• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The Rendlesham Forest incident was just Satan & his cohorts trying to fool humankind that we are being visited by aliens (see my post UFO Origin & the End Times) they are supernatural not extraterrestrial.
You would have got on with Christian Nash who lived near me and posted here but has since sadly died in a car accident on the way back from Rendlesham (although he was paranoid and drove like a loon anyway) .. he was convinced the place was demonic and showed me pics on his phone to back that up although I wasn't convinced ..

The Rendlesham Forest incident was just Satan & his cohorts trying to fool humankind that we are being visited by aliens (see my post UFO Origin & the End Times) they are supernatural not extraterrestrial.

You seem to know. How do you know?

My brother very kindly bought me this last week -

HALT.jpg

Not started it yet.

A random picture posted on Facebook, not supposed to be anything other than a pretty picture, that immediately made me think of Rendlesham.

Attachments

• glow.jpg
    glow.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 20
I have just bought the film The Rendlesham UFO Incident, I will watch it in a bit, anyone else seen it?

^ From the wiki:
Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 14% of seven surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 3.7/10.[3] Metacritic rated it 28/100 based on five reviews.[4] Kim Newman of Empire rated it 2/5 stars and wrote, "It has a few okay chills but treads a too familiar path."[5] Tom Huddleston of Time Out London rated it 2/5 stars and wrote, "But overall this is dull, derivative, murky stuff, full of running and shouting but never really going anywhere."[6] Frank Scheck of The Hollywood Reporter wrote that it "misses nary a single cliché in its visually disorienting and narratively confusing proceedings".[7] Film Journal International wrote that it "breaks no new ground but delivers some creepy moments".[8] Jeannette Catsoulis of The New York Times wrote it "struggles to build a science-fiction movie from little more than a ghost of an idea and an infamous location".[9] Alan Scherstuhl of The Village Voice wrote that the climax "is legitimately creepy and impressive once it finally comes", but criticised the film's use of the found footage gimmick, which he called ridiculous.[10] Describing the film's similarity to The Blair Witch Project, Drew Hunt of Slant Magazine rated it 1.5/4 stars and wrote, "it's easy to see how Simpson's desire to return the found-footage genre to its roots resulted in cheap imitation".[11] Matt Donato of We Got This Covered rated it 1.5/5 stars and wrote, "Hangar 10 is a horrifying endeavor for found footage fans and alien enthusiasts alike, but for all the wrong reasons."[12] Matt Boiselle of Dread Central rated it 1.5/5 stars and wrote that the UFO visuals were the only good part.[13]

Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Rendlesham Forest UFO 'landing' was a prank SAS tricksters played on US Airmen, insiders claim:

...it has now been claimed that the extraterrestrial sighting was a hoax, played on the US air force by the SAS in revenge for capturing a squad and subjecting them to a brutal interrogation.

The SAS were said to have regularly tested US security by probing the perimeters of RAF Woodbridge in the English county, which allegedly stored Nuclear warheads and was believed to be a key target for Soviet agents.

But when an SAS troop parachuted into the complex one night in August 1980 they were unaware the guards had upgraded the radar system.

Their black parachutes were immediately detected and the British were hauled off for questioning.

They claimed they were beaten up by their captors who refused to believe who they were and repeatedly referred to as ‘unidentified aliens’, before being released 18 hours later after the British authorities intervened.

Seething from the interrogation, SAS soldiers were keen to take revenge.

British X-Files expert Dr David Clarke, who has been researching the story for three years, revealed: ‘After their release, the troopers made no complaint at their rough treatment but were determined to get their own back on the USAF for the beating that they had received.

‘In particular, their repeated characterisation as “aliens” sowed the seeds of a plan. They said: “They called us aliens. Right, we'll show them what aliens really look like.”’

As December approached, lights and coloured flares were rigged in Rendlesham Forest. Black helium balloons were also coupled to remote-controlled kites to carry suspended materials into the sky, activated by radio-controls.

Taking place over three nights between 26 and 28 December in 1980, military personnel from nearby RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge witnessed strange lights in the woods and hovering above the airbases which were on high alert as the Cold War was at its peak.

A great deal of nocturnal Christmas fun was had at the expense of the USAF - and the matter should have ended there,’ according to a letter written to Dr Clarke by an alleged SAS source.

‘Unfortunately, a senior US officer (Lt Col Halt) led the US contingent out into the forest on the second night and took along his tape recorder.

‘The hovering and whizzing lights were sufficiently impressive for him to send a report to the MoD.

‘Someone in London recalled the events of the previous August and questions were asked. A few red faces - but also some satisfaction and amusement - followed.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6539849/Has-mystery-Britains-Roswell-finally-solved.html

maximus otter

Rendlesham Forest UFO 'landing' was a prank SAS tricksters played on US Airmen, insiders claim:

...it has now been claimed that the extraterrestrial sighting was a hoax, played on the US air force by the SAS in revenge for capturing a squad and subjecting them to a brutal interrogation.

The SAS were said to have regularly tested US security by probing the perimeters of RAF Woodbridge in the English county, which allegedly stored Nuclear warheads and was believed to be a key target for Soviet agents.

But when an SAS troop parachuted into the complex one night in August 1980 they were unaware the guards had upgraded the radar system.

Their black parachutes were immediately detected and the British were hauled off for questioning.

They claimed they were beaten up by their captors who refused to believe who they were and repeatedly referred to as ‘unidentified aliens’, before being released 18 hours later after the British authorities intervened.

British X-Files expert Dr David Clarke, who has been researching the story for three years, revealed: ‘After their release, the troopers made no complaint at their rough treatment but were determined to get their own back on the USAF for the beating that they had received.

‘In particular, their repeated characterisation as “aliens” sowed the seeds of a plan. They said: “They called us aliens. Right, we'll show them what aliens really look like.”’

As December approached, lights and coloured flares were rigged in Rendlesham Forest. Black helium balloons were also coupled to remote-controlled kites to carry suspended materials into the sky, activated by radio-controls.

Taking place over three nights between 26 and 28 December in 1980, military personnel from nearby RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge witnessed strange lights in the woods and hovering above the airbases which were on high alert as the Cold War was at its peak.

A great deal of nocturnal Christmas fun was had at the expense of the USAF - and the matter should have ended there,’ according to a letter written to Dr Clarke by an alleged SAS source.

‘Unfortunately, a senior US officer (Lt Col Halt) led the US contingent out into the forest on the second night and took along his tape recorder.

‘The hovering and whizzing lights were sufficiently impressive for him to send a report to the MoD.

‘Someone in London recalled the events of the previous August and questions were asked. A few red faces - but also some satisfaction and amusement - followed.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6539849/Has-mystery-Britains-Roswell-finally-solved.html

maximus otter
It's a good story but I don't buy it. The USAF would have recaptured at least one of the pranksters over those nights, someone would have had to have been at the location, remote controlled gadgets or not to orchestrate the pranks.

Seems a bit too elaborate and if they could come up with such a convincing UFO landing, why were they wasting their time in the SAS when they could have been working in Hollywood?

If the SAS wanted revenge for beatings, it's more likely they would have found out who was responsible and then those people would have become accident prone.

its total bollocks mate.
Ex Fortean forum member Christian Nash (R.I.P.) often asked me to go to Rendlesham with him (he lived around the corner from me) .. I had to be honest with him and say "It's either all bollocks and we'll be walking around in a freezing forest getting covered with mud or it's true and I don't want to deal with that either."

Just read this story in The Daily Telegraph.

My initial reaction was "This is a cover-up story".

I too think the SAS would have reacted to their members being beaten by finding the US airmen and giving them a kicking.

Just do not buy it that they concocted a UFO prank.

So this all happened at the same time as a man was driving through the forest with his headlights on full in order to fool security? Poor buggers had the piss well taken out of them.

maximus otter
Heh. Wouldn't surprise me.

The more I look at Penniston's and Burroughs's original statements, the more they look like a tractor seen through the trees. The 'tractor beam' explanation has always amused me.

According to Clarke, it's also 3 years old and Frank is a liar. https://drdavidclarke.co.uk/2018/12/27/who-dares-wins-britains-roswell-meets-the-sas/

And, the un-credible Nick Pope is alleging Clarke is a plagiarist on Twitter. Geez, what a s**t show.

I did enjoy this bit:

"One man who should know the truth is Robin Horsfall, a former SAS sniper. Robin took part in the famous Special Forces operation that stormed the Iranian Embassy to free hostages – just six months before the alleged ‘prank’ in Rendlesham forest.

Horsfall tells me the letter-writer is someone dangling a fishing rod. The language Frank uses provides ‘no evidence of a military background’.

The letter, he says, ‘is written by a person with a solid grounding in grammar which in my opinion excludes most SAS operatives during this period including the commissioned officers’."

The more I look at Penniston's and Burroughs's original statements, the more they look like a tractor seen through the trees. The 'tractor beam' explanation has always amused me.
If not mistaken, I first brought this up! (Will try to find same).

Particularly, noted was that in Jenny Randles' inaugural book, she describes visiting the nearby farmhouse and mentions a tractor...

There's more to this as published and see if I can find the archives!

Not buying the SAS story, it’s all been too neatly choreographed around the events reported. And what’s with calling Brits in Britain ‘aliens’? Also, there would have been some physical evidence from all those flares and balloons.

Rather like the guys who claimed they hoaxed the Broad Haven silver spacemen with fire suits (1976/77), I believe there is an element of mates sitting in the pub all these years later and second-guessing “that is the sort of thing X would have done for a laugh” and then building an alternative history.

However, I don’t buy the increasingly elaborate claims of the airmen who ‘witnessed’ the event either.

Back