Reincarnation

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Someone close to me died suddenly some years ago, causing me, my family and our friends huge grief. A couple of years ago I had a very vivid dream about him.

He walked in, looking well; seemed to be about the age'd he'd be then, rather than his age when he died.

I greeted him warmly and asked if he was staying. He didn't speak but smiled and I felt he would like to stay but couldn't.

I said, 'So if you can't stay now, can you come back? As a baby? You could do that, couldn't you?'

He indicated a screen, like a TV or computer, which was showing a very simple black and white line-animation of a pond. There was a waterlily on it.

A fish swam across the pond and a small animal jumped in, like a frog or newt. I saw the ripples and heard 'The next baby born into the family will be me.'

I thought, 'I'm dreaming this but it's OK!' and drifted happily awake.

The lily pond reminded me of a nephew who has a child called Lily. He has several sons too, and I thought his family was probably complete.

Wrong! His wife must have conceived around the time I had the dream. They are wonderful parents and their latest son has now just turned one.

I haven't met him yet. When I do, maybe he'll recognise me. Just thinking he's come back is a comfort even if it IS woo rubbish. Who knows anyway?

In the various Heathen religions there's a belief in reincarnation in the family line

escargot

Beloved of Ra
In the various Heathen religions there's a belief in reincarnation in the family line
Not just Heathens. I've known perfectly conventional Protestants who've believed that.

My old dear's former boss Margaret lost a son in a road accident, aged about 5. When her daughter grew up and had a son of her own some psychic told her that this boy was actually her late son reborn. She completely believed it.

As I say, who knows?

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Not just Heathens. I've known perfectly conventional Protestants who've believed that.

My old dear's former boss Margaret lost a son in a road accident, aged about 5. When her daughter grew up and had a son of her own some psychic told her that this boy was actually her late son reborn. She completely believed it.

As I say, who knows?
Ah I didn't know that! Funny how the belief has been around for millennia and across different religions

Several years ago when my boyfriend's niece was little, she was playing with some toys and out of the blue looked at me and said 'when i was your age, i used to take him to school and then go to work' (gesturing to her mother's then husband). It startled me and i asked where she worked & she said matter of fact 'the post office', and then she was off & playing with some other toy. Her use of the past tense through me off ('when i was your age'); i was about 26 and i think she was 5 or 6 or so. I no longer have anything to do with that family, but that in particular stuck in my head & i thought it was very interesting