• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Interesting that even Senator John McCain was unable to obtain all the medical records.

American citizens have long operated under the delusion that elected Congressional representatives have magical powers enabling them to override laws and regulations. This delusion is fostered by those representatives themselves, whose power is actually limited to sending a form letter to whichever government agency may play a role in the constituent's complaint. This serves as an indirect prompt to contact the constituent and attempt to help him / her via normal channels and procedures. That's it; that's all ...

With a 50 / 50 chance of being (erroneously) affiliated with some form of progress on the matter at issue, the representative's prospective payoff is the appearance of having helped - i.e., good PR. The typical down side to this charade is no worse than "I tried - sorry."

The simple fact is that a Senator has no more legal power to obtain a citizen's medical records than anyone else (i.e., none at all).

I'm familiar with this vacuous PR game from years spent as a public contact rep for a federal agency.

In most cases, this constitutes a relatively harmless game cynically exploited by officials for PR. In some cases, though, it can materially disadvantage the constituent.

I've had to work through multiple incidents where the official's illusory intervention (usually combined with the complainant's overestimation of that gambit's legal effectiveness) resulted in disadvantage or delay. The worst case scenarios involved irrevocable loss of entitlement rights. In those cases I never passed up the opportunity to formally specify and clearly explain (a) how the complainant had screwed him- / herself by trying to circumvent due process via appeal to an authority who never had any special authority to begin with and (b) the official's specific mistake(s) - up to and including outright inaction - that caused such negative outcomes.

Thanks for clarifying that, EnolaGaia.

Rendlesham Forest UFO sighting 'new evidence' claim

New evidence has been gathered to back up claims a UFO landed near a US airbase in Suffolk, a former deputy commander has claimed.
Col Charles Halt told the BBC he saw unidentified objects at Rendlesham Forest in December 1980.
He says he now has statements from radar operators at RAF Bentwaters and nearby Wattisham airfield that an unknown object was tracked at the time.
Col Halt claimed it was seen by himself and base security staff.
The 75-year-old, who was deputy commander at the Bentwaters base and now lives in the US state of Virginia, said some former service people had not wanted to speak until they retired but had now provided written statements to him.

The Ministry of Defence told the BBC it no longer deals with reports of UFOs.

"I have confirmation that (Bentwaters radar operators)... saw the object go across their 60 mile (96km) scope in two or three seconds, thousands of miles an hour, he came back across their scope again, stopped near the water tower, they watched it and observed it go into the forest where we were," said Col Halt.
"At Wattisham, they picked up what they called a 'bogie' and lost it near Rendlesham Forest.
"Whatever was there was clearly under intelligent control."

UFO researcher John Hanson said he found Col Halt to be a reliable witness and there had been a "concerted effort to hide the truth".
He said the evidence of the UFO being picked up by radar seriously undermined the suggestion by the government at the time that the reported phenomena was due to witnesses seeing the light from Orfordness lighthouse and misinterpreting what they saw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-33447592

Pics, etc, on page.

The evidence keeps coming out, but it seems to change nothing.

The evidence keeps coming out, but it seems to change nothing.

The more "evidence" there is, the more confusion it brings. Like Roswell, this has so many twists it's impossible to follow the whole thing to make a clear narrative of what actually happened. Just like too many big UFO cases, sadly.

The more "evidence" there is, the more confusion it brings. Like Roswell, this has so many twists it's impossible to follow the whole thing to make a clear narrative of what actually happened. Just like too many big UFO cases, sadly.
Whenever the military are involved, secrecy and cover-ups are par for the course. Bentwaters was a nuclear armed air base, and if people were tight-lipped about stuff there, it was more because they didn't want to reveal military secrets, and suffer possible professional criticism (or worse) as a result.

I've previously posted an R.I.P. post to a 43 year old man based in Cromer called Christian Nash .. I got to know Christian for a short while, he was heavily intrigued in Rendelsham Forest, sincere enough in his beliefs and frequently tried me to talk me into visiting the forest (just me and him) a few times .. Christian was convinced that he'd brought a demon back from the forest with him and would show us (a few of us on our street) pictures on his phone to prove his point. Christian died within this month, probably driving back from the forest knowing him, his car hit a tree and passing police were unable to resuscitate him at 1:30 am on a Monday morning .. about the same time he would always be driving home had he gone to Rendelsham .. I'll never know .. his funeral was about a week ago in North Hampton apparently.

Before his death he was convinced people were following him, Brenda Butler, although 'passing the torch on' to Christian told him to stop visiting Rendelsham on his own .. Christian told me that personally.

Whatever the truth was behind Christian Nash's demise (he didn't drink, take drugs or even smoke cigarettes) , I've been told today that the current Rendelsham crew (including Brenda Butler) will be holding an unofficial memorium at the forest soon for Christian and that details of this small gathering will be held there .. I'm not on facebook but the details for anyone who is are apparently up already through Christian's facebook account name .. Chris Nash ..

Chris Nash.jpg

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/photo_g...s_ufo_watchgroup_poses_new_question_1_3701328

Last edited:
The thing about Christian Nash ? (and I'll never get to the end of this) .. we can write him off as a man with mental health problems .. we could also manipulate or accurately pin him down as someone who was open (to me at least, the police were also aware) that he was 'stalking his ex girl friend, the mother of his daughter only for access to his daughter .. he wasn't dangerous, he'd been to court but seemed to not be able to let go of his 'secret squirrel' approach to seeing his daughter .. he was basically also a 'Fathers For Justice' poster boy .. I tried to talk him out of his approach : "Mate... the law is completely biased against men seeing their own kids, you're not going to win until she's 18 and can decide for herself" ..

He wasn't Michael Myers or anything, he just wanted to have access rights to his daughter ..

.... the whole demon thing was weird .... one of my best mates is from Sri Lanka, a full on Christian religiously speaking with pastor friends so I introduced them to each other with "I'm looking for Angels but he's searching for Demons" ... we both told him that either this angels and demons stuff is all bullshit or it's all true so if you believe in one, you have to believe in the other ...

My Mrs isn't superstitious at all but after she heard how it was all unfolding she half laughed and said "Well maybe the demons found him?" .. I'm not superstititious either, I reckon people can just panic if they're paranoid, lose control if they're driving a car and that's what happened to Christian .. probably someone was just being impatient and driving too closely behind him on the return visit ..

Yes, we assume it was his fault, but like you say, there could have been someone else there, they would have drove off

I am sorry about your friend Swifty :(

Why did he believe it was demons? I thought it was UFO related there

I'm not superstititious either, I reckon people can just panic if they're paranoid, lose control if they're driving a car and that's what happened to Christian .. probably someone was just being impatient and driving too closely behind him on the return visit ..
Demons don't have to be involved if someone is easily distracted or encounters a tosser driving dangerously.
As for MIB (if that is a viable scenario), I think that's mostly a US phenomenon.
Whatever happened, it's sad.

Demons don't have to be involved if someone is easily distracted or encounters a tosser driving dangerously.
As for MIB (if that is a viable scenario), I think that's mostly a US phenomenon.
Whatever happened, it's sad.
I agree with the whatever happened factor .. the one and only time I was a passenger in his car I had to ask him to pull over because he was concerned that a car was following him and he was driving too quickly .. obviously not exactly proof of M.I.B.'s ... he was relevant in the current Rendelsham 'scene' is all I can say .. it is sad mate, yes and thanks.

Yes, we assume it was his fault, but like you say, there could have been someone else there, they would have drove off

I am sorry about your friend Swifty :(

Why did he believe it was demons? I thought it was UFO related there
So did I .. the current wave of 'foresters' (for want of a better description) are in thrall of Brenda Butler and are aware that she was keen on investigating weird lights seen in the forest even before the famous military reported UFO stuff .. she was hot on the scene during those years but the current crew are leaning more towards the lights being supernatural instead ..

I have always wondered about the light house, I have never been near the one in question
but all the ones near here that are built on shore are shaded so they don't shine inland,
so can you or could you ever see the light from the forest?

This is discussed upthread. The light could be seen, but it wasn't shining directly inland so it wasn't very bright. However Holt's party had a night vision device (a starscope), which could have amplified a number of different lights into weird-looking phenomena. I'm fairly sure they saw several different lights, and misinterpreted many of them, partly because of the starscope.

Interesting to read that Peter Robbins has now publicly criticised and distanced himself from Larry Warren -

http://sacha-christie-infomaniachou...2/peter-robbins-splits-with-larry-warren.html

I'm not suprised and it's to no credit to Robbins that it took him so long. Warren has always been the weakest link in the whole Rendlesham affair. To the point that it's always seemed a strong possiblity that his role has been to plant disinformation and discredit witness accounts.

I'm fascinated by Rendlesham. I've read and heard most of the literature on it and discussed it endlessly with others equally as interested. I don't think aliens were involved. I think it was an experiment of sorts. It's a very troublesome incident and a bit of a rabbit warren (excuse the pun). Endlessly fascinating. I'm not sure the truth will ever come out now.

Thanks for that, there's a river used for navigation behind the light so maybe thats why it
is exposed inland.

Thanks for that, there's a river used for navigation behind the light so maybe thats why it
is exposed inland.

Odd one isn't it. I don't think that's the reason but must be something along those lines. Rynner would know...

I don't think aliens were involved. I think it was an experiment of sorts. It's a very troublesome incident and a bit of a rabbit warren (excuse the pun). Endlessly fascinating. I'm not sure the truth will ever come out now.
Which aspects of this event need to be explained by an 'experiment' rather than mere misinterpretation of fairly mundane phenomena?

Which aspects of this event need to be explained by an 'experiment' rather than mere misinterpretation of fairly mundane phenomena?

For me, the stimuli may well have been totally mundane phenomena. It's the witnesses' perceptions of them and their reactions to them that single it out as odd. Also, young servicemen were deliberately ordered to go and witness this very possibly mundane phenomena which then, according to witnesses, behaved very strangely- again, odd.

To put it bluntly I guess it wouldn't be an outlandish assumption to make that intelligent, trained security personnel would deal with mundane phenomena in a pretty mundane way. This certainly didn't happen that night. Instead- they behaved very strangely. That, for me, is the story.

Disclaimer - I don't have any answers.

Last edited:
One piece of information I can't find at the moment is whether Penniston or Burroughs accompanied Halt on the second night - when they made the recording. If they didn't, I wonder how Halt knew where to go; if they did, I wonder why Halt doesn't ever seem to talk to them on the tape. Chris Armold (who was with Burroughs on the first night) does seem to have accompanied Halt, but he didn't seem to have seen much of interest on either night.

One piece of information I can't find at the moment is whether Penniston or Burroughs accompanied Halt on the second night - when they made the recording. If they didn't, I wonder how Halt knew where to go; if they did, I wonder why Halt doesn't ever seem to talk to them on the tape. Chris Armold (who was with Burroughs on the first night) does seem to have accompanied Halt, but he didn't seem to have seen much of interest on either night.

One of the very, very odd things concerning that night was Halt. What he was up to then and what he's been up to since, regarding the incident. A very fishy character whose actions bring forth so many questions.

If you go to the location - the area Halt was investigating on the second night is a different place to where the "craft" was seen on the first night. From memory, Burroughs was about on the second night but not actually with Halt nor on duty. One of the many odd things that makes me think mind-altering things were going on is this total lack of coherence about who was where, with whom and why from all the witnesses. Very much reminds me of people after a drink or drug-addled night trying to piece it together again.

A friend of mine and I still like to quote "Very strange!" from The Halt Tape, when appropriate.

What an interesting thread. I'm with @CostalJames I think, 'We'll never know'. We do know 'something happened' but that's about it.

That it was a mistake by an alien race that has the technology to cross the relativistic expanses of space and to keep off the early warning radar system (which was still keeping a close watch in the early '80's) seems pretty thin on the face of it.

Late cold war high jinks I'd say, if anything at all.

We do know 'something happened' but that's about it.

Yup.

You mention Cold War which is important. I used to think Rendlesham was a minor backwater airbase. It wasn't. One of the biggest, and most heavily armed in Europe. Nuclear-armed? Possibly. But home to some serious, serious equipment and personnel.

Last edited:
One of the many odd things that makes me think mind-altering things were going on is this total lack of coherence about who was where, with whom and why from all the witnesses. Very much reminds me of people after a drink or drug-addled night trying to piece it together again.
It was Christmas, after all.

It was Christmas, after all.

Which is a possibility.

Which suggest some worrying things about boozed and drugged-up 18 year olds guarding one of the biggest nuclear arsenals in Europe at the time.

Interestingly- there was a military police drug bust on the camp a year prior to the incident.

These were trained military personal used to the area must have been doing a duty they had done
many times before, used to seeing military aircraft under all conditions, they saw something that
worried them enough to leave their base and call out their senior officer, something was tracked on
radar, I do not think they mistook a lighthouse for a UFO I think they saw something unusual something
the authorities would rather the public did not know about, what I don't have a clue.

I prefer the boozed and/or drugged-up 18 year-olds theory meself. If it wasn't the witnesses on the pop it was the hoaxers in the woods.

These were trained military personal used to the area must have been doing a duty they had done
many times before, used to seeing military aircraft under all conditions, they saw something that
worried them enough to leave their base and call out their senior officer, something was tracked on
radar, I do not think they mistook a lighthouse for a UFO I think they saw something unusual something
the authorities would rather the public did not know about, what I don't have a clue.

Well put.

I prefer the boozed and/or drugged-up 18 year-olds theory meself. If it wasn't the witnesses on the pop it was the hoaxers in the woods.

Well put.

However - the only thing people had to gain by hoaxing, or even talking about what they thought happened, was losing their jobs and lucrative military pensions. Even more so Halt. Who was a General at the time. Not 18 and with everything to lose.

Back