• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
They had just come from a Christmas party. I don't know what an airbase Christmas party is like, but there might be some clue there.

Oh. I'm absolutely convinced that Halt and company were looking at stars, and at the lighthouse. The most damning evidence, to me, is that the south object set at about 0400, at the same time as Sirius set; Halt even describes it as getting lower over time on the tape.

The two objects in the north, which I have identified as Vega and Deneb, were still there when they gave up and went back to base. In an interview with Jenny Randles, Halt said the following;

This is the behaviour of stars, not aircraft or spacecraft.
But that still doesn't explain the most remarkable phenomena, the lights that were moving around directly overhead and that shot laser-like beams down at the feet of the witnesses.

That didn't happen. It is not mentioned on the tape, so I think it is a later invention.

Here's the transcript of the relevant part of the tape.
http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/halttape3.html
The only bit that describes a beam is here

HALT: 3:05. At about ten degrees, horizon, directly north, we’ve got two strange objects, er, half moon shape, dancing about, with coloured lights on ‘em. At, er, guess to be about five to ten miles out, maybe less. The half moons have now turned into full circles as though there was an eclipse or something there for a minute or two.
HALT: 03:15. Now we’ve got an object about 10 degrees directly south, 10 degrees off the horizon.
NEVELS: ... to the left...
HALT: And the ones to the north are moving. One’s moving away from us.
BACKGROUND VOICE: (indistinct, but includes ‘moving’)
NEVELS: Moving out fast.
BALL(?): This one on the right’s heading away, too.
HALT: They’re both heading north. Hey, here he comes from the south, he’s coming toward us now.
HALT: Now we’re observing what appears to be a beam coming down to the ground.
SHOUT IN BACKGROUND: Colours! [?]
HALT: This is unreal. [Laughs]
[Ian’s note: RAF Watton logged a call from Bentwaters at 03.25 am on December 28 reporting a UFO. Halt instructed the command post to call them while these sightings were going on, but Watton reported that they saw nothing on radar.]
HALT: 03:30 and the objects are still in the sky, although the one to the south looks like it’s losing a little bit of altitude. We’re turning around and heading back toward the base.
HALT: The object to the south is still beaming down lights to the ground.
HALT: 04:00 hours. One object still hovering over Woodbridge base at about five to ten degrees off the horizon, still moving erratic and similar lights and beaming down as earlier.

------------------
Halt and the others repeatedly describe the lights as moving, but they never actually go anywhere. I think this was just autokinesis. Note the shout 'Colours! [?}' at one point. This is consistent with someone observing Sirius, which has the most brilliant and colourful scintillations of all stars or planets.

Last edited:
Autokinesis wouldn't really explain the manoeuvres described. The objects described as moving out fast. One of them heading for the observers which then beams light down to the ground. No wonder Halt says, "This is unreal." The fact that the witnesses may also have been confused by known stars on the horizon in the excitement of the moment doesn't negate the observation of a light which heads towards the witnesses, then stops overhead, then sends down beams of light. This is inconsistent with any normal astronomical phenomenon, in my view.

Despite 'heading out fast', these objects did not seem to actually go anywhere. The one in the south is described as getting a little lower ('losing a bit of altitude'). If this object were darting all over the place, how could it also lose a bit of altitude? No-one on the tape mentions an object overhead.

Despite 'heading out fast', these objects did not seem to actually go anywhere. The one in the south is described as getting a little lower ('losing a bit of altitude'). If this object were darting all over the place, how could it also lose a bit of altitude? No-one on the tape mentions an object overhead.
True, but in several interviews I've seen Halt give, he emphasizes very clearly that it stopped overhead and appeared to fire a light beam down close to the witness's feet. As you know, many UFO sightings are associated with strange "light beams," especially maybe the ones discussed in Vallee's Confrontations, including the Dr X case and many in South America. So despite the obvious confusion of the witnesses regarding the multiple lights they were seeing, including some stars for sure, at least one behaved like UFOs reported in other cases. That doesn't imply that they were necessarily ETs, of course.

True, but in several interviews I've seen Halt give, he emphasizes very clearly that it stopped overhead and appeared to fire a light beam down close to the witness's feet.
Ah.... the beams of light!

I'm not sure how well known the following is.

Additional to our crucible of complexity, is a testimony given to myself by a senior member of the 81st Security Police Squadron (SPS) and which resulted in both of us being invited to participate in a related television documentary.

I shall duly endeavour to find this material pronto.

It's going to be controversial, of course and relates to beams of light not being sent downwards.... there were possibly being directed upwards that second night, by some senior cops in Law Enforcement, as a UFO hoax, inspired by the initial incident.

So many people have claimed to have been involved in a hoax that Christmas; one imagines teams of hoaxers wandering the countryside.

Like Penniston, Halt's testimony has changed somewhat over time. I think this happens to all UFO accounts, even my own.

A link to my sighting, as told a few years ago.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...h-incident-1966-australia.65893/#post-1314217
I'll try not to retell it too much because every retelling adds an extra layer of obfuscation to the data. This all happened in 1966, the same year as Westall, and I'm sure that it has many of the same features. If it had happened on a schoolday we might have been looking at a classic mass sighting here. It's not every day weather balloons land in East London.

One puzzling event which has mystified Colonel Halt ever since that
'fateful week', concerns the arrival of an unscheduled C141 Galaxy
transporter just hours after the encounter. He confirmed he knew
nothing about its purpose, or why a group of 'special individuals'
departed the aircraft and headed immediately out to the East Gate and
into the forest.
This is intriguing...?

Why a Galaxy transporter - to deliver, or perhaps pick up a large cargo?

Who were those personnel and why that apparent interest?

This was during the Iran hostage crisis and meantime over in the U.S., something ultra top-secret was taking place - training for a potential hostage rescue mission.

On 29 December, this, at least partially, spilled over into what became known as the Cas-Landrum UFO incident.

Just another coincidence? I have seen zero evidence of any connection.

This is intriguing...?

Why a Galaxy transporter - to deliver, or perhaps pick up a large cargo?

Who were those personnel and why that apparent interest?

This was during the Iran hostage crisis and meantime over in the U.S., something ultra top-secret was taking place - training for a potential hostage rescue mission.

On 29 December, this, at least partially, spilled over into what became known as the Cas-Landrum UFO incident.

Just another coincidence? I have seen zero evidence of any connection.
It certainly is. I can't see why anybody would train for a possible Iran rescue mission in an English forest -- there must have been far more suitable sites, geographically speaking, elsewhere. It does suggest that something significant was going on. On the other hand, I don't go for Vallee's theory that the whole thing was designed to see how base personnel would react to a fake UFO incident. One of the most sensitive nuclear bases in the world would not be a good choice for such an experiment. The problem is that plenty of disinformation has been sown after the initial event and there is no way of sifting out the false from the true at this late stage.

It certainly is.
Yes... this is an aspect I had almost forgotten about and I wonder if it correlates with other accounts of 'unusual personell' taking an apparent immediate interest.

We are talking about the first night's events, before Halt's involvement and people in white 'lab suits' reportedly examing the 'landing site' next morning.

I've posted some of these accounts and they make little sense as all else indicates the initial incident was, 'no big deal'.

Notable also that after Halt's subsequent involvement and discussions with the RAF base commander, what led to the now infamous, 'Halt memo'.

Maybe this is little known?

Continuing from his previously highlighted interview:

RAYL: Okay. Now, two weeks later on January 13, 1981 you issued a
memorandum to the British Ministry of Defense.

HALT: That's correct.

RAYL: And why did you do that?

HALT: At the request of the R.A.F. Liaison Officer or the R.A.F. Base Commander, as we called him, Don Moreland.

RAYL: Okay.

HALT: I went and approached him, and I said, "You know, this happened off base." Well, I did discuss this through our channels and the real answer from our channels was, "Hey, we don't want to touch this with a pole. This was a British incident. It happened off the installation. Let them handle it." So, I contacted him. In fact, I contacted him
earlier and the only reason the memo was dated that late was that he was on vacation and I wasn't able to find out what he wanted and how much detail he wanted and what he wanted to do with the information.

When I finally caught up with him on the, about the 10th or the 12th, he said, "Well, write a brief memo. Kind of sanitize it and we'll send it to London. We'll see what happens." So, that's what I did.

RAYL: That memo is probably one of the most amazing documents that's been released to the UFO community, I would say within the last 20 years or so and while you never use the term UFO in it, it reads likes science fiction. When you were writing that, did you get that sense at all, that what you're writing here may be not taken entirely
seriously?

HALT: Well, there was no intent for that to be released publicly. That was, you know, not a classified document, as some people havea alluded to. It was given to Don Moreland to forward through his channels which was that Liaison Officer, Third Air Force, Air Force Headquarters in England, to the M.O.D. and see what their interest was. I really expected somebody to pop up in a day or two and want more details. To this day, it hasn't happened.
[End]

Yes... this is an aspect I had almost forgotten about and I wonder if it correlates with other accounts of 'unusual personell' taking an apparent immediate interest.

We are talking about the first night's events, before Halt's involvement and people in white 'lab suits' reportedly examing the 'landing site' next morning.

I've posted some of these accounts and they make little sense as all else indicates the initial incident was, 'no big deal'.

Notable also that after Halt's subsequent involvement and discussions with the RAF base commander, what led to the now infamous, 'Halt memo'.

Maybe this is little known?

Continuing from his previously highlighted interview:

RAYL: Okay. Now, two weeks later on January 13, 1981 you issued a
memorandum to the British Ministry of Defense.

HALT: That's correct.

RAYL: And why did you do that?

HALT: At the request of the R.A.F. Liaison Officer or the R.A.F. Base Commander, as we called him, Don Moreland.

RAYL: Okay.

HALT: I went and approached him, and I said, "You know, this happened off base." Well, I did discuss this through our channels and the real answer from our channels was, "Hey, we don't want to touch this with a pole. This was a British incident. It happened off the installation. Let them handle it." So, I contacted him. In fact, I contacted him
earlier and the only reason the memo was dated that late was that he was on vacation and I wasn't able to find out what he wanted and how much detail he wanted and what he wanted to do with the information.

When I finally caught up with him on the, about the 10th or the 12th, he said, "Well, write a brief memo. Kind of sanitize it and we'll send it to London. We'll see what happens." So, that's what I did.

RAYL: That memo is probably one of the most amazing documents that's been released to the UFO community, I would say within the last 20 years or so and while you never use the term UFO in it, it reads likes science fiction. When you were writing that, did you get that sense at all, that what you're writing here may be not taken entirely
seriously?

HALT: Well, there was no intent for that to be released publicly. That was, you know, not a classified document, as some people havea alluded to. It was given to Don Moreland to forward through his channels which was that Liaison Officer, Third Air Force, Air Force Headquarters in England, to the M.O.D. and see what their interest was. I really expected somebody to pop up in a day or two and want more details. To this day, it hasn't happened.
[End]
More interesting stuff. Do you know if anyone interested has actually tried to draw up a comprehensive time-line for everyone and everything that happened around that base during the whole period? I imagine you would need a wall-sized piece of paper (no doubt someone would know how to do it on a computer) and a lot of time on your hands to do this!

I imagine you would need a wall-sized piece of paper...
You remind re a large sketch of events I previously posted. In this, we can see depictions of the forest's indigenous muntjack deer, various personnel in the forest, maps of the weapons storage area and other base locations, the local creeks which Halt and others crossed and clear illustrations of our UFOs.

Well, in all my years of research, it makes about as much sense as anything else... :omr:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...twork-discovered-in-amazon.67871/post-2014370

That explains everything. Obviously the time travelling UFOs planned to drop into Colombia 12,000 years ago to pick up the odd mastadonburger and ended up in Rendlesham, 1980s, by mistake. No wonder everyone got confused.

That explains everything. Obviously the time travelling UFOs planned to drop into Colombia 12,000 years ago to pick up the odd mastadonburger and ended up in Rendlesham, 1980s..
:rofl:

Alien pilot up for a 'court martial'... unfit for duty on drugs charge... :p

This is one of those moments when you look back on evidence gathered some years back and it seems to only now 'sink in'...

"I didn't let Randy read your letter until in front of myself aand 4 other people, I asked him, "What happened after you left the tower?" He said, "Nothing, I guess." So I asked him to think back to the tower and walk through his next movements. He said, "I remember leaving the tower and then I can remember as I was riding my bicycle home I was thinking that I must have turned in my weapon because I don't have it with me." He also said he looked over his shoulder a lot.

Then I let him read your letter.

When he read the part about the lights beaming into the WSA and the weapons being affected, I stopped him and asked, "Where were you? This was YOUR area, your weapons to guard, where were you?"

He was really spooked when he read your letter. I don't think he was aware of such a large amount of time that is unaccounted for. When I saw him after work that morning, he was so obviously scared and shaken. He was literally trembling. This would have been at least 6 hours after he sighted the craft. Why would his terror still be so vivid?
[End]

Perhaps one issue with UFOs, ghosts, poltergeists and all our delightfully related, eclectic Forteana forums topics, is that despite an inherent scepticism, sometimes the evidence otherwise, steadfastly won't go away...

:popc:

This is one of those moments when you look back on evidence gathered some years back and it seems to only now 'sink in'...

"I didn't let Randy read your letter until in front of myself aand 4 other people, I asked him, "What happened after you left the tower?" He said, "Nothing, I guess." So I asked him to think back to the tower and walk through his next movements. He said, "I remember leaving the tower and then I can remember as I was riding my bicycle home I was thinking that I must have turned in my weapon because I don't have it with me." He also said he looked over his shoulder a lot.

Then I let him read your letter.

When he read the part about the lights beaming into the WSA and the weapons being affected, I stopped him and asked, "Where were you? This was YOUR area, your weapons to guard, where were you?"

He was really spooked when he read your letter. I don't think he was aware of such a large amount of time that is unaccounted for. When I saw him after work that morning, he was so obviously scared and shaken. He was literally trembling. This would have been at least 6 hours after he sighted the craft. Why would his terror still be so vivid?
[End]

Perhaps one issue with UFOs, ghosts, poltergeists and all our delightfully related, eclectic Forteana forums topics, is that despite an inherent scepticism, sometimes the evidence otherwise, steadfastly won't go away...

:popc:
The evidence is actually building up rather than going away. I was just scanning through long forgotten pages of Bruni's book. With several witnesses having time distortions and memory lapses it's clear that something was going on. Would it be fair to sum it up very crudely and say that we have: 1. A forest where odd things have happened in the past; 2. A major US nuclear base; 3. A UFO descending into the forest possibly leaving traces of limited probitive value; 4. Personnel having a variety of experiences ranging from UFOs overhead sending light beams down to the witnesses, alleged close examination of a hovering craft, and even a Close Encounters scenario with numerous high ranking officers surrounding a landed UFO, and the witness later receiving a top secret briefing on how many alien civilisations were visiting earth with a film show included, only to receive even more bizarre accounts about secret bases under Bentwaters complete with aliens in residence. Which events are real and which are crazy disinformation? When it points to the use of mind control in dealing with witnesses it gets really worrying, because we don't know whose stories are based on fact and who have had false stories planted in their minds. I don't think they would have gone to such trouble to cover up some minor mishap, so something big definitely happened.

With several witnesses having time distortions and memory lapses...
Quite coincidentally, I was revisiting more of my archives and came across the following, which I had entirely forgotten about.

From the 'Strange But True?' documentary;

Penniston: "The air was filled with electricity. You could feel it on your skin as we aapproached the object".

Burroughs: "You felt like you were moving in slow motion, your hair on the back of your head was standing up, you felt like you had very little control over your body".

There might be some other material of significance in that documentary (yes, I judiciously wrote down a transcript!).

It relates to Penniston's elaboration on events and whether this was prior to that infernal, 'hypnotic regression'.

I might just be able to confirm this, shortly...

It relates to Penniston's elaboration on events and whether this was prior to that infernal, 'hypnotic regression'.
'Strange But True?' was broadcast in December 1994.

Penniston's 'hynotic regression' seemingly didn't occur until September 1994.

So, was his interview in the documentary before or afterwards?

That's fundamental.

From am article and interview with American journalist AJS Rayl:

Hypnosis -
In 1994, after much contemplation, Penniston says, he agreed to undergo two hypnosis sessions at the urging of several colleagues with whom he was working to uncover any information on the identity of the craft at Bentwaters, the plan being to co-author a book. "The idea was that there might be more valuable information, specifically times, dates, and other names that perhaps we could retrieve," says Penniston.

"I knew that information gleaned from hypnosis wasn't always perfect and that if it wasn't done right, the information could be contaminated.

So I was reluctant about the whole thing."

His colleagues came up with a list of questions for the psychologist that they felt were not leading or suggestive, and they agreed to let him be hypnotized by a family psychologist who had helped his teenage daughter.

The first of two hypnotic regressions -- both of which were videotaped -- took place in September 1994. In that session, Penniston recounted the same events that he remembered consciously. Nothing new surfaced. The session did, however, turn up a jump in time: Penniston described being near the craft, examining it, and then suddenly standing 30 feet away next to Airman First Class John Burroughs, one of the men dispatched to investigate the scene with him. That sequence of events left about 45 minutes unaccounted for. He and his colleagues decided to try another hypnosis session two months later to explore that seeming discrepancy.
[End]

Given the timescale to finalise and broadcast the documentary...?

Anyway, I have discovered the original documentary is on YouTube, so please enjoy!

"Then it moved back toward Bentwaters and continued to send down beams of light, at one point near the weapons storage facility. We knew that, because we could hear the chatter on the radio."
This 'chatter' is not on Halt's tape, and there is every chance that they were misinterpreting it. Several witnesses who were actually at Bentwaters failed to see these 'beams'. and did not hear the chatter.
http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham3.html
The night Colonel Halt said he saw a UFO beam lights down into the Weapons Storage Area, I was on duty at the alarm monitor’s building, which was located between the double fence that surrounded the WSA. I never saw or heard about a UFO at the WSA, or beams of light, or anything like that.
I had control of the net. All security transmissions were going though me. Primary Central Security Control (CSC) had passed responsibility over to me, which they would usually do for several hours early in the 2300hrs – 0700hrs shift. I had the radio right next to me, and I never heard that a UFO was at the WSA. … Believe me, I would have known about that, if it had happened.

Several witnesses who were actually at Bentwaters failed to see these 'beams'.
As previously mentioned, I participated in a documentary with the following splendid fellow.

This was the instigation of same.

From my archives, raw, can't reformat the damn thing and possibly never published before...

You must, as always, make your own judgement!

[Start]
Subject: Rendlesham Forest Indident
Date: 05 April 2001 17:00

Dear Mr. Easton:

I'm a retired USAF SMSgt. Last night I had some time on my hands, and was
surfing the net looking for Web sites on airbases that I had served on
during my USAF career. One of those bases was RAF Bentwaters. I was amazed
to find a couple of Web sites describing a UFO incident at Bentwaters during
my tour. Shocked actually, when you consider what I know about these
so-called incidents! One of the web sites had an article by you.

I was a Security Policeman at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge from mid 1978 to mid
1981. I arrived at Bentwaters as a SSgt, and departed as a TSgt. I was a
law enforcement specialist. While there I worked as a patrolman, desk
sergeant, assistant flight chief, flight chief, training NCO, and QA
evaluator.

During the time that of incident I will recount occured, 1st Lt. Bruce
Englund was my Flight Commander. He figures into one of the accounts you
investigated. I also remember a Lt Col who was a bit of a cop buff, and
used to ride along with the law enforcement patrols on a regular basis. As
I remember he was either the Vice Wing Commander, or worked for the Wing
Commander. He must be the Lt Col Halt mentioned.

I can provide copies of my APR's (Airman's Performance Reports) if asked, to
validate the dates and positions in which I served at RAF Bentwaters.

Bentwaters was not a large base. An incident such as described in some of
the Web sites I found could not have occurred with out the knowledge of a
majority of the base population. It certainly could not have happened with
out my knowledge. I was cop on the base at the time! Even if I were not
directly involved, I would have known that 'something' happened!

My wife is also a retired SMSgt, and she also remembers no such incident at
RAF Bentwaters.

That does not mean that there were no UFO incidents at RAF Bentwaters.
There were two that I was personally involved in.

Both incidents occurred on the back gate of Woodbridge. This gate was open
during the day, and for brief periods during the night for shift change.
Woodbridge was mostly housing, and we would open the gate during shift
change so folks could come and go between home and job during shift change.

The gate sits out at the end of the runway at Woodbridge. It is isolated,
dark, surrounded by woods, and a little lonely.

One night the guard on the gate saw something in the air off the end of the
runway. I don't remember the guard's name. He was young, new at the time,
and as I remember he can be best described as skinny, goofy, and more than a
little bit gullible.

I was the Law Enforcement patrol on Woodbridge, and was sent out to check
into what he saw. What I saw was a bright object floating on the horizon
off the end of the Woodbridge runway. As best as I can remember that would
be to the Southeast. The object appeared to be flashing red-green-white.
The object just seemed to float there.

At first I thought it was an aircraft on final approach, as it was in the
direction that landing aircraft would come from. We called into the desk
and had them check with base operations. Base operations told us that there
were no aircraft on final, and no aircraft on radar. We continued to puzzle
over it until a pilot driving through the gate stopped and told us that what
we were looking at was the planet Mars.

The pilot was an amateur astronomer. At the time we were amused and a
little embarrassed. I have also dabbled in amateur astronomy in the last
few years, and am absolutely positive that what I saw that night was Mars.
The flashing we saw was caused by atmospheric interference between us and
what we were looking at. This is same effect that causes stars to appear to
twinkle. As for the colors, there's a reason they call Mars the red planet.
On many a clear night I have seem the same twinkling red object, both with
the naked eye and my Meade ETX telescope.

So much for the first incident.

Cops have a tendency towards practical jokes. Practical jokes are a
tradition in the Security Police that at times approaches the status of high
art.

I few nights after the 'Mars Incident' I pulled a rather good one on the
same gate guard. It was during an exercise, so I was not alone, as was
normal for the Woodbridge Law Enforcement patrol. As I remember there were
three of us.

Like I said, the back gate at Woodbridge is out all by itself at the end of
the runway. Just before you got to the gate there were a couple of
revetments surrounded by high dirt berms. These berms would hide anything
in them from the gate guard's view.

It was dark, and a little foggy. I shut off my headlights and drove my
patrol car into one of those revetments. We stuck several military issue
flashlights out of the windows, pointing upwards. We simply pointed the
flashlights upwards and rolled up the windows to hold them in position.
These military flashlights come with several different color lenses in a
screw on compartment on the end of the light. These lenses come in red,
amber, blue, green and a white opaque color. Most of us carried spare
flashlights with us, so we could stick several flashlights out the windows
with different colored lenses.

Leaving my headlights off I turned on the overheads lights, which on
American cop cars are red and blue. We then proceeded to drive the car in
slow circles while making weird noises over the PA system. Remember, there
was a light fog, which was the key to the joke's success, as each light
appeared in the fog as a moving beam of light.

The kid on the gate freaked. The response to his call for help was quite
gratifying. Since I was the patrolman on Woodbridge at the time, I was
detailed to respond to the gate guard's call. We just shut off the lights,
and waited a little while to make the kid think we were coming from the main
part of Woodbridge before rolling up to the gate to see what was wrong.

This was one of the more successful and hysterical practical jokes I
participated in during my eleven years as a cop. One thing; I frankly don't
remember if we ever told the guy what really happened.

I had no idea this little prank had blown up to this magnitude, and it is
logical to assume that this joke was the seed that started the whole thing.

This happened more than 20 years a go, and the more I think of it the more
details I remember. For one thing, the original 'incident' might have gone
one for a couple of days. In other words, the mysterious flashing light
might have been visible for a couple of days before it was identified as
Mars.

For another, I although I remember pulling the stunt, it was one of my
better ones, so it sticks in my memory, I don't remember exactly how much
trouble my UFO actually caused. In those days the USAF had two different
AFSC's (Air Force Specialty Codes) in the Security Police, Law Enforcement
(812X0) and Security (811X0). The Law Enforcement and Security functions
were in the same squadron, but operated pretty much independently. Law
Enforcement had an LE Desk on one part of the base, while Security had two
CSC's (Central Security Control), one on Bentwaters, and one on Woodbridge.

Law Enforcement and Security used separate radio frequencies, although all
our radios had the ability to switch between all LE and Security radios. It
is entirely possible that Security sent an SRT (Security Response Team) out
to check on my UFO.

Of the three names mentioned, Burroughs, Cabansag and Penniston, only
Cabansag is remotely familiar to me. This would be understandable if they
were security troops, as I was not familiar with many of the lower ranking
security folks, and I'm terrible with names anyway. The fact that one of
these guys was armed with an M-16 is further indication that he was
security, as Law Enforcement was armed only with .38 caliber revolvers.

One thing is certain. I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters at the time, and in
a position to know any and all weird incidents that may have occurred.

The only UFO incidents that occurred during my tour were ones I participated
in. The only alien that landed was Mrs. Conde's little boy Kevin.

This is the truth, the details are the best I can remember after more than
20 years, and I'll take a polygraph on that.

Kevin Conde
SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
[End]

So Bentwaters doesn't figure in the events after all. I have a feeling I must have seen that documentary at some time but there have been a lot of programmes about Rendlesham. Obviously strange gaps in memory could have been caused by the UFO or by some mind control operation. The latter could be aimed at creating false memories of a UFO or wiping genuine memories of it. Doesn't tell us much except that a lot of odd things were going on! You have so much information. In fact that struck me again, reading bits of Bruni, how much info has emerged. One imagines that if the USAF had wanted to keep a genuine incident secret they would have made a much better job of it.

Mars wasn't involved in the Rendlesham incident, unless the UFO carried aliens from that planet. It was below the horizon.

It is also very difficult to see scintillations from a planet as close as Mars, because it has a relatively large angular diameter in the sky.

One imagines that if the USAF had wanted to keep a genuine incident secret they would have made a much better job...
Absolutely! Overall evidence seems to confirm it really was no big deal snd Halt's memo to the MoD ended up being filed as of, 'No Defence Significance'.

Fair enough..

It's when you recap what the MoD were evidently blissfully unaware of - as were apparently the USAF hierarchy - then we might have a scenario where, dare I suggest, some alarming claims went, 'under the radar'.

For example, why did Hall not immediately emphasise hearing that, 'beams of light' were being reported as being directed downwards near the nuclear Weapons Storage Area?

Perhaps because... Halt - interrupted at an Officer's belated Christmas dinner - statedly set out to resolve the UFO rumours.

Central to his investigations was taking along a Geiger counter.

Presumably because UFOs might leak detectable radiation...

Maybe just a classic case of, 'what if it was an actual, tangible, UFO' incident?

Could be argued, would we have expected anything other than the reaction we see documented. :p

Back