• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hmmm.. I don't agree with the conclusion that UFOs represent a natural phenomenon that is being weaponized. If you look at the historicity, behavior and appearance of the objects it makes no sense, regardless of what happened at Rendlesham.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. I don't agree with the conclusion that UFOs represent a natural phenomenon that is being weaponized. If you look at the historicity, behavior and appearance of the objects it makes no sense, regardless of what happened at Rendlesham.

It is certainly a stretch. I am saving Nick Redfern's latest book for my next holiday so will form more of an opinion then. However, it is important all sides of the argument are heard.

Having raised the issue of what the gamekeeper Boast saw, I made contact with Caroline Boast again and told her about this controversy. She was quite shocked and annoyed that people were doubting the family's story and was adamant that David Boast and a local lady had both observed the descent of the UFO and that he had been told to deny it by "the military." Coincidentally, a few weeks ago another programme about UFOs was aired on Sky and Rendlesham was featured, Halt was interviewed (looking his age now -- aren't we all?) and when the theory of the lighthouse was raised he became visibly angry. He pointed out, with somewhat gritted teeth, that (1) everyone in the base was totally familiar with the presence and appearance of the lighthouse, and (2) that it had never hovered above peoples' heads before and fired beams of light down to the ground.

One aspect of this case that deserves more attention is the role of the AFOSI in the subsequent investigation. I think there is no doubt that they introduced a lot of disinformation to muddy the water, and some of the more unlikely stories, and the subsequent confusion originated in that way.

I have just rediscovered my copious archives on backups, long thought lost.

I had honestly forgotten how many testimonies acquired and particularly the number of accounts about those enigmatic people in, 'white lab coats', who appeared next morning after the initial incident and wanted access to the, 'landing site'.

Furthermore, Col. Halt's rare testimony, which I participated in and during which he revealed, as documented, recollected his investigations and how that, 'second night' unfolded:

"Couldn't find anything. We crossed the farmer's field. I thought about knocking on the door, but I thought, well, here I am in uniform in a foreign country with a group of people with this...probably won't go over too well.

So, we went on past the farmer's house, fell into a small stream, out into a plowed field and about that time somebody noticed one of the people that was with me noticed some objects in the sky. There were several objects, I believe three, to the north about 35 or 40 degrees off the horizon. It looked they were elliptical, sort of like a Cherokee Moon. But they had lights on. And as we watched them, they turned into a full circle and then they started moving about in a strange pattern. One of the members suggested they were doing a grid search. I'm not really sure.

Somebody else noticed another object very similar to the south. This object hovered back and forth and at one time approached us at very high speed. It stopped overhead, probably, 2, 3, maybe 4,000 feet, and sent down a beam, sort of like a laser beam that fell very close to our feet and illuminated the ground for probably maybe 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 seconds".

As for a testimonial of 'beams' landing near the WSA (Weapons Storage Area where the nukes were), pretty sure I have recovered one of those as well.

Much of my research was never published and maybe needs revisiting.

Found lots of pictures kindly entrusted at my discretion - this was the WSA at that time...

Ah...

...bit of a problem here.

The following is a diagram of the WSA layout, as at December 1980, provided by a member of USAF personnel stationed there.

It relates to his recollection - searching for same - of possibly having been alerted to defend the WSA around the time of our events.

www.forteanmedia.com/WSA.jpg

Last edited:
Long time ago, in a far away distant universe... I set up and moderated the UFO Research List (UFORL), which eventually comprised circa 150 subscribers, many of whom were foremost contributors to our UFO debate, including:

Graham Birdsall
Peter Brookesmith
Jerome Clark
David Clarke
Bruce Maccabee
Kevin Randle
Jenny Randles
Ian Ridpath
Brad Sparks

Although there are no online archives, I diligently saved every post made during the list's existence!

Consequently, I can now reveal the following, which I note was at the time 'LIST ONLY'.

These archive files are 'raw', including posting 'header' details and text formatting as saved way back then!

It's effectively impractical trying to unscramble same and the contents remain unaffected.

Amazing what you can still find in research archives and alarming it was entirely forgotten!

www.forteanmedia.com/LIST_005.TXT

www.forteanmedia.com/LIST_006.TXT

www.forteanmedia.com/LIST_011.TXT

www.forteanmedia.com/LIST_012.TXT

A couple of other, long forgotten responses. These were personal emails, so identifying details removed for now:

Yes it is true that I was at Bentwaters at the time of the incident, but unfortunately I know as much as everyone else on the subject. That night was extremely weird. I was working over on the Demand process side of supply when it happened. One minute everything's working, the next all the computers go down for no reason. At the time it was assumed that there was a fault in the system but with hind site it obviously wasn't. It did take quite a while for the computer to come back on line but it eventually did a while later.The phone lines also went nuts with them ringing with no one on the other end but it was put down to a power surge in the system. The typical need to know scenario of what went wrong.
[End]

Thank you for your inquiry about the UFO Incident at RAF Bentwaters. I don't think I can add any thing useful to your information, as I was not working the night the incident occurred. When I came in the next morning, all I saw was a lot of our staff in uniform and in civilian dress, posted about the weapons storage area, and everyone being told to not ask questions, just do our jobs. To me it appeared to be no more than a regular training or alert drill after which there is normally a higher level of visible security at the twin bases anyway. It was months after the incident that rumors of the UFO began to surface.
[End]

I have just rediscovered my copious archives on backups, long thought lost.

I had honestly forgotten how many testimonies acquired and particularly the number of accounts about those enigmatic people in, 'white lab coats', who appeared next morning after the initial incident and wanted access to the, 'landing site'.

Furthermore, Col. Halt's rare testimony, which I participated in and during which he revealed, as documented, recollected his investigations and how that, 'second night' unfolded:

"Couldn't find anything. We crossed the farmer's field. I thought about knocking on the door, but I thought, well, here I am in uniform in a foreign country with a group of people with this...probably won't go over too well.

So, we went on past the farmer's house, fell into a small stream, out into a plowed field and about that time somebody noticed one of the people that was with me noticed some objects in the sky. There were several objects, I believe three, to the north about 35 or 40 degrees off the horizon. It looked they were elliptical, sort of like a Cherokee Moon. But they had lights on. And as we watched them, they turned into a full circle and then they started moving about in a strange pattern. One of the members suggested they were doing a grid search. I'm not really sure.

Somebody else noticed another object very similar to the south. This object hovered back and forth and at one time approached us at very high speed. It stopped overhead, probably, 2, 3, maybe 4,000 feet, and sent down a beam, sort of like a laser beam that fell very close to our feet and illuminated the ground for probably maybe 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 seconds".

As for a testimonial of 'beams' landing near the WSA (Weapons Storage Area where the nukes were), pretty sure I have recovered one of those as well.

Much of my research was never published and maybe needs revisiting.

Found lots of pictures kindly entrusted at my discretion - this was the WSA at that time...

Ah...

...bit of a problem here.

The following is a diagram of the WSA layout, as at December 1980, provided by a member of USAF personnel stationed there.

It relates to his recollection - searching for same - of possibly having been alerted to defend the WSA around the time of our events.

www.forteanmedia.com/WSA.jpg
Amazing information. The Halt testimony alone blows the "lighthouse" and the "meteor" theories apart. Staggering how much info has been retrieved and kept safe!

Amazing information. The Halt testimony alone blows the "lighthouse" and the "meteor" theories apart.
Problem (amongst many others!) is that it doesn't really alter the fact of our lighthouse having played a central part - from the 'Halt tape' we seem to have a clear description of same. However, there's so much else going on, it's ridiculously difficult to separate the elements.

As for the meteor, it appears there were three separate events that night!

More on this shortly.

Here's Ridpath's assessment of the lights in the sky seen by Halt.
http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham3.html
All eyewitness reports of the lights in the sky, including Halt’s, describe them as hovering low over the forest. No one ever claimed to see them high up. From Bentwaters they were seen towards the south, so they cannot have been the same objects that Halt saw to the north and which he claimed were over the WSA at Bentwaters. In summary, all the sightings of lights hovering in the sky are consistent with bright stars seen twinkling close to the horizon.
I've just checked the sky on that night; Sirius is low in the south, and Deneb and Vega low in the north; these were probably what they saw, and the added 'advantage' of the Starscope made them see mysterious beams as well.

I've just checked the sky on that night; Sirius is low in the south, and Deneb and Vega low in the north; these were probably what they saw, and the added 'advantage' of the Starscope made them see mysterious beams as well.
And the object they touched? Venus?

"Nobody saw the lights higher up?" This is what Halt said:

So, one object moved back and forth, approached at very high speed, stopped overhead between 2-4000 feet, and sent a beam down close to the witness's feet. Is that the kind of thing that Sirius, Deneb and Vega really get up to? Astronomy must be more interesting than I thought!

Which night? Don't forget there were two nights, two days apart. The meteor, if it happened, happened early on the first day and Halt didn't see it.
Absolutely correct, of course, this potential aspect only applies to the inaugural incident, circa 3:00 a.m. on 26 December.

Nobody saw the lights higher up?" This is what Halt said:
One related point from my newly posted archives was the following:

Having listened to the tape again, it seems clear that the first and second 'voice' are different and added to Halt's observations, means that if stars were being inadvertently perceived to be rapidly moving, then three people had an identical optical aberration at the same time.
[End]

Do not underestimate the critical significance of that starlight scope!

A 'night scope' or 'image intensifier', any lights observed will appear duly enhanced. Just another complication, although to what extent...?

A possibility important rediscovery, concerning any involvement with the 67th ARRS.

I seemingly once wrote this - it's from an old backup and can't reformat, no matter how much I try!

[Begin]
Also during 1998, Chuck Dalldorf told me:

"I was an aircraft maintenance technician with the 81st TFW
working on A-10A and prior to that F-4D's during my tour which
lasted from December 1977 through July 1981. I had also been
assigned several times to the 67th ARRS on temporary duty to work
on both the HC-130N/P's and the HH-53's as well.

[...]

One issue I would like to address right away is, the 67th ARRS
did not scramble any missions (either HH-53 or HC-130 during the
week between Christmas 1980 and New Year's Day 1981).

There were no alerts anytime during the week between Christmas,
1980 and New Years Day 1981 at RAF Bentwaters or RAF Woodbridge.
No alerts for the 81st Tactical Fighter Wing (A-10A) or for the
67th ARRS (HC-130 and HH-53).

[...]

There was a trip that I helped run with my landlord, Joe Haninia
of Woodbridge Town who ran a travel service for the base called
Big Ben Travel. The trip went from RAF Bentwaters to Edinburgh to
celebrate Hogmany in Scotland. We left the base and were not
recalled. There were 28 people on the trip from both the 81st TFW
and the 67th ARRS.
[End]

Have we mentioned how bizarrely complex the possibilities were re that first incident!

Throw into the mix and also just rediscovered, a fascinating and related article:

www.forteanmedia.com/sat_recv.txt
Fascinating. Makes a complex incident even more complex. Aliens as a cover story for some secret operation (as I think happened in Roswell) is a definite possibility. On the other hand I recall the previous gamekeeper seeing a strange vortex travelling through the forest, sometime in the 30s-40s, breaking off tree branches as it went, similar to a couple of events in Rougham. We're in the hall of mirrors all right.

Fascinating. Makes a complex incident even more complex. Aliens as a cover story for some secret operation....
Re my subsequent post, I think we can actually rule out any involvement with the 67th ARRS.

As for a meteor being at least partially responsible that first night, the problem is, as evidenced in the original witness statements, unusual lights were observed for a significant period of time.

One further account I have now come across again, seems to corroborate this.

I will not identify the correspondent, because can't be certain I had permission, 'Beachum' is almost certainly Cabansag, it contains my notes re the C141 and again formatting is as was!

[Start]
I was assigned to RAF Bentwaters in August of 1980.

I worked with Burroughs and Penniston. What they said was true. As a
matter of fact, the following statements are true and can be verified
by many people.

The acting squadron was the 81st. SPS and "B" Flight was the acting
security force on duty. Burroughs and Penniston were on "B" flight.

"A" flight was the day flight, daytime only.

The Guard at East gate was Amn Burroughs and Amn Beachum.

I was stationed on Security - 6 with either Amn Hartman or Sgt Sauls.
We saw the entire thing.

Shift change was from 26th at 2300 hrs till 0700 hrs of the 27th.

The top Flight Sgt on duty was MSgt Fail. Lt.Col Halt was not there
the first night.

It was a bitterly cold night and clear.

Radio communications were disrupted on and off due to some type of
atmospheric disturbance. The radios weren't working at all that night.
There were 6 channels, called "Queen", "Queen 1", "King 1" and so on.
One channel was reserved for Law Enforcement, one for RAF Bentwaters
and the rest were open.

We switched channels all night.

Contact had been lost with Burroughs, Penniston and Beachum.

This was on the first night, when the lights were in the woods. It
quite possibly could have been Christmas [i.e., the 25/26th].

The base had an Alarm Response Team (ART) and a Security Response Team
(SRT).

Codes in use at that time and which have now been declassified were
" "Helping Hand" - a potentially hostile threat - and "Covered Wagon"
- a confirmed hostile threat.

If the first alert status was unresolved after 30 minutes, it
automatically became a confirmed, hostile threat.

The person on the post should have been Burroughs, but he was missing,
the weapons were missing and the phone was off the hook.

This was around 2:00 a.m.

We were carrying weapons and were told to hold our position. MSgt Fail
went out.

I could clearly see the lights from the gate, just outside the back
gate (East gate). It was next to the road.

They were intermittent lights, very bright, 15-20 feet above the
ground.

They were pulsating and from what I recall there were 3 lights, red
green and blue.

It made no noise, but it defied gravity. It was really weird and
scary. We all knew what we were looking at, but no one really came out
and said it.

I saw them, so did Amn Beachum, Amn Hartman, Amn Hernandez. To me, it
seemed to have lasted an hour, but they said it was more like 6 hours.

Burroughs and Penniston finally showed up. I somehow think something
happened to them. They were acting strange.

We were then told to go back to our posts.

Shift change in the morney for "B" flight was extremely late. "A"
Flight relieved us at 9:30 am, very late.

When we went out the East gate back to Bentwaters, leaving Woodbridge,
there were many people, including numerous people in typical lab coats
making an analysis of the area. You could see out the vehicle to the
right side, that there were many people examining the area, searching,
looking for something. Some of these people were in white overcoats,
that's why I say that they looked like typical techs in lab coats.

They were searching the area in front of the forest.

[Taken in conjunction with the following , this is particularly
interesting: "On 31 July 1994, Charles Halt gave a fascinating lecture
to UFO enthusiasts at a hastily arranged venue in Leeds. Halt was in
the United Kingdom to record an interview with London Weekend
Television.

[...]

One puzzling event which has mystified Colonel Halt ever since that
'fateful week', concerns the arrival of an unscheduled C141 Galaxy
transporter just hours after the encounter. He confirmed he knew
nothing about its purpose, or why a group of 'special individuals'
departed the aircraft and headed immediately out to the East Gate and
into the forest".]

The "few branches" that were broken off were not a few, it was a lot,
a huge area had been cleared. There were trees missing.

I also saw "bobbies" and little white police cars.

I was pointing these things out and Hartman says, "Valdez, shut up
about that".

I was green.

The base had a problem with "bird watchers", people who were suspected
to be Russian spys. The base security personnel had to photograph
anyone who showed an interest in the base activities. Pennistion may
have had a loaded camera in his duffel bag.

A lot of people staked the place out on the second night. The crew on
duty then was "C" Flight, "B" Flight had just finished its last
midnight shift for the cycle. Halt's night was "C" shift.

Bustinza [apparently pronounced Busteenza] was a "C" flight. He was
not "Acting Commander of Security Police", he was a "three striper".

The starlight scope mentioned by Lt. Col. Halt, "fits on top of an
M16". There were no night vision binoculars in those days.

There were a large number of light-alls in the forest and I wondered
how they had got them all in there. We always had problems with them.
This was 17 years ago, not today's technology.

As far as people that saw or knew about this incident, there were well
over 30 security people who swept the area looking for Beachum,
Burroughs and Penniston, who were missing.
[End]

... I recall the previous gamekeeper seeing a strange vortex travelling through the forest, sometime in the 30s-40s, breaking off tree branches as it went, similar to a couple of events in Rougham.
At the end of 2019 I saw a big 'dust-devil' in a field in East Yorkshire, and managed to get right up close to it. It was circulating very slowly, and I can't imagine it could have done any structural damage, but it certainly had quite a lot of straw and lightweight debris in it. Curiously enough I could barely feel the wind, even though I was within thirty metres of it. The 'broken off branches' reported by the witness might have been twigs picked up from the ground.
Or it may have been a true tornado; tornados are certainly not unknown in the UK, and have caused damage on occasion.

At the end of 2019 I saw a big 'dust-devil' in a field in East Yorkshire, and managed to get right up close to it. It was circulating very slowly, and I can't imagine it could have done any structural damage, but it certainly had quite a lot of straw and lightweight debris in it. Curiously enough I could barely feel the wind, even though I was within thirty metres of it. The 'broken off branches' reported by the witness might have been twigs picked up from the ground.
Or it may have been a true tornado; tornados are certainly not unknown in the UK, and have caused damage on occasion.
I've seen a small one, and they are quite remarkable. But the witness to the vortex in the forest (George Boast, the previous gamekeeper) would have been well familiar with them, so he obviously saw that as something out of the ordinary.
Re my subsequent post, I think we can actually rule out any involvement with the 67th ARRS.

As for a meteor being at least partially responsible that first night, the problem is, as evidenced in the original witness statements, unusual lights were observed for a significant period of time.

One further account I have now come across again, seems to corroborate this.

I will not identify the correspondent, because can't be certain I had permission, 'Beachum' is almost certainly Cabansag, it contains my notes re the C141 and again formatting is as was!

[Start]
I was assigned to RAF Bentwaters in August of 1980.

I worked with Burroughs and Penniston. What they said was true. As a
matter of fact, the following statements are true and can be verified
by many people.

The acting squadron was the 81st. SPS and "B" Flight was the acting
security force on duty. Burroughs and Penniston were on "B" flight.

"A" flight was the day flight, daytime only.

The Guard at East gate was Amn Burroughs and Amn Beachum.

I was stationed on Security - 6 with either Amn Hartman or Sgt Sauls.
We saw the entire thing.

Shift change was from 26th at 2300 hrs till 0700 hrs of the 27th.

The top Flight Sgt on duty was MSgt Fail. Lt.Col Halt was not there
the first night.

It was a bitterly cold night and clear.

Radio communications were disrupted on and off due to some type of
atmospheric disturbance. The radios weren't working at all that night.
There were 6 channels, called "Queen", "Queen 1", "King 1" and so on.
One channel was reserved for Law Enforcement, one for RAF Bentwaters
and the rest were open.

We switched channels all night.

Contact had been lost with Burroughs, Penniston and Beachum.

This was on the first night, when the lights were in the woods. It
quite possibly could have been Christmas [i.e., the 25/26th].

The base had an Alarm Response Team (ART) and a Security Response Team
(SRT).

Codes in use at that time and which have now been declassified were
" "Helping Hand" - a potentially hostile threat - and "Covered Wagon"
- a confirmed hostile threat.

If the first alert status was unresolved after 30 minutes, it
automatically became a confirmed, hostile threat.

The person on the post should have been Burroughs, but he was missing,
the weapons were missing and the phone was off the hook.

This was around 2:00 a.m.

We were carrying weapons and were told to hold our position. MSgt Fail
went out.

I could clearly see the lights from the gate, just outside the back
gate (East gate). It was next to the road.

They were intermittent lights, very bright, 15-20 feet above the
ground.

They were pulsating and from what I recall there were 3 lights, red
green and blue.

It made no noise, but it defied gravity. It was really weird and
scary. We all knew what we were looking at, but no one really came out
and said it.

I saw them, so did Amn Beachum, Amn Hartman, Amn Hernandez. To me, it
seemed to have lasted an hour, but they said it was more like 6 hours.

Burroughs and Penniston finally showed up. I somehow think something
happened to them. They were acting strange.

We were then told to go back to our posts.

Shift change in the morney for "B" flight was extremely late. "A"
Flight relieved us at 9:30 am, very late.

When we went out the East gate back to Bentwaters, leaving Woodbridge,
there were many people, including numerous people in typical lab coats
making an analysis of the area. You could see out the vehicle to the
right side, that there were many people examining the area, searching,
looking for something. Some of these people were in white overcoats,
that's why I say that they looked like typical techs in lab coats.

They were searching the area in front of the forest.

[Taken in conjunction with the following , this is particularly
interesting: "On 31 July 1994, Charles Halt gave a fascinating lecture
to UFO enthusiasts at a hastily arranged venue in Leeds. Halt was in
the United Kingdom to record an interview with London Weekend
Television.

[...]

One puzzling event which has mystified Colonel Halt ever since that
'fateful week', concerns the arrival of an unscheduled C141 Galaxy
transporter just hours after the encounter. He confirmed he knew
nothing about its purpose, or why a group of 'special individuals'
departed the aircraft and headed immediately out to the East Gate and
into the forest".]

The "few branches" that were broken off were not a few, it was a lot,
a huge area had been cleared. There were trees missing.

I also saw "bobbies" and little white police cars.

I was pointing these things out and Hartman says, "Valdez, shut up
about that".

I was green.

The base had a problem with "bird watchers", people who were suspected
to be Russian spys. The base security personnel had to photograph
anyone who showed an interest in the base activities. Pennistion may
have had a loaded camera in his duffel bag.

A lot of people staked the place out on the second night. The crew on
duty then was "C" Flight, "B" Flight had just finished its last
midnight shift for the cycle. Halt's night was "C" shift.

Bustinza [apparently pronounced Busteenza] was a "C" flight. He was
not "Acting Commander of Security Police", he was a "three striper".

The starlight scope mentioned by Lt. Col. Halt, "fits on top of an
M16". There were no night vision binoculars in those days.

There were a large number of light-alls in the forest and I wondered
how they had got them all in there. We always had problems with them.
This was 17 years ago, not today's technology.

As far as people that saw or knew about this incident, there were well
over 30 security people who swept the area looking for Beachum,
Burroughs and Penniston, who were missing.
[End]
More remarkable info. Does seem that someone knew what was going on at a higher level, and maybe the AFOSI put over the alien spacecraft idea as a cover. Nobody has yet suggested that maybe the Russians had some advanced spy device that they were using to monitor the base activities, which seems at least a possibility. On the other hand, it doesn't rule out the Nick Pope theory of time travellers from the future.

I throw in an odd fact that may be totally irrelevant, but on the map Rendlesham is pretty well dead north of Felixstowe, about 8 miles to the south, which was the site of a very bizarre 1960s UFO case -- the fire demon of Felixstowe. I have tried to get any info on this from some UFO groups without luck. I have a personal interest because my wife and I have often taken a caravan holiday at the Park Holiday camp in Walton Avenue, which is where the demon/alien was seen, and on one visit all of the brand new batteries we had taken for our cameras and video failed as soon as we arrived.

I still don't think Halt is lying or was fooled by a lighthouse. The last time that explanation was offered to him he became quite angry actually.

I still don't think Halt is lying or was fooled by a lighthouse. The last time that explanation was offered to him he became quite angry actually.
I don't think you would get to be deputy commander of the main US nuclear base in the UK if you were the type to mistake a lighthouse (which you are totally familiar with) for lights flying about over your head and firing laser-like beams at your feet. In his position I think most of us would feel entitled to get angry.

I think something happened those nights at Rendlesham.

I don't think there were any spaceships involved.

I think it was something of a psy experiment from within the U.S. military. I think drugs may have been involved.

I actually think this is more fascinating than a spaceship.

If the above is not true then I think it was a pretty extreme example of some kind of temporary mass psychogenic illness.

Which again is more intersting that a spaceship.

Oh. I'm absolutely convinced that Halt and company were looking at stars, and at the lighthouse. The most damning evidence, to me, is that the south object set at about 0400, at the same time as Sirius set; Halt even describes it as getting lower over time on the tape.

The two objects in the north, which I have identified as Vega and Deneb, were still there when they gave up and went back to base. In an interview with Jenny Randles, Halt said the following;
These objects (in the north) seemed to persist and would not go away. We decided it was time to go back to base... the objects were still in the sky - however, it was getting light and they were getting faint.
This is the behaviour of stars, not aircraft or spacecraft.

Oh. I'm absolutely convinced that Halt and company were looking at stars, and at the lighthouse. The most damning evidence, to me, is that the south object set at about 0400, at the same time as Sirius set; Halt even describes it as getting lower over time on the tape.

The two objects in the north, which I have identified as Vega and Deneb, were still there when they gave up and went back to base. In an interview with Jenny Randles, Halt said the following;

This is the behaviour of stars, not aircraft or spacecraft.

I largely agree, yes. And the work of Ian Ridpath, I think, pretty much nails what they saw - http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham.html

Very convincing. And there is nobody more than me who wants to believe it was aliens in spaceships zipping about and caushing havoc. Particularly as I live about 40 minutes away from Rendlesham.

But...

The issue is what was happening that allowed for so much confusion and so much misidentification and panic. I think, as I said...there were some strange experimental things going on, possibly using hallucinogenic drugs or subsonic sound. Or there was some incredibly weird case of a mass psychogenic illness going. Both every bit as fascianting as the thought of an alien spaceship.

An alien spaceship...I mean, c'mon now...

Back