• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
In US terms, Alien is a term connected with immigration (as well as the obvious more modern usage). I have seen it stated (by an American officer) that it was not military usage in the UK. Military sources both UK and US seem to have discredited this latest story as fantasy.

Which leaves the path clear for the experts here to have more fun.

Haven’t commented on this classic UFO case for a few years, so not quite sure if these were published in full, including Col. Halt's comments at the end - all in capital letters.

After considerable research, I had eventually uncovered the original, key, witness statements.

This is the account of John Burroughs - needs to be enlarged:

IMG_20200125_004410_compress11.jpg

IMG_20200125_004517_compress16.jpg

Bloody hell, CN. These are fascinating and illuminating. Where did you find all these copies?
They we found languishing within a case dossier, kindly provided by one of the UFO organisations in America.

I believe Col. Halt was at one point liaising with them and his written comments reflect same.

I knew this documentation had existed, as Halt mentioned, during an interview, that he had requested them.

They are critical evidence, having been written so soon after events.

Buran and Chandler's statements on, 'official forms', are dated as 2 January.

Having another look Penniston's last sketch and once more, contemplating something which has puzzled.

Penniston emphasises, 'inscriptions' and 'etchings' on 'front', right hand side of the object.

If genuinely what Penniston believes he observed, it most definitely qualifies as a UFO and why I remain intrigued.

Screenshot_20200127_011456_compress98.jpg

Having another look Penniston's last sketch and once more, contemplating something which has puzzled.

Penniston emphasises, 'inscriptions' and 'etchings' on 'front', right hand side of the object.

If genuinely what Penniston believes he observed, it most definitely qualifies as a UFO and why I remain intrigued.

View attachment 22809
It looks a LOT like a spacecraft from Stargate SG-1.
Stargate-SG-1-Goa-uld-Ha-Tak-1.jpg

SSgt Penniston reported getting near the "object" then all of a sudden reported that they had gone past it and were looking at amarker beacon that was in the same general direction as the other lights.
As Ian Ridpath noted a long time ago, Penniston never got close enough to touch it, and the phenomenon turned into a completely mundane 'beacon' when they 'went past it'. Buran's account backs up the other statements given at the time.

Note my FT [152] article, online at:

forteantimes.com/articles/152_rendlesham.shtml
Link is dead. See (much) later post for how to access the MIA article.

The MIA Easton article about Rendlesham is accessible via the Wayback Machine:

Rendlesham Revelations
From FT 152 NOVEMBER 2001

https://web.archive.org/web/20021030104428/http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/152_rendlesham.shtml

NOTE: A later version, without the photos and addressed via a different URL, is at:

https://web.archive.org/web/2008082...ures/articles/257/rendlesham_revelations.html

Reactions: RaM
As Ian Ridpath noted a long time ago, Penniston never got close enough to touch it, and the phenomenon turned into a completely mundane 'beacon' when they 'went past it'. Buran's account backs up the other statements given at the time.
Imperative is that when I corresponded over a lengthy period with John Burroughs, he clarified being unable to substantiate any of Penniston's account because they were so far apart.

I'm not sure if I have easy access to that material, or it's backed up on a disk... somewhere!

I shall have a look forthwith.

I shall have a look forthwith.
I have located some of the correspondence and therein Burroughs highlights a central problem:

"As far as the part about Penniston saying he examined it (the craft) at his leisure, I beleive that came out when he went under hypnotic regression".

"I feel some of Penniston story is being influenced by him going under hypnosis".

That is one possible explanation, yes. Hypnosis doesn't make people lie, but it can unleash false memories and half-remembered daydreams.

I have just got hold of Nick Pope's book Encounter in Rendlesham Forest. I've got about half way through so far and I ma enjoying it. I'm still not settled in my mind as to m views on this one. It does seem that Pope sends little time exploring alternatives, he introduces a number of skeptical theories only to very quickly discount them often in no more than a page or so

I only know Nick Pope from the UFO programs on American History channel.

I think he walks a fine line saying one thing then a reverse, so never actually saying UFOs are real.

He did say on a program that the most important UFO incident was the Rendlesham Forest UFO event, more so than the Roswell UFO crash.

I do not know why he thinks Roswell was not the main event?

Nick did indicate than he was handycapped at his work at the MoD because the culture was UFOs were not a national security threat.

This is interesting because the program Unidentified on History channel, Luis Elizondo brings up several times that the Pentagon stonewalled him on his UFO investigations because the culture thinking was UFOs were not a threat.

I have no strong opinions regarding what the UFO at Rendlesham was, but I would like to set straight one piece of the record that came to me in the course of completely different research (into time slips). By coincidence, an elderly lady named Jean Boast that I used to meet during dog-walking mentioned in passing that she had lived at Rougham, the location where a lot of time slips and other odd phenomena occur. Her two daughters had experienced something strange there: Caroline had just passed her driving test, in the mid 1980s, and took her younger sister Amanda out for her first official drive. It was evening and as they drove along Blackthorpe, to the north of the village, a man in Victorian clothing and with a dog, stepped out in front of them. They narrowly missed him but a hundred yards farther along, the same man and dog stepped out a second time. (A lot of things happen on that road, and my wife had a couple of similar experiences at the same location.) I was interested in the story and in due course met Caroline, who confirmed the story. She and her mother then reminisced about other weird events that their family had been involved in. Caroline's great uncle, David Boast, was the gamekeeper at Rendlesham Forest at the time of the alleged incident. He admitted to his family that he had seen the UFO descending into the forest, but that "the military" [I assume the UK military?] had ordered him not to say anything about it. By all accounts, they had seriously frightened him in the process.

I know that there was speculation about what Boast knew or didn't know at the time, and I hope this clears it up. Needless to say, he wouldn't have been deceived by lighthouses or any other activity. He knew the area intimately, as his father had been the gamekeeper there before him, and he probably spent more time outdoors there than anybody else. He saw something landing (not "crashing").

Incidentally, his father George Boast had in the 1930s seen a strange vortex travelling through the trees, snapping off tree branches as it went. Similar things have been seen at Rougham.

Sadly Jean died a year ago but Caroline still lives in Bury St Edmunds just two minute's walk from me, so if anyone has any questions that I could pass on to her, I will do so -- although I don't think she knows anything much beyond what she and her mum told me.

Have often thought that ghosts ufo's and such could be linked to time
travel, slips and such.

Incidentally, his father George Boast had in the 1930s seen a strange vortex travelling through the trees, snapping off tree branches as it went. Similar things have been seen at Rougham.

Fascinating historical stuff, which tends to be missed by researchers with UFO blinkers on. :)

The only way people look at time is a number on their cell phone or watch.

But time is a tangible thing, and who ever can control time can control one’s physical environment.

Einstein showed time slows with speed, affected by gravity, and also affected by magnetism.

What George Boast saw in Rendlesham Forest was Jenny Randles’s THE OZ FACTOR of time being distorted.

This is how UFOs get from place to place.

UFOs are not from outer space.

UFOs are from a different time and a different reality.

Jenny Randles claims in one of her many books that humanoids like strawberry ice cream, dogs, ball point pens, and watches.

Jenny claims this from many interviews she did over the many years of investigations.

Reactions: RaM
The only way people look at time is a number on their cell phone or watch.

But time is a tangible thing, and who ever can control time can control one’s physical environment.

Einstein showed time slows with speed, affected by gravity, and also affected by magnetism.

What George Boast saw in Rendlesham Forest was Jenny Randles’s THE OZ FACTOR of time being distorted.

This is how UFOs get from place to place.

UFOs are not from outer space.

UFOs are from a different time and a different reality.

Jenny Randles claims in one of her many books that humanoids like strawberry ice cream, dogs, ball point pens, and watches.

Jenny claims this from many interviews she did over the many years of investigations.

You may be able to ask her yourself, as Ms Randles posts on this forum from time to time :)

Wow,

I read some of her books a long time ago.

The idea she comes here from time to time is great.

Back