• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Research help finding picture

Ringo

I like to not get involved in these matters
Hi everyone,

I need help trying to find an image online. I have seen it before (twice I think) but can't find it now.

I am looking for an image of a building facade. It's a café called Mon Cheri which was located on Kungsgatan, Stockholm during the 1980's. It was wall to wall with the cinema called Saga (Biograf Saga in Swedish) which still stands.

The image I have seen is B&W and I think it was actually a picture of the cinema but you could see the café next door. The name is written in a cursive style - like handwriting.

This café is linked to the Palme murder case and it may have been buried in amongst pages of text on some website somewhere. I really need to find it so please help me. All you budding detectives out there - get cracking! Thanks guys.

Um, you may need to be a bit more specific.

How well could you see the cafe? I can find a few images which show the buildings next store, but in B&W it's difficult to see what they are....

Here's one

Hi Mercury,

Thanks for helping. I found that image too.

The image I have seen is more or less straight on to the building at a distance of probably 20 - 30 feet. I think you can see about half of the window of the café (it's on the right) and the words Mon Cheri are very large and legible above the window. They are in white or a very pale colour.

I know I have seen it but stupidly, I didn't bookmark it. I also seem to think that it wasn't an image search that revealed it. I think it was in amongst some text.

The thing is that one of the chief suspects in the murder enquiry was seen at this café only minutes before the murder. The café is about a 3 minute walk from the murder scene. He then apparently returned here and went into the cinema to get lost in a crowd. The Palme murder case is so widely investigated that there must be an image somewhere of this café. The police, journalists and even members of the public must have nosied around. This is driving me crazy.

Anyone else been trying or is it just me and Mercury trying to crack the case?

I think there's even a Thunderbird lying on the pavement.

;)

I spoke to the author of a few books about the murder and he also has a very extensive website. He said that he has never seen an image of the café.

I'm SURE i saw it online and even mentioned to my wife that I had seen it. I just don't know where else to look.

If anyone tried to find it, then thanks.

Mercury - thanks again for the help. I realised the image you and I found was from a twon called Gävle (about 2 hrs drive north of Stockholm).

So, I officially give up. Maybe.

Well, now that this thread is on here, you might see it bumped within, oh, say, 10 years.

It will either be someone who found the picture, or someone else looking for it.

My experience suggests the latter. :D

Back