• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Reptilian Aliens

Why do people assume that reptiles are an alien species? They might be hang-overs from the age of the dinosaurs. Perhaps they are a more advanced form of chameleon?
Why assume that class of animals termed reptiles are alien? They are so obviously tied to birds, mammals and amphibians. Other animals on earth appear more alien (to me) than reptiles. Take some of the unusual deep sea creatures: angler fish, viper fish, certain cephalopods, giant isopods.
Alien life may be out there. However the chance of them ever making it to earth are slim. Unless they're looking for earth girls, he he.

I remember back when I was a teen and I started to get into aliens and stuff I'd run into this often, me I'm skeptic but I'd like to know if you think that they are real and if you don't what would you do if you seen one right in front of you?

Well this "reptile thing" was captured on film in a TV ghost show, it's very faint and you might have to adjust your monitor contrast/brightness to see it.
At first it looks like a human crawling from right to left, then seems to drop onto its belly and slither off like a giant slug-

"Unfortunately"?! Personally I hope he never has any evidence for his wild claims.
Well, I would like some real evidence for aliens. But, yes, Icke's reptilians don't sound that nice.

Well, I would like some real evidence for aliens. But, yes, Icke's reptilians don't sound that nice.

Ah, I get you. But the benevolent space brothers were old hat by the 1960s, Close Encounters of the Third Kind notwithstanding.

The whole Reptilian alien thing imho is a load of crap. And I'm referring to the Icke claims that some elites are shape-shifting aliens. It would be very simple to get some dna samples and check to see what turns up.
None of these claims have ever turned out to be anything and Icke has , of course, never presented any evdence at all.
Regarding the possibility of actual aliens that are reptilian in nature...I suppose such a thing is possible in the Galaxy at large..but there is absolutely nothing to show that's the case.

btw..I looked at that Paranormal Lockdown video above.,,,,that's not evidence of anything other than a possible shadow.
It is amazing that people place any credence in that junk at all. btw...I used to watch the show with my wife ...while both of us liked the people involved, the show is utter nonsense...as all of those are.

Yes that crawling reptile thing could just be a prankster.
As I said, we might have to adjust our monitor contrast/brightness to see it, here's a still from the vid-

par-lockdn-asylum_zpsm12lc6lq.jpg~original

And here I've outlined it for clarity-
ghosty_zpsvsqzsfdk.jpg~original

PS- I think I might be part-reptilian; I've got an underactive thyroid and often feel cold and sluggish and am looking forward to summer when I can bask on warm rocks along the Plymouth seafront..

Last edited:
^ I assume you are joking.....

;)

I am gonna put in my 2 bits on this issue.

Do I think David Icke's reptile theory is bunkum? Yes, and frankly I am surprised that there hasn't been a class action of accused rich alleged "reptilians" suing him for defamation. The potential for Icke's cultists to band together into a witch hunt should not be underplayed, and he shouldn't be allowed to make such outrageous accusations without offering any evidence beyond blurry slit eye photos and people with nervous dry mouths in interviews. If there were genuine reptilians among us, then their physiology would be notably different, and they would certainly have skeletal differences. Now Icke claims that the reptiles have infiltrated our elites "They Live" style, and are able to protect themselves from any physical examinations as a result. I find that unlikely, as even the rich die by misadventure. I will bet a huge sum that there aren't any reptile skeletons in the wreck of the Titanic for example, or in any plane crashes. In fact I would go so far as to say I think that reptilian shapechangers would probably totally avoid humanity, especially its elites, for fear that the increased scrutiny may lead to their discovery.

As an aside, Robert E. Howard's "King Kull" stories featured infiltration of Atlantean civilization by Reptilians, but they could be detected by way of a shibboleth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shibboleth , namely that the Reptiles simply couldn't say "Ka nama kaa Lajerama". I wonder if David Icke can say it?

Now it is clear that many human civilizations have revered reptiles in one form or another. Whether Nagas, Dragons, Cecrops of Athens, The snake in Eden, the serpents on the Cadeuceus etc etc, or the plenitude of deities that have reptilian aspects and manifestations, clearly humans saw that reptiles were efficient killers, scary to look at, and poison seemed like magic to them, consequently they were subject to totemic worship so that primitive humans could absorb their power and become more like them.

Then there is the notion that reptilian humanoids are actually aliens. Again, no proof, but if we are to assume for a moment that this was remotely possible, we have the chameleon as an example of a color changing reptile, but I don't see anything else about the physiology of reptiles that lends itself to mimicking the physiology of other animals, let alone humanity. If I wanted to go full outre for a moment, I could speculate that this reptilian alien species may have left Earth in FTL ships to colonize other planets, then returned to encounter a changed Earth via the time dilation effects of relativity. A bit like Planet of the Apes, but where the reptiles arrived back on earth to discover their civilization gone and humans in its place. So what do they do? They make contact with any remnant Reptilians and begin terraforming our planet back to the hot and humid place it was when they left through encouraging humans to adopt self destructive technologies that produce ...oh noes... Global Warming! And then, they put chemicals in jumbo jets to chemtrail sterilize the human population (but not the reptiles)! Conspiracy! The real and more insidious threat is how they infiltrated US national and state budget committees and destroyed the education system, or how they infiltrated the Churches of the USA and encouraged people not to accept science, despite the fact that science works and religion is a failure.

Also...I don't see David Icke freaking out about the infiltration of our society by piscine or avian humanoid shapechangers, but they are at least as plentiful in mythology as reptilians.

If there is any truth to what Icke says, it is this... When he was supposedly introduced to the revelation of the "reptiles among us" by his psychic friend, I don't think he really understood what he was experiencing. What if, rather than actual reptiles, what he was discovering were humans whose brain patterns aren't very mammalian, and are driven primarily by the reptilian parts of the human brain as a result? That reptilian brain, known as the triune brain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain governs some bad behavior such as aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays. Citation needed, lol. So what if what Icke experienced were the brain signatures of the psychopaths among us? We can be certain that due to a lack of empathy and conscience, there are plenty of psychopaths who are engaged in pretty heinous activities, and who rise to power. One might even say that this is pretty alpha-human behavior, that is visible in politics, warfare, and commerce, as well as office politics. Now if Icke had said that humanity needs to do more to keep psychopaths out of power, I would have agreed, but instead he tells us that reptilian humanoids walk among us, which is idiotic.

Last edited:
Now it is clear that many human civilizations have revered reptiles in one form or another. Whether Nagas, Dragons, Cecrops of Athens, The snake in Eden, the serpents on the Cadeuceus etc etc, or the plenitude of deities that have reptilian aspects and manifestations, clearly humans saw that reptiles were efficient killers, scary to look at, and poison seemed like magic to them, consequently they were subject to totemic worship so that primitive humans could absorb their power and become more like them.

It's also worth noting that snakes (and likely other reptiles) were seen, by many cultures, across large stretches of time, as either literally immortal or symbolic of death and rebirth, because of their skin-shedding. And while I've not really seen much evidence, I suppose you could also extrapolate certain reptiles' ability to regrow severed limbs as factoring into that association as well.

So there's plenty of reasons for reptiles, and snakes in particular, to have been revered, feared, or otherwise held up as something "other", rather than any nonsense around reptilian aliens.

And while I think your "reptilian brain" argument is an interesting and sound one, I also think it's incredibly charitable towards Icke - the far more likely explanation being that he's talking cobblers. I do think there's potential for an excellent sci-fi story in your reptilian global warming conspiracy, though!

On the lack of people suing him for defamation, I suppose it would be such an insane case as to not be worth pursuing. Imagine having to stand in a court of law and provide proof that you're not a secret shape-shifting reptile! All it would accomplish was to draw more attention to what he's saying and, particularly amongst those already inclined to believe, a sense of "methinks he doth protest too much" - when you're as deep down the conspiracy rabbit hole as Icke, any attempt to debunk you just acts as further proof to support your theory, because of course the legal establishment would rule on the side of the reptilians!

As for rich people dying through misadventure - if you spend any time over at the David Icke forums, you'll learn very quickly that his believers seem to not remotely believe in coincidence or happenstance. Every celebrity death is evidence of some Illuminati conspiracy or other, every tragedy or accident a government cover-up or false flag operation. You'd be hard pressed to find an example of a wealthy elite dying through misadventure that they hadn't already concocted an alternative explanation for.

It's also worth noting that snakes (and likely other reptiles) were seen, by many cultures, across large stretches of time, as either literally immortal or symbolic of death and rebirth, because of their skin-shedding. And while I've not really seen much evidence, I suppose you could also extrapolate certain reptiles' ability to regrow severed limbs as factoring into that association as well.

I agree with literally everything you have written here Yossarian, and thanks for reminding me about snakes shedding their skin being treated as a symbol for death and rebirth. I have certainly read it before, but totally forgot about it. :pcheers:

If there is any truth to what Icke says, it is this... When he was supposedly introduced to the revelation of the "reptiles among us" by his psychic friend, I don't think he really understood what he was experiencing. What if, rather than actual reptiles, what he was discovering were humans whose brain patterns aren't very mammalian, and are driven primarily by the reptilian parts of the human brain as a result? That reptilian brain, known as the triune brain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain governs some bad behavior such as aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays. Citation needed, lol. So what if what Icke experienced were the brain signatures of the psychopaths among us? We can be certain that due to a lack of empathy and conscience, there are plenty of psychopaths who are engaged in pretty heinous activities, and who rise to power. One might even say that this is pretty alpha-human behavior, that is visible in politics, warfare, and commerce, as well as office politics. Now if Icke had said that humanity needs to do more to keep psychopaths out of power, I would have agreed, but instead he tells us that reptilian humanoids walk among us, which is idiotic.

Now that is a frickin' interesting post. Far more fascinating, and scary, than yer actual alien geezers.

Top post (sorry my kudos is almost 6 months late)

i’m not even gonna lie , “ i’d s#*t all over myself “ :yeahthat:

The necessity to create wars, that always benefit the elite not the common man, is a recurring theme through history. If someone told me an outside influence played a part in this, I'd give that serious consideration.

After the defeat of Nazi Germany, their industrialists, scientists and secret agents were very quickly integrated into American society.

The necessity to create wars, that always benefit the elite not the common man, is a recurring theme through history. If someone told me an outside influence played a part in this, I'd give that serious consideration.

We really don't need an alien presence to explain the human drive to go to war. The notion that wars only benefit the elites would also be incorrect, in an historical context. To be certain, wars benefit the elites far more than less wealthy citizens, but that is not to say that ordinary citizens don't benefit from increased opportunities from successful wars too. Of late, wars have been a lot less beneficial to ordinary people, but that is to do with the professionalization of the military. War in general is becoming increasingly obsolete, as raw material are the only real benefits from war, and post-industrial societies are intellectual property based, and while they need raw materials, they need them far less, and have more ways to obtain them. If anything, THAT seems more like the work of aliens.

After the defeat of Nazi Germany, their industrialists, scientists and secret agents were very quickly integrated into American society.

Most people know about the USA's Operation Paperclip https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
Not also the other operational keywords like Applepie, Ashcan, Dustbin, Eclipse and Safehaven.

Fewer people know about Britain's T-Force and the Enemy Personnel Exploitation Section:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2007/aug/29/sciencenews.secondworldwar

The British Archives on the matter:
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C1262856

Then there was the USSR's Operation Osoaviakhim: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Osoaviakhim

It seems neither Italy nor France were in a position to seek these opportunities, as their economies and armed forces were in tatters.

There was a concerted effort to grab as many German scientists as possible, as that was a period when nuclear secrets were at a premium, and the Germans were certainly developing atomic weapons. Of course the Nazis were also developing rocketry, and new industrial tech that was worth grabbing. So yes, there was a strong drive to acquire ex-Nazi expertise and integrate it into the social order of the victors, and the USA was the least candid about it.

We really don't need an alien presence to explain the human drive to go to war. The notion that wars only benefit the elites would also be incorrect, in an historical context. To be certain, wars benefit the elites far more than less wealthy citizens, but that is not to say that ordinary citizens don't benefit from increased opportunities from successful wars too. Of late, wars have been a lot less beneficial to ordinary people, but that is to do with the professionalization of the military. War in general is becoming increasingly obsolete, as raw material are the only real benefits from war, and post-industrial societies are intellectual property based, and while they need raw materials, they need them far less, and have more ways to obtain them. If anything, THAT seems more like the work of aliens.

Most people know about the USA's Operation Paperclip https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
Not also the other operational keywords like Applepie, Ashcan, Dustbin, Eclipse and Safehaven.

Fewer people know about Britain's T-Force and the Enemy Personnel Exploitation Section:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2007/aug/29/sciencenews.secondworldwar

The British Archives on the matter:
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C1262856

Then there was the USSR's Operation Osoaviakhim: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Osoaviakhim

It seems neither Italy nor France were in a position to seek these opportunities, as their economies and armed forces were in tatters.

There was a concerted effort to grab as many German scientists as possible, as that was a period when nuclear secrets were at a premium, and the Germans were certainly developing atomic weapons. Of course the Nazis were also developing rocketry, and new industrial tech that was worth grabbing. So yes, there was a strong drive to acquire ex-Nazi expertise and integrate it into the social order of the victors, and the USA was the least candid about it.

I must have got very mixed up - I thought even the simpler missiles were coming in at a 100,000 a pop - someone must be benefiting big time when they get used. A longer range strike must be like Christmas and your birthday coming at once (financially). Though I can see how developing the technologies is where the real gravy is.

I must have got very mixed up - I thought even the simpler missiles were coming in at a 100,000 a pop - someone must be benefiting big time when they get used. A longer range strike must be like Christmas and your birthday coming at once (financially). Though I can see how developing the technologies is where the real gravy is.

Without doubt, munitions have always been good business. On the other hand, as an industry they certainly keep a lot of people employed, and living with a decent car and house and making enough money to send the kids to college. My grand parents worked at McDonald Douglas plant back in the day and it certainly helped put my mom thru college. The US Govt's Cold War spending kept that side of the family well off, even though they were only middle management. This is the point I suppose I am trying to make. Now consider how many positions the British Foreign Office could offer youngsters seeking to make their fortunes in the colonies? It wasn't all about shooting people, but about providing the expertise to manage the colonial occupation that provides the dividends for the less-than-filthy rich. Then there is the time honored practice of looting. During war time this goes on far more than is generally reported, and isn't a rich man's game so much these days. Your rich man gets a Haliburton contract worth millions to rebuild a ruined city, while your grunt gets to loot nice things on the sly and fedex them home.

In terms of the (incredibly low figure of) $100,000 spent on a missile, you have to remember that a percentage gets spent on the machinery required to make the parts and the maintenance. Then there is the money spent on the person who does the maintenance. Then there is the wage of the person who manages the production line. Then there is the packing and logistics and all that personnel. Then there is the whole management system, including sales and admin. This is without even mentioning all the development staff. Of course the real money is made in the shareholding. That $100,000 missile "pie" gets split many ways and feeds a lot of people.

This is what I mean by the common man doing okay out of war.

Of course as Buddha says, weapons are tools of ill omen, and they will all hope that in supporting their nations' military ascendency that they will make sufficiently good weapons that they won't get invaded or nuked by bad leaders choosing the wrong war. Leaders are never immune to the repercussions of failure. On the other hand it isn't the political leaders but the industrialists and investors who make bank on war, and because they aren't nearly so famous, it is unlikely that even if their nation lose the war that the very rich will suffer so very badly provided they swallow their pride and capitulate, then get back to making money.

In the modern era, the term Reptile is monophyletic, which means that a true reptile has to be an Earth animal descended from amphibians and with certain well defined characteristics (not including breasts). So that means there can be no alien reptilians in the modern sense of the term.

In older usages, the term 'reptile' meant anything that crawled on its belly, thereby including a wide range of creatures, including frogs, worms and insects. Interestingly enough, this definition excludes most kinds of dinosaurs, and, of course, any aliens which are erect bipeds.

From a taxonomic point of view, the term 'reptilian' is a crock.

Last edited:
In the modern era, the term Reptile is monophyletic, which means that a true reptile has to be an Earth animal descended from amphibians and with certain well defined characteristics (not including breasts). So that means there can be no alien reptilians in the modern sense of the term.

In older usages, the term 'reptile' meant anything that crawled on its belly, thereby including a wide range of creatures, including frogs, worms and insects. Interestingly enough, this definition excludes most kinds of dinsasurs, and, of course, any aliens which are erect bipeds.

I guess if you were an advanced alien species of a reptilian nature - you'd look upon all of that with derision.

In the modern era, the term Reptile is monophyletic, which means that a true reptile has to be an Earth animal descended from amphibians and with certain well defined characteristics ...
In older usages, the term 'reptile' meant anything that crawled on its belly, thereby including a wide range of creatures ...

I guess if you were an advanced alien species of a reptilian nature - you'd look upon all of that with derision.

I agree with eburacum with respect to formal taxonomic allusions.

Applying the descriptor 'reptilian' to what is explicitly claimed to be an extraterrestrial organism can only be taken as an analogy rather than a positive identification or classification.

Fahrenheit 451's allusions to 'reptilian nature' would seem to be the key issue here.

If 'reptilian aliens' are not terran reptiles per se, what is it about their characteristics that make terra-bound humans call them 'reptilian'?

It was a rather crude point (sorry) but the likelihood is that other species look upon us with a fair degree of condescension - we can't stop fighting each other or destroying our environment, so I doubt we get much respect.

I agree with eburacum with respect to formal taxonomic allusions.

Applying the descriptor 'reptilian' to what is explicitly claimed to be an extraterrestrial organism can only be taken as an analogy rather than a positive identification or classification.

Fahrenheit 451's allusions to 'reptilian nature' would seem to be the key issue here.

If 'reptilian aliens' are not terran reptiles per se, what is it about their characteristics that make terra-bound humans call them 'reptilian'?
Scales?

Scales are found on terran moths, butterflies, birds, and mammals in addition to reptiles.

The primary question is what specific feature(s) make folks describe certain alleged aliens as 'reptilian'. The secondary question is whether these descriptions are intended to mean such purported aliens are taxonomic reptiles or simply reptile look-alikes.

Back