• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I am not ignoring the evidence. All the evidence points towards a complete failure to control anyone's mind. Human neuroscience is simply not advanced enough for that. It is like trying to assemble a billion-piece jigsaw puzzle under a tarpaulin. Some, or many, victims of mind control programs have been affected and damaged by them, some badly, some very badly; but absolutely none have been successfully controlled. Damage is not control.

Or do you disagree with that? Where are the examples of people who have been controlled in a precise fashion rather than just destabilised and disturbed?
I left a link to an article I did many years ago detailing several specific cases where mind control has been employed, in my view. Obviously there is no way of proving anything, but the pattern is clear.

This is a bit of a hijack or side discussion, really, and not relevant to Rendlesham, unless you have any suggestions about how mind 'control' (which I prefer to call mind disruption) may have been utilised in the Rendlesham case.

We have two particularly unusual accounts in the Rendlesham mythos.
The account of Halt, which is related to the famous Halt tape but contradicts it in some ways; most of the strangest phenomena described by Halt are not on the tape, and to be honest no-one else saw them either. Could that be an example of mind disruption by shadowy government officials? I doubt it- there do not seem to have been any attempts or opportunity by the US or UK military to coerce or corrupt Halt's mind.

On the other hand, Penniston's account is only tangentially related to reality; Burroughs and the other witnesses did not see anything of this kind, despite standing next to him. Could this be the result of deliberate interference with his recollection? You might be able to make a case for this - the facts are weird enough - but I think the most likely culprit is the hypnotist or hypnotists he has visited (who would presumably be civilians).

Last edited:
Reactions: BS3
This is a bit of a hijack or side discussion, really, and not relevant to Rendlesham, unless you have any suggestions about how mind 'control' (which I prefer to call mind disruption) may have been utilised in the Rendlesham case.

The account of Halt, which is related to the famous Halt tape but contradicts it in some ways; most of the strangest phenomena described by Halt are not on the tape, and to be honest no-one else saw them either. Could that be an example of mind disruption by shadowy government officials? I doubt it- there do not seem to have been any attempts or opportunity by the US or UK military to coerce or corrupt Halt's mind.

On the other hand, Penniston's account is only tangentially related to reality; Burroughs and the other witnesses did not see anything of this kind, despite standing next to him. Could this be the result of deliberate interference with his recollection? You might be able to make a case for this - the facts are weird enough - but I think the most likely culprit is the hypnotist or hypnotists he has visited (who would presumably be civilians).
If only we could run an experiment in which a group of air force personnel get to witness a staged landing and departure of a 'UFO' and then follow them all over the following years to see how their recall and narratives either remain true to what they were shown or begin to differ and grow to include information that has been either knowingly or otherwise added by one or all of the experiencers.

Fair comments, but regarding Halt I doubt that he himself was subject to mind control: he reported the distorted lights that he saw and I don't think his basic story has changed much over the years. Penniston and Burroughs -- yes, but Penniston was clearly a better subject. The concept of time travelling beings is an interesting twist though. The other people who reported aliens speaking with senior officers etc. were clearly under the influence though.
One more general point regarding early cases: one individual from an eastern bloc country reported that when he was debriefed about the German experiments the officer involved was Donald Keyhoe. I am thinking that the plan to explain the crashes of German technology acquired by the US as extraterrestrial craft may have been thought up even before Roswell, with Keyhoe chosen to stage manage the debate right from the start. Vallee noted evidence that Adamski travelled around the world telling his contact story on a special passport (i.e. with govt. permission), so maybe the whole debate about friendly contactees versus hostile flying saucers was also part of the plan. (It's such a clever and devious plan that I wonder if Kammler was the one who first had the idea.) It seems that Bernard Newman, who had intelligence connections, got some wind of the idea and wrote his book putting forward a different reason for it. I am not saying that all UFOs are black projects but that some likely are.

Ill try and recall the details of my encounter but bear in mind it was 15 plus years ago and I was full of cider at the time.

Gary Heseltine has a new Rendlesham book out:

:Michael Ryan interviews British detective Gary Haseltine about his new book Non-Human. It's his 5 year reinvestigation of the Rendlesham Forest Incident (Britain's Roswell). This is part one of a deep dive into RFI. Gary Heseltine goes over the timeline like never before. It's almost told like a crime scene investigation of a cold case file. Explosive new information is talked about for the first time on any broadcast show in the world:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2010144/12394597

More here, too:

https://www.ufotruthmagazine.co.uk/non-human-the-rendlesham-forest-ufo-incidents/

Gary Heseltine has a new Rendlesham book out:

:Michael Ryan interviews British detective Gary Haseltine about his new book Non-Human. It's his 5 year reinvestigation of the Rendlesham Forest Incident (Britain's Roswell). This is part one of a deep dive into RFI. Gary Heseltine goes over the timeline like never before. It's almost told like a crime scene investigation of a cold case file. Explosive new information is talked about for the first time on any broadcast show in the world:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2010144/12394597

More here, too:

https://www.ufotruthmagazine.co.uk/non-human-the-rendlesham-forest-ufo-incidents/
Sounds very interesting..

More on Rendlesham from Gary Heseltine:

"Episode #29. Part 2 of the interview with British detective Gary Heseltine. Many topics are covered, but here are some of the highlights. Sgt. Penniston and Airman Burroughs both had missing time during the incident. Officers from the Air Force Office of Special Investigations used drugs and intimidation during the interrogation of several of the witnesses. Airman Larry Warren recently took a lie detector test and Gary Heseltine discusses the results."

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2010144/12442603

The zone has well and truly been flooded by assorted cranks and crackpots and misinformation (deliberately so) the narrative is so confused now that it's hard to come up with an opinion tends to happen a lot with subjects they (whoever they are) that they don't want people to look too closely at, flood the zone with different theories get a feed information to a few cranks and crackpots, in the end you have a confused mess that puts most people off

Colonel James Halt appeared on a special recently, stating how puzzled he still is by their experience at Rendlesham.

Some people have excellent memories, especially when it's of something very special -
There are also recordings of Halt speaking during that sighting.
More than 25 years on, I can still recall my sighting quite well.

As we've discussed extensively in this thread, the recordings made by Halt are the best evidence in this case.

However a lot of the things Halt now remembers are not on that tape, so are somewhat less well supported.

As far as I know it is illegal under normal circumstances for a US serviceman or woman to carry
fire arms off their base, the bit at the end about replacing the fired rounds before returning
the gun to the armoury does not ring true, I doubt if a gun would ever be stored loaded.
I suspect this is just someone looking to sell books.

I'm pretty sure that many soldiers have personal firearms that they carry off-base, rather than military issued and logged. Though the legal ramifications might be complex in the UK.

I'm pretty sure that many soldiers have personal firearms that they carry off-base, rather than military issued and logged. Though the legal ramifications might be complex in the UK.
Would have to be locked away in a cabinet at home or in a legal gun club. Only specific police officers and royal protection officers carry firearms in public spaces (farmers may use appropriate guns for vermin control and sport eg clay pigeon shooting but only on private land)

No-one heard any gunfire, on either night (or the night in between). So I suggest this is a misremembering. If (as I suspect) the lights were coming from a mundane ground vehicle (some kind of tractor, for example) then they might have killed someone. Not good.

For me it comes down to do you believe Halt or not ?
I think he is genuine in his recall of what he thinks happened, but as you might recall I am convinced that he was the fall guy for a cover-up of a black project crash. The commander told him to get a small team and go out searching and when they got started it was found that none of the light-alls were working... a key USAF base with nuclear weapons stored and they didn't work? But it just so happened that they did have these night vision devices that (as has been made very plain here) distort what is seen. And what I think they saw was a display by drones (already advanced models by that time) shining lights down at them. There was also a lot of mind control technology in use to convince alleged witnesses to space ships and aliens that that was the real story, plus many accounts from locals of USAF personnel blurting out to locals how aliens had landed there! It is now so obviously disinformation, and it is a tragedy that Halt and other witnesses were never properly debriefed on what really happened there. (I think the local gamekeeper knew but as far as I know he is still alive and I think he stopped his daughter from emailing me when I managed to contact her a while back).

I believe that USAF personnel may carry issued weapons “outside the wire”, as many facilities have multiple locations separated by considerable distance.

US service members may apply for UK Firearm Certificates and/or join local shooting clubs. Those with FACs may store their firearms at their homes (if they live off-base), at their club armoury (with permission) or - again, l believe - at the base armoury.

The report states that the lieutenant fired her “M-16” at the mystery light. Leaving aside the question of whether a soldier would fire her issue weapon at an unidentified orange light in the English countryside (NO!), no-one in the UK would be allowed to own an M-16 privately as it’s a true “assault weapon”, i.e. capable of automatic fire. lt would be a grave offence under s.5 Firearms Act 1968.

My opinion of the story? :bs:

maximus otter

I think he is genuine in his recall of what he thinks happened, but as you might recall I am convinced that he was the fall guy for a cover-up of a black project crash. The commander told him to get a small team and go out searching and when they got started it was found that none of the light-alls were working... a key USAF base with nuclear weapons stored and they didn't work? But it just so happened that they did have these night vision devices that (as has been made very plain here) distort what is seen. And what I think they saw was a display by drones (already advanced models by that time) shining lights down at them. There was also a lot of mind control technology in use to convince alleged witnesses to space ships and aliens that that was the real story, plus many accounts from locals of USAF personnel blurting out to locals how aliens had landed there! It is now so obviously disinformation, and it is a tragedy that Halt and other witnesses were never properly debriefed on what really happened there. (I think the local gamekeeper knew but as far as I know he is still alive and I think he stopped his daughter from emailing me when I managed to contact her a while back).
Interesting theories. However, I have two family members who have served in Iraq with the British Army and trust me, stuff breaking down is commonplace. Indeed, read the exploits of elite SAS troopers (eg 'Bravo Two Zero') and you realise just how much goes wrong on a regular basis and how they have to train for all eventualities. Those light-alls have probably been sitting in a shed for months if not years.

The Rendlesham Forest "UFO" Event of 1980: Why Were Multiple Prisons on the Tip of Evacuation?

Article by Nick Redfern

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2023...e-Multiple-Prisons-on-the-Tip-of-Evacuation-/
This is a truly curious element of these incidents. However, why evacuate the prisons because of 'X" about to happen but not warn the civilian population? After all, prisoners can be locked in their cells if necessary, so what could it be that would require prisoners to be moved but the public to be left to their collective fate?

Might it have been a staffing issue over the Christmas period or even trouble with the power supply, heating or some other aspect of the facility?

This is a truly curious element of these incidents. However, why evacuate the prisons because of 'X" about to happen but not warn the civilian population? After all, prisoners can be locked in their cells if necessary, so what could it be that would require prisoners to be moved but the public to be left to their collective fate?

Might it have been a staffing issue over the Christmas period or even trouble with the power supply, heating or some other aspect of the facility?
That certainly seems more likely.

From that link;
https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2023...e-Multiple-Prisons-on-the-Tip-of-Evacuation-/
...there may have been a worrying possibility that the rumors of hallucinogens released in the woods by a Porton Down team had spread further than was originally planned. Or, at least, those same hallucinogens had the potential to do so. They might have reached HM Hollesley Bay prison – hence the reason for a potential evacuation.
An interesting idea- but complete bullshit I'm afraid. I presume they are talking about an airborne gaseous hallucinogen; this would be a nightmare to administer, even if a trained anaesthetist were present. Remember the Moscow Theatre Siege; the Russian authorities attempted to use a sleeping gas to subdue the hostage-takers, and ended up killing 171 people.

Life is not like the movies - there is a reason the use of nerve gas in warfare has largely been a failure. The use of a hallucinogen or other psychoactive gas would be impossible to use reliably, without the risk of fatalities or severe psychological damage. As an experiment on a friendly airbase in the open air, the risk of death is too high and the delivery systems are too unreliable.

Last edited:
Back