• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Remaining Neanderthals

"I reckon it is probably scientifically correct. I've mooted this idea a few times"

Consider this recent photo of an aboriginal girl:

aboriginal girl.jpg

and compare it with this meticulous reconstruction of a Neanderthal boy:

Neanderthal_Boy.jpg

Apart from the different skin tone, they could almost be brother and sister!

The girl and the woman - possibly her mother, have the huge brow ridges, prognathous jaws and receding chin which shows they are pure Australian aborigines. As a people, they are not doing very well - overall population decreased enormously (some estimates put it at 90%) since British colonisation started back in the 1700s. Aboriginal life expectancy is some 17 years less than that of the white population and they are still largely marginalised in societyand discriminated against. There was even a deliberate and disgusting policy to "breed out" the aboriginal race in Australia between the 30's and 60's. Don't know about you, but this strikes me as an eerie parallel to the decline and ultimate absorption of homo neanderthalensis. Were the Cro-Magnon the first racists?

The larger yeti, yeren and sasquatch have more hair than the almasty but generaly shorter head hear.

A tandem (or at least resonant) proposition to the concept of latter-day survival of isolated breeding colonies of Neanderthals being archetyped by co-contemporary homo sapiens as being the supernatural trolls/goblins/ bogeyman of myth, is the universal paleosociatal monster/dragon meme, and it's close cousin, the dinosaur.

Conventional evolutionary timelines insist that lineal separations of millennia separate 'modern' man from all viable species of living dinosaurs, but surely the widespread instances of prehistoric and tribal artworks, and even the collective primal fear thereof itself, points to some possible degree of overlapping existence. I am meaning at a level perhaps less tangible than saying that depictions of dragons and griffins were actually misrepresentations of group oral historical recollection of living dinosaurs, but I feel especially since these early pre- medieval representations existed long before the science of paleontology was even vaguely considered, there is some degree of tenuous corroboration (even just via the universality and pervasiveness of such legends and fears)

The golem, the bigfoot/sasquatch, the dark lumbering shadowman of collective myth, was there long before the first paleoanthropologist scraped their first fossilised bone from the dirt. Arguable linkage through seperacy of conceptualisation and discovery: or, just false similarity via observation and conflation?

Non-avian dinosaurs vanished 65 million years before modern man but other giant reptiles overlapped with humans. Some of them may still be around today.

Back