• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Reincarnation (The Phenomenon; The Process; Theories)

(...)

I am in space looking down on Earth. Glorious cloud covered blue ball with the sun in a position where part of the earth was going into darkness. Beside me, on my right a vague figure which I took to be a benevolent guardian or mentor encouraged me to look closely. ‘You have to choose’, this figure said as little flashes of light pinged off in various locations across the globe. ‘These are all the lives available to you. Before you choose, you can see what that life will be’. I chose a pinprick of light and saw all that would be. I’d didn’t like that and a light flashed in the UK. I asked to be shown that and said ‘I’d like that one’. So I chose all this I’m going through now and it’s part of the whole learning process.

The funny thing is, a lot of people out there are saying the same thing.

Fascinating ! Did you know the Greek philosopher Plato described something similar in his "myth of Er", in The Republic ?

Here it goes : Er the Pamphylian was a soldier. He got killed in a war, but a few days or weeks after this traumatic death, he was revived. When he woke up, he told his surprised friends that he had traveled through a desert for a long time, until reaching the Lethe, a river with temptingly fresh waters. Most dead souls ran toward the water in the hope to quench their thirst. However, when they drank, they instantly forgot their past life. After this, they were led to a place where they were allowed to choose their next incarnation. Er said he saw the hero Odysseus / Ulysses be presented with two choices : he could either return to our world as a king or as a shepherd. As he was among those who had resisted the urge to drink the waters of the Lethe, pondering about his unfortunate experiences as a wandering warrior king, Odysseus choose to be reborn as a simple shepherd.

Of course, this is a myth, but your experience does relate to it as you had the choice.

In many Asian reincarnation theories, one is rarely free to consciously choose. One's future incarnation is conditioned by past "karma", as kesavaross explained.

Well, they can "choose", but their choice will still be conditioned. For instance, in some buddhist cults, people believe that the dead will wander through an "in-between" (the "bardo") and witness illusions actually coming from their own mind. Under the influence of these scary or delightful visions, they will choose a new womb. Let's say if in their last life they were completely dominated by bestial instincts, they will envision the womb of an animal as a beautiful palace, and run into it. Only those who are enlightened enough can really choose freely. And the best do not reincarnate at all. At least, that's the point of view of these religions.

Amongst many other examples, so do some choose to be alcoholics, or heroin addicts or blown up in some war, or shot or for women, raped?

Reincarnation must include some type of pay back for previous lives actions both good and bad which we are unaware in this this life. In other words, karma.

As an example, what would a paedophile be reincarnated as and then suffer? Horrible though it may read, maybe the same as they had done to others in previous lives but are unaware of having done that in previous lives, in this life?

Reincarnation and karma is the only thing that explains suffering of seemingly, what we would call, innocent people in this world.
If it is a ride where we choose what experiences we will have, there is no "payback". It is an experience, we are eternal and being blown up by a bomb is an experience, just like giving birth, riding a horse, dying of cancer, what ever, all emotions are part of it as well. It adds to the richness of the universe that we are part of. Fear of death is taught, like death being the end of us, or any religious beliefs, taught as part of the experience of being a human on planet earth.

same can be said of other faiths . millions have died in the faiths of islam , hinduism , buddhism , etc , etc ....... jesus says in john 14:2 " in my father's house are many mansion's : if it were not so , i would have told you . i go to prepare a place for you " . some people have claimed that it's a verse that proves god accepts people of all religions , if so ..... why would jesus then proclaim " i am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me " . i personally believe that the only way to eternal life is through jesus christ & none other .
@bob61 was SPOT ON with this ^^^

Jesus , the son of God says

Hebrews 9:27 : " and as it is appointed unto men to ONCE die , but after this the judgment " .

reincarnation is a demonic lie , you get one-go around in life & that's it ..... no IF's , AND's or BUT's

Jesus , the son of God says

Hebrews 9:27 : " and as it is appointed unto men to ONCE die , but after this the judgment " .

reincarnation is a demonic lie , you get one-go around in life & that's it ..... no IF's , AND's or BUT's
The resulting discussion has now been split off into a dedicated thread: Religious Beliefs About Reincarnation / Resurrection.

This one can stay on mainstream reincarnation. So to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
A strange postscript regarding Mr. R and myself -
We both grew up in the same small town, he at one end of town and me at the other end, we each attended different grammar schools.
When we were 12 years old, the children from both schools merged to attend one junior high school. But I did not meet Mr. R there, he transferred out to a trade school.
When I was about 15, I remember hearing a few of the girls in my class discussing a boy I had never heard of, and when they said his name I immediately said to myself, "I'm going to meet him and go out with him". Turned out they were talking about the future Mr. R.
Years later, my parents were moving to Florida and cleaning out their attic and came across a school class photo they gave me - it was a photo I don't even remember of both classes merged together when we were 12. I was in the middle of the group, and there was Mr. R in the front row of boys!
To make things even stranger, I was going out with a few different guys before I met him, nobody serious, and went with one of them to a local carnival, where there was a 'fortuneteller', which I am always drawn to. This woman looked at my palm, and then read my tarot cards. She saw there was a man waiting on the side, and asked me why I was with a 'blonde man'. I was surprised, she said there was a man with black hair around me, I told her I didn't know anyone with black hair. She looked into my palm again and said his initial was 'T', and I would be seeing him soon.
Sure enough, Mr. R appeared after that and his name does start with a 'T', and he did have black hair.
She was a real psychic.

That nice Irving Finkel in his book ‘The First Ghosts’ talks about a very ancient belief that the dead went to the underworld for only a time, and then they had to leave to be reborn. Can’t remember if it was Sumerian or Babylonian. They didn’t seem to remember their previous lives though, it just sounds like recycling of souls. So it’s been around as an idea for quite a long time. Presumably this fed into the Greek tales.

That nice Irving Finkel in his book ‘The First Ghosts’ talks about a very ancient belief that the dead went to the underworld for only a time, and then they had to leave to be reborn. Can’t remember if it was Sumerian or Babylonian. They didn’t seem to remember their previous lives though, it just sounds like recycling of souls. So it’s been around as an idea for quite a long time. Presumably this fed into the Greek tales.
Sounds very much like the movie 'The Seventh Sign' with Demi Moore - Moore's character sacrificed her life to fill the 'Hall of Souls', to ensure humanity would continue. She played a woman who was a reincarnation from Jesus' time, and Jesus appears because the Biblical Apocalypse seems to be occurring.
Interesting movie from 1988.

Interesting I’d not heard of this before but it is the Daily Star.
There was the case of the Scottish 'Barra boy' who was convinced he had a previous life with a different mother on the Scottish island of Barra. Same sort of age. The whole thing played out with the media involved but Barra is an unusual island in that the vital air link is a small plane landing on the sandy beach. I just feel this is exactly the sort of place a Scottish children's tv show would feature and show the life of a family on this unique island, a show the young boy had probably sat and watched. But parents want their little ones to be special...

There was the case of the Scottish 'Barra boy' who was convinced he had a previous life with a different mother on the Scottish island of Barra. Same sort of age. The whole thing played out with the media involved ...

This would be the Cameron Macaulay case, the subject of a 2006 Extraordinary People episode:

The Boy Who Lived Before (Cameron Macaulay; Barra)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-boy-who-lived-before-cameron-macaulay-barra.27748/

We‘ve all heard about NDEs but I’ve noticed that dotted around the internet are an increasing number of accounts of PBE - Pre-Birth Experience.

This subject has a particular relevance for me and I’ve mentioned somewhere among these threads my own experience of this. For the sake of the new starters I’ll bore you again…

This is one of my first childhood memories and I mean memory as opposed to a dream. Over the years, it’s floated, drifted away and then resurfaced to the front of my mind as if I’ve subconsciously told myself never to forget this crucial event in my ‘life’.
It’s worth mentioning that my first recollection comes around the age of 3 or 4. We only had a black and white television and I didn’t make my first visit to the cinema until some years later. The imagery I remember in vivid colour.

I am in space looking down on Earth. Glorious cloud covered blue ball with the sun in a position where part of the earth was going into darkness. Beside me, on my right a vague figure which I took to be a benevolent guardian or mentor encouraged me to look closely. ‘You have to choose’, this figure said as little flashes of light pinged off in various locations across the globe. ‘These are all the lives available to you. Before you choose, you can see what that life will be’. I chose a pinprick of light and saw all that would be. I’d didn’t like that and a light flashed in the UK. I asked to be shown that and said ‘I’d like that one’. So I chose all this I’m going through now and it’s part of the whole learning process.

Sorry for going back to this old posted which I just read but I wonder if the Guardian or Mentor telling the spirit are Grey's/Aliens who feed of the negative emotions of what we call Earth as why would you HAVE TO CHOOSE.
Feel free to delate or move my post if it's in the wrong thread.

We‘ve all heard about NDEs but I’ve noticed that dotted around the internet are an increasing number of accounts of PBE - Pre-Birth Experience.

This subject has a particular relevance for me and I’ve mentioned somewhere among these threads my own experience of this. For the sake of the new starters I’ll bore you again…

This is one of my first childhood memories and I mean memory as opposed to a dream. Over the years, it’s floated, drifted away and then resurfaced to the front of my mind as if I’ve subconsciously told myself never to forget this crucial event in my ‘life’.
It’s worth mentioning that my first recollection comes around the age of 3 or 4. We only had a black and white television and I didn’t make my first visit to the cinema until some years later. The imagery I remember in vivid colour.

Many scources say we have a choice and that we even choose who our parents will be. Do you have any recollection of what the lives you turned down would have been like?

According to Vedic scripture (which most people associate with Hinduism) it's not that in effect choose either these parents or those parents, it's rather that our actions in this life determine who our parents will be in the next human birth.

We choose our parents for our next human birth by how we live in this life.

A strange postscript regarding Mr. R and myself -
We both grew up in the same small town, he at one end of town and me at the other end, we each attended different grammar schools.
When we were 12 years old, the children from both schools merged to attend one junior high school. But I did not meet Mr. R there, he transferred out to a trade school.
When I was about 15, I remember hearing a few of the girls in my class discussing a boy I had never heard of, and when they said his name I immediately said to myself, "I'm going to meet him and go out with him". Turned out they were talking about the future Mr. R.
Years later, my parents were moving to Florida and cleaning out their attic and came across a school class photo they gave me - it was a photo I don't even remember of both classes merged together when we were 12. I was in the middle of the group, and there was Mr. R in the front row of boys!
To make things even stranger, I was going out with a few different guys before I met him, nobody serious, and went with one of them to a local carnival, where there was a 'fortuneteller', which I am always drawn to. This woman looked at my palm, and then read my tarot cards. She saw there was a man waiting on the side, and asked me why I was with a 'blonde man'. I was surprised, she said there was a man with black hair around me, I told her I didn't know anyone with black hair. She looked into my palm again and said his initial was 'T', and I would be seeing him soon.
Sure enough, Mr. R appeared after that and his name does start with a 'T', and he did have black hair.
She was a real psychic.

Some of this reminds me of my parents. They went to the same secondary school together (a couple of school years apart). Despite the fact that my mother knew one of his close friends reasonably well, she doesn't remember him at all from that time, and he didn't remember her. Years later, one of her friends used to go on and on at her about how there was a 'lovely lad' that she would regularly see on a bus. She even dragged her to the bus stop a couple of times to see him, but to no avail. Years later they worked out it was my dad! When my parents eventually met each other it was pretty much instant attraction, and they were engaged within a few months. We've speculated whether it was a matter of them meeting each other at the 'right time'.

Some of this reminds me of my parents. They went to the same secondary school together (a couple of school years apart). Despite the fact that my mother knew one of his close friends reasonably well, she doesn't remember him at all from that time, and he didn't remember her. Years later, one of her friends used to go on and on at her about how there was a 'lovely lad' that she would regularly see on a bus. She even dragged her to the bus stop a couple of times to see him, but to no avail. Years later they worked out it was my dad! When my parents eventually met each other it was pretty much instant attraction, and they were engaged within a few months. We've speculated whether it was a matter of them meeting each other at the 'right time'.
It's almost as if the universe is trying to throw these two people together, and it doesn't happen.
Then suddenly, wham.
I've always been sorry that we didn't get together when very young, because at that point perhaps my body might have held onto a few pregnancies easily.
But Fate, or the Universe, has its own plan, and timetable.

A new claim of reincarnation:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/19/i-was-killed-and-now-im-reincarnated-and-i-can-prove-it/

The African American woman this white American boy was allegedly reincarnated from died in a a famous, tragic fire. Personally, I can't see any actual proof. Much more likely another child who has been left in front of a tv and confused a documentary or a film about the fire and its victims for a memory.

Interesting to see that claims of reincarnation are now in chime with a raised awareness of equality and diversity...

This next case is has more meat on the bone and therefore much more intriguing:

"Once there was a boy in Norfolk, England, who boasted the quintessentially English name of “James Arthur Flowerdew.” His was a perfectly normal early 20th century childhood, until he reached the age of 12, when some odd and unsettling things began happening to him. He began having unusually vivid dreams where he saw a large desert city. These visions left him greatly agitated, although he could not understand why. As his dreams of this mysterious city went on, they became increasingly detailed. He saw a temple, a large volcano-shaped rock, streets, lanes, and various military and civilian structures. So clear were Flowerdew’s tours of the city, he became convinced he was actually there."

Read on:

https://strangeco.blogspot.com/2022/10/james-arthur-flowerdew-man-from-petra.html

Last edited:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/19/i-was-killed-and-now-im-reincarnated-and-i-can-prove-it/

The African American woman this white American boy was allegedly reincarnated from died in a a famous, tragic fire. Personally, I can't see any actual proof. Much more likely another child who has been left in front of a tv and confused a documentary or a film about the fire and its victims for a memory.

Interesting to see that claims of reincarnation are now in chime with a raised awareness of equality and diversity...

"Once there was a boy in Norfolk, England, who boasted the quintessentially English name of “James Arthur Flowerdew.” His was a perfectly normal early 20th century childhood, until he reached the age of 12, when some odd and unsettling things began happening to him. He began having unusually vivid dreams where he saw a large desert city. These visions left him greatly agitated, although he could not understand why. As his dreams of this mysterious city went on, they became increasingly detailed. He saw a temple, a large volcano-shaped rock, streets, lanes, and various military and civilian structures. So clear were Flowerdew’s tours of the city, he became convinced he was actually there."

Read on:

https://strangeco.blogspot.com/2022/10/james-arthur-flowerdew-man-from-petra.html
There is a long history of reincarnation recollections of past lives with very different social statuses, sexes, racial and ethnic groups. The best book I have read, by far, on this is “Exploring Reincarnation,” by Hans TenDam. Getting my minor quibble out of the way: it is a long and sometimes difficult read, as the author’s English seems to degrade about page 220 and the book then goes on for another 200 pages.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/past-life-regression.1705/page-3#post-2096119

Read on:

One day, the now-elderly retired Army officer

and then

And there was nothing to indicate that this relatively uneducated old man was lying

Now I am not saying all Army Officers are highly educated however given his age etc, I suspect he was better educated than the average man or woman of the time

Intriguing story nonetheless would like to see a longer write up of the case

That kind of sounds like what happens, there is also this conundrum of their being more people than souls, I guess souls can be created or split off, or there really is progression from animal to human

That kind of sounds like what happens, there is also this conundrum of their being more people than souls, I guess souls can be created or split off, or there really is progression from animal to human
This is only a problem if time is linear; if after-life existence is outside of time (as sometimes hinted) then it ceases to be a problem, the same soul comes back into a different body somewhere else.

I have not read the Irving Finkel book, but in Jewish belief, souls are sent to Hell (Gehinnom) to be rehabilitated, then can be reborn into this world.
Some very evil souls are sent for "life sentences" though.

@Robbrent wrote:

"That kind of sounds like what happens, there is also this conundrum of their being more people than souls, I guess souls can be created or split off, or there really is progression from animal to human."

In Jewish belief, different parts of a "main" Soul can be split between different people who are simultaneously alive.

Back