Rest In Peace: The R.I.P. Thread

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Probably the reason a lot of us are on the internet.

Affordable computing pioneer and inventor of the pocket calculator. If not for the accursed C5 which turned him into a joke figure, he would be better remembered. But he made a real difference. RIP.
He was quite a good poker player too, I remember watching him on 'Late Night Poker, alongside 'The Devilfish', Victoria Coren Mitchell and Zac Goldsmith.
He was also chairman of Brithish MENSA 1980-1997

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Died at the age of 81. ZX81. Coincidence...?

More seriously, he helped to pioneer electric vehicles. Sadly this was at a time when batteries just weren't suited to the task.
R.I.P. Sir Clive ... and by Brother in law wrote Daily Thompson's Decathalon (or however that's spelled) for the Sinclair Spectrum 48K amongst other games .. I've just sent him this music video tribute because his game's in it ..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Can't find an obit but Patti Hammond of the Top of the Pops dance troupe Legs & Co has apparently died, aged 71. She was the Chinese lady. RIP.
You're quick! It hasn't hit the news yet.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Former England Football Star Jimmy Greaves has died aged 81. RIP.
I was lucky enough to meet Jimmy on a few charity occasions when he was half a stand up comedy pair, by then he was enjoying a couple of pints and had obviously overcome the alcohol related issues that bedevilled him when he was younger. Later on his son managed Witham Town Football Club and my son played for them during that period so we used to see Jimmy at the ground and in the clubhouse on occasions.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to meet Jimmy on a few charity occasions when he was half a stand up comedy pair, by then he was enjoying a couple of pints and had obviously overcome the alcohol related issues that bedevilled him when he was younger. Later on his son managed Witham Town Football Club and my son played for them during that period so we used to see Jimmy at the ground and in the clubhouse on occasions.
I didn't know Saint and Greavsie were a comedy act :p

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Saint and Greavsie? I seem to remember caricatures of the two of them. The ex's heroes!

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Saint and Greavsie? I seem to remember caricatures of the two of them. The ex's heroes!
Saint wasn’t involved, it was a while after their double act on TV. I can’t remember the name of the other guy but he was the straight one feeding Greavesie the lines.

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I thought Jimmy Greaves died at some point last year. Who am I muddling him up with?

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Peter Graves maybe? But he died in about 2010 I think.

Floyd1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
And now RIP John Challis, Boycie from Only Fools and Horses, he also appeared in Dr who amongst many other things. He recently cancelled the tour of his one man show due to ill health.
Oh no.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
And now RIP John Challis, Boycie from Only Fools and Horses, he also appeared in Dr who amongst many other things. He recently cancelled the tour of his one man show due to ill health.

Really sad. I've been enjoying the re-runs of OFAH for the 40th anniversary of the show.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Former England Football Star Jimmy Greaves has died aged 81. RIP.
Aww shit .. he stayed at a hotel the Mrs used to manage and she scored his autograph for me that I've still got .. it reads "******** , stay lucky!" .. she said he was a lovely bloke, I never got to meet him. R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves. X

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I saw him on a special about OFAH the other day and he mentioned he has had to cancel he tour.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Did you work on World of Sport??
Capture6a.JPG

Which one are you Scarg? :thought:

Last edited: