Rest In Peace: The R.I.P. Thread

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score
An alligator who survived World War Two in Berlin and was rumoured - wrongly - to have belonged to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler has died in Moscow Zoo.

"Yesterday morning, our Mississippi alligator Saturn died of old age. He was about 84 years old - an extremely respectable age," the zoo said.

Saturn was gifted to Berlin Zoo in 1936 soon after he was born in the US. He escaped the zoo being bombed in 1943.

British soldiers found him three years later and gave him to the Soviet Union.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52784240

Hana Kimura, a professional Japanese wrestler who appeared in the latest series of Netflix's reality show Terrace House, has died at the age of 22.

Stardom Wrestling, Kimura's organisation, confirmed the news and asked fans to be respectful.

The cause of death was not immediately clear.

Shortly before she died, she issued a series of troubling social media posts implying she had been cyber-bullied.

The most recent update on her Instagram story on Friday featured a photo of her with her cat, with a caption that read "goodbye".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52782235

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
An all rounder passes on.

Andrew S. Mousalimas accomplished many great feats during his long life, most notably being a World War II Office of Strategic Services veteran, Purple Heart recipient and Congressional Gold Medal recipient. But there was always one part of his life that people gravitated to most.

He was an original founder of fantasy football while living in Oakland.

"What he did in the Second World War was amazing, but when people find out about fantasy football, being a war hero takes a back seat to fantasy football for most people," said San Joaquin County Superintendent of Schools James Mousalimas, Andrew's son. "It is pretty funny."

Andrew Mousalimas passed away this past week in a Manteca hospital at the age of 95.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...-mousalimas-dies-at-95-in-manteca/ar-BB14xaG0

Krepostnoi

Almost uniquely humourless
Reaction score
A more important accomplishment, IMHO.

maximus otter
So he was sort of like Steven Tyler who created not only Aerosmith but then also Liv Tyler.
Interesting how you red-blooded males are crediting the fathers of these women you're attracted to. We're an accepting, broad-minded crowd here. Is there anything you'd like to share? :evil:

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Another one of those familiar "that guy" actors has passed away.

‘Unforgiven’ Actor Anthony James Dies at 77

Anthony James, an actor best-known for his work in the Oscar-winning films “In The Heat of the Night” and “Unforgiven,” died on May 26 of cancer in Massachusetts. He was 77.
Born Jimmy Anthony, he discovered there was already an actor with that name and created his stage persona of Anthony James, according to his obituary. James had a career in the arts that spanned five decades, focusing on acting in his early years and later shifting to writing and painting.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/anthony-james-dead-dies-unforgiven-actor-1234619403/

Although best known for work in movies like High Plains Drifter and Unforgiven he also made a memorable comedy turn as a hitman in Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
He was apparently a really nice guy, but just had one of those faces that were perfect for playing scum. It's not such a bad thing to have a niche as an actor, though. He was very busy for a long while. RIP.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I remember him! RIP

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I think I'd make a brilliant gay man except for the factor that I don't fancy men .. which is an important requisite.
I used to WISH I was gay. Would have saved me a lot of trouble. A LOT.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
He was apparently a really nice guy, but just had one of those faces that were perfect for playing scum. It's not such a bad thing to have a niche as an actor, though. He was very busy for a long while. RIP.
His first and last screen appearances were in films that won Best Picture Oscars - In the Heat of the Night and Unforgiven. A nice way to bookend a career.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I used to WISH I was gay. Would have saved me a lot of trouble. A LOT.
I’ve had my ups and downs between marriages but I love the Ladies and I had a good first marriage (until the very end) and now I have my second wife. I’ve been quite lucky and I am more than happy that I wasn’t born Gay

ChasFink

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I think I'd make a brilliant gay man except for the factor that I don't fancy men .. which is an important requisite.
Kind of reminds me of a dream I had about a lesbian friend of mine. She had fallen in love with a man, and all her other friends, many of them gay, seemed extremely happy for her. I just couldn't understand it. When I asked her about him, she enthusiastically carried on about all his positive traits, finishing with "...and I love everything about him except his penis."