, and wondered if anyone else had read it?

Reincarnation? Surely we’ve been here before ;)
At least Joanna Lumley doesn’t indulge in celebrity memoirs from a past life with royalty.
By Christopher Howse
8:39PM BST 28 May 2012

Usually it’s with Aztecs, or possibly ancient Egyptians. If not, then in some royal court. That’s where reincarnated people remember living before. The unusual thing about the past life that Joanna Lumley suspects she had is its modesty. “I think I might have been a boy in the First World War,” she says.

The actress felt immense calm, she said this week, when she visited Ypres, where presumably her past self fell. This sort of feeling – having been here before and recognising something that means a lot – compels some people to think reincarnation must be true. I wonder.

There is, to be sure, respectable reincarnation, of the Tibetan Buddhist school. Then there is wacky reincarnation, of what may be called the Shirley MacLaine school.

In 1938 a three-year-old boy on the bare Tibetan plateau of Amdo was shown some objects by a party of visitors. “Mine, mine,” he said of some. They became convinced he was the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama, who had died a year before. He even remembered where his predecessor had left his false teeth. And so Lhamo Thondup became recognised as the 14th Dalai Lama.

His is a poignant story. He was taken from the windy fields of buckwheat to a vast monastery where he found companionship in the mice that ran over his bed. More troublesome later were Mao Tse-tung and his successors, who drove him into exile.

The Chinese now try to beat the Tibetan Buddhists at their own reincarnation game. When the Dalai Lama dies they will no doubt pick some promising boy and have his past-life credentials certified by stooges. To head off the divisions this would cause, the present Dalai Lama has announced that he might be the last, being regarded as an enlightened one with the choice of how he might be reincarnated. “Naturally my next life is entirely up to me,” he said a few months ago.

The Tibetan Buddhist school of reincarnation’s respectability need not make it true. The Dalai Lama has just been awarded the Templeton prize, the first winner of which, 40 years ago, was Mother Teresa. They strike the world as obviously good people. But it is impossible to see how they can both be right in their beliefs.

Tibetan Buddhism is a far-away religion of which we know little. Compassion and reincarnation sound comforting. The fearsome, fang-baring, three-eyed, orange-flame-spouting Dorje Shugden or Dolgyal does not. His crown is of five skulls and his necklace of freshly severed heads. This deity, or protector of dharma, depending on how you look at it, should not be propitiated, the Dalai Lama insists, for that would be spirit-worship. Others strongly disagree, which is why you often hear protesters shouting at the Dalai Lama.

The Dorje Shugden controversy suggests how much about Tibetan Buddhism is unfamiliar. You can’t just pick the reincarnation on the menu and skip the wrathful deities. In the West, an awful lot of Buddhism-fanciers are the toe-in-the-water kind. They don’t get up at 4am to meditate. I walked past a nightclub called Buddha the other day. No nightclubs are called Mohammed. We’re not taking Buddhism seriously.

“I was in the court of Charlemagne,” wrote Shirley MacLaine in her masterpiece The Camino, about walking to Santiago. Its subtitle is A Pilgrimage of Courage. The true courage must have come in publishing it.
Miss MacLaine not only discovered her close friendship with the Carolingian emperor, but tracked down his own future life. He turned up as Olaf Palme, “the Swedish prime minister with whom I had a love affair and whom I had written about in Out on a Limb and disguised as a British politician from the Labour Party”. Many politicians from the Labour Party must have breathed easier after reading that.

I can’t remember whether Miss MacLaine visited Aztec Mexico, but she had a memorable time in Lemuria, a civilisation of which Atlantis was part until everything got a bit too watery. “Did I have a child in this Lemuria?” she asks a spirit-guide in The Camino. “You simply impregnated yourself with your own androgynous desire,” came the reply. Easy as pie, when you know how.

Reincarnation is the in thing now, as spiritualism was after the First World War. It meets a longing for a life beyond the mundane. Spiritualism was not discredited by exposure of table-turning tricksters with Red Indian friends on the other side and false ectoplasm on this side. It just grew unfashionable, like the aspidistra.

Now it’s the “spiritual” without the -ism. This takes in crystals, angels, standing stones, Gaia, a diet of fruit and nuts and, in a weakened sense, the euro. Reincarnation, coherent or not, hardly deserves to be thrown into the same bran tub. Christians, though, believe, according to their creed, in almost the opposite, declaring that they look forward to the resurrection of the body. But that’s another story.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religio ... efore.html

This is a news story. It's in the news. A fortean news story. This is hte fortean news story forum. Hence I'm placing this fortean news story here where it does not currently appear to be.

I emphasise this as a plea to the gods in the hope I'll finally post something which is in't moved into file drawer b in section 28 in the basement of the notice boards. *looks pleadingly to heavens*

Anyway...its all in the headline..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/luke-ruehlman-white-boy-5-5122745#rlabs=1

Who is really convinced here is not the kid but his mom, apparently the only witness to these pronouncements. Since she's apparently done the research on the dead woman, she could have been feeding the boy all sorts of cues, consciously and unconsciously. Motive? Fame, maybe a book deal about the Heaven she says the boy knows about.

More importantly, congratulations on your post still being here for me to enjoy, nearly a month later!

good'un gattino!

'Return To Life': How some children have memories of reincarnation
via Today News (warning autoplay video)
It’s not unusual for little boys to have vivid imaginations, but Ryan’s stories were truly legendary.

His mother Cyndi said it all began with horrible nightmares when he was 4 years old. Then when he was 5 years old, he confided in her one evening before bed. “He said mom, I have something I need to tell you,” she told TODAY. “I used to be somebody else.”

The preschooler would then talk about “going home” to Hollywood, and would cry for his mother to take him there. His mother said he would tell stories about meeting stars like Rita Hayworth, traveling overseas on lavish vacations, dancing on Broadway, and working for an agency where people would change their names.
Offered without comment

The Ryan Hammons case written about in FT328 is interesting, not the usual Christian themed one out of America, the little boy remembered being something of a rogue in Hollywood in the last century, hobnobbing with the stars though it seems incredible he could pick out "his" photo out of the millions of people he could have been, wonder if he did that then the rest of his story followed to match it? But then, it wouldn't be interesting if it wasn't incredible.

Now he doesn't remember much of it at all, like it was a phase he was going through.

Its a long thread and i haven't read all the posts but General George Patton the no nonsense WW2 general was a strong believer in reincarnation describing previous times he had been in various military positions including a time as a officer for Napoleon.

Its a long thread and i haven't read all the posts but General George Patton the no nonsense WW2 general was a strong believer in reincarnation describing previous times he had been in various military positions including a time as a officer for Napoleon.

I remember that I had read something about Sylvester Stallone having painful memories of being executed (probably beheaded) during the French Revolution. Not all memories of past life are enjoyable or glorious.

I also remember that the author of the article had made a priceless comment, that it probably explained why he had never featured in a movie set in this historical period. Hardly needing such an 'explanation', as 1) films set during this time frame are not very common, and 2) with only one exception, all his movies are set in the 20th/early 21st century, and a few anticipation stories.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000230/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited:
Talking of cross gender, I often wonder if reincarnating into the opposite sex is the reason some people that feel they are the wrong body.

Cambodia widow sees dead husband in five-month-old calf

KRATIE, Cambodia (Reuters) - Cambodia's latest social media sensation is a five-month-old calf believed by a villager to be the reincarnation of her dead husband.

Khim Hang, 74, said up to 100 people a day visit her home in northeast Kratie province to see the calf she said behaves very similar to her husband, Tol Khut, who died more than a year ago.

"I believe that the calf is my husband because whatever he does...is in exactly the same way as my husband did when he was alive" ...

FULL STORY: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cambodia-cow-idUSKBN1A508T

One dreads to think how the husband conducted himself when he was alive. Presumably he grazed all day!

Well he seems to have paid for a nice gold bannister!

Did I tell you about the moth which is just two letters short of being my mother?

Donations only in gold please! :cheer:

I often listen to audiobooks on Youtube at bedtime. They often have a Fortean theme.

Stumbled across this one recently. It's alleged to be a set of transcripts of interviews with hypnotised subjects who describe their existence between their Earthly lives.

It's all there - group incarnations, parallel existence, Guides, even another planet for incarnations. While there's no overall religious belief mentioned, there is casual mention of minor gods.

Journey of Souls

Well worth a listen if only for the utter, earnest battiness.

This reminds me - back in the distant past I used to work with a herd of Jersey cows. One of which, I fondly remember (Ventonwyn Poppy, bless her) always made me think of my mother. I wouldn't say she 'looked' like her, or had her behaviours or anything but...there was just something about Poppy that made me think of my mother. Another cow, Ventonwyn Nightingale, looked like Stan Laurel. In her case it was the longish face, the sticky-uppy hair and big, baffled eyes. Nobody else could see it!

Several years ago when my boyfriend's niece was little, she was playing with some toys and out of the blue looked at me and said 'when i was your age, i used to take him to school and then go to work' (gesturing to her mother's then husband). It startled me and i asked where she worked & she said matter of fact 'the post office', and then she was off & playing with some other toy. Her use of the past tense through me off ('when i was your age'); i was about 26 and i think she was 5 or 6 or so. I no longer have anything to do with that family, but that in particular stuck in my head & i thought it was very interesting

Has the case of Jennifer and Gillian Pollock been discussed?
Two British girls were killed in an auto accident in 1957, when one was 11 and the other girl was 6 years old.
The following year, the mother gave birth to twin girls, Jennifer and Gillian, who appeared to remember their lives as the dead sisters.

1656429666210.png

Was anything ever decided on that case as the twins got older?

Has the case of Jennifer and Gillian Pollock been discussed?
Two British girls were killed in an auto accident in 1957, when one was 11 and the other girl was 6 years old.
The following year, the mother gave birth to twin girls, Jennifer and Gillian, who appeared to remember their lives as the dead sisters.

View attachment 56594

Was anything ever decided on that case as the twins got older?
I would always be wary of anything where reincarnation was 'in family', because it is IMPOSSIBLE that nobody in the family wouldn't have talked to the twins about their two deceased sisters, maybe from a very early age. So knowledge of 'what happened before' could seep into their consciousnesses even without their being aware of it.

I would always be wary of anything where reincarnation was 'in family', because it is IMPOSSIBLE that nobody in the family wouldn't have talked to the twins about their two deceased sisters, maybe from a very early age. So knowledge of 'what happened before' could seep into their consciousnesses even without their being aware of it.
Especially if the parents gave them the same names. This was common in the past as most family historians will tell you when if a child died the parents used the same name for the next child of the same sex, but isn't as prevalent later on (1900s onwards?) Seems unusual for the 1950s.

Especially if the parents gave them the same names. This was common in the past as most family historians will tell you when if a child died the parents used the same name for the next child of the same sex, but isn't as prevalent later on (1900s onwards?) Seems unusual for the 1950s.
And behaviour like this (giving children the name of deceased siblings) is also an indicator that the parents haven't got over their loss (if one could ever be said to 'get over' a loss like this), and are hanging on to memories. Which means that the likelihood of discussion of the previous siblings is very very high. Also the desire of the twins to win parental approval, because nobody is going to tell me that the twins talking about their sisters isn't going to get them a LOT of positive attention.

I often listen to audiobooks on Youtube at bedtime. They often have a Fortean theme.

Stumbled across this one recently. It's alleged to be a set of transcripts of interviews with hypnotised subjects who describe their existence between their Earthly lives.

It's all there - group incarnations, parallel existence, Guides, even another planet for incarnations. While there's no overall religious belief mentioned, there is casual mention of minor gods.

Journey of Souls

Well worth a listen if only for the utter, earnest battiness.
I read the books, I was not convinced it got all rather silly and became quite cult like, to prove the point I left a negative review on Amazon and was slated left right and center

Back