• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Richard D Hall: A British Alex Jones?

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Just listened to a BBC R4 report, concerning a UK version of Alex Jones - Richard D Hall, who reckons that the terrorist outrages are staged! Especially the Manchester Arena bombing, he makes a nice little earner from DVD and book sales, as well as a growing You Tube following of conspiracy nutters.
He's proud of tracking down survivors of the outrage, even to those disabled for life, to film them and 'witness' any signs of fakery!

I believe this unpleasant individual has been cited as a reliable source of explanation concerning the Madelein McCann case. So I'd re-consider him as a reliable source ... or should we cherry-pick his pronouncements to suit?

...I believe this unpleasant individual has been cited as a reliable source of explanation concerning the Madelein McCann case. So I'd re-consider him as a reliable source ... or should we cherry-pick his pronouncements to suit?

Yup - I red flagged him at post #1, 777 (etc) on the thread we have on that subject. I dare say he's been called out before. He's clearly viewed by some as a reliable source on every subject he covers (which represents a very extensive portfolio of interests) - God help us.

What's his motivation, though? It's American gun nuts who deny that any of them are ever responsible for massacres; so is Hall a Muslim extremist? Or does he just do it for fun?

Horrible behaviour. Those poor people. They have survived a terrorist attack, sometimes with very severe injuries only to be stalked by zealots determined to prove they are lying. I hope the person getting ready to bring a libel case against him is successful.

What's his motivation, though? It's American gun nuts who deny that any of them are ever responsible for massacres; so is Hall a Muslim extremist? Or does he just do it for fun?
I have followed Rich for many years and seen him speak a few times and agree with Neil Sanders (quoted in the article) that he started off okay but has fallen down the rabbit hole of believing more and more outlandish theories. I think he may actually believe it and think that he is performing some sort of service. But then also, the weird stuff does sell..

Agreed. Profit motive combined with infantile need to see himself "followed" and zero morals.
Since the rise of social media "likes", "followers" etc. I think a whole generation have grown to consider such transient and insubstantial things as validation. If you can't be famous on TV, in the arts or in sport, you can at least be famous on social media. The 'trick' has become how to make money from such things; You Tube practically set the standards but looks like they're pulling the rug on small-time creatives while boosting the income on content farmers, influencers and the like.

There's also this specimen, Chris Spivey. I had a look at his website some time ago and felt like I needed a bath in disinfectant afterwards.

Lee Rigby internet troll spared jail​

• Published
      27 August 2015

An internet troll who claimed the murder of Lee Rigby was a conspiracy has been spared jail.
Christopher Spivey, of Rochford, Essex, posted a series of comments on social media saying that Fusilier Rigby's killing was made up to provoke anti-Islamic feelings.
At Chelmsford Magistrates' Court, the 52-year-old denied harassment and sending grossly offensive messages.
He was given a six month prison term suspended for two years.
Fusilier Rigby, from Greater Manchester, was murdered as he returned to his barracks in Woolwich, south-east London, on 22 May 2013.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34075075

Rich has posted a load of stuff in response to this. Don't have time to go through it just now but I will post the link to the written response and there is a video too.

https://www.richplanet.net/panorama.php
That was mainly just a copy and paste of the email exchange he had with Marianna Spring. The BBC1 programme is on BBC1 tonight at 8pm and there is a series of podcasts available here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001dn64

I've cleared my diary. :popc:

Horrible behaviour. Those poor people. They have survived a terrorist attack, sometimes with very severe injuries only to be stalked by zealots determined to prove they are lying. I hope the person getting ready to bring a libel case against him is successful.

I have followed Rich for many years and seen him speak a few times and agree with Neil Sanders (quoted in the article) that he started off okay but has fallen down the rabbit hole of believing more and more outlandish theories. I think he may actually believe it and think that he is performing some sort of service. But then also, the weird stuff does sell..
I have emailed Neil Sanders in the past (regarding Manson). Nice chap. Sanders that is.

Suddenly reminded of a line of dialogue from The Damned's Machine Gun Etiquette: "Nibbled to death by an opaki."

I have emailed Neil Sanders in the past (regarding Manson). Nice chap. Sanders that is.
His two books on mind control - Your Thoughts Are Not Your Own - are brilliant. I bought them a few years ago at one of Rich's talks, thinking they would be a bit differently sane but not a single example he gave was a conspiracy theory, it was all stuff we already know. Fascinating and scary. Did you get the Manson book? I didn't get it as it sounded a bit convoluted and I am not interested enough.

Apparently on Wednesday at 8.30.
Great. Much more civilised than faffing about with iplayer. :) I hope it is good after all this anticipation. :chuckle: I listened to the entire podcast series I link to above in post 12 and that was really good.

His two books on mind control - Your Thoughts Are Not Your Own - are brilliant. I bought them a few years ago at one of Rich's talks, thinking they would be a bit differently sane but not a single example he gave was a conspiracy theory, it was all stuff we already know. Fascinating and scary. Did you get the Manson book? I didn't get it as it sounded a bit convoluted and I am not interested enough.
I didn't Min. I think I was a bit 'Manson'd out' at the time. I shall however consider the books you mention on your recommendation.
I remember Sanders talking about the Beatles on Rich Hall's show. That was interesting. Basically saying that they couldn't have achieved what they did without 'help'. I shall attempt to find that and watch it again as it was a few years ago that I saw it and the old memory isn't what it was.
Well, it never was what it was, if you know what I mean.

It was shown a couple of days ago in England. He doesn’t come across well. Refuses to answer questions & gets his video cam out to film the reporter whilst he’s being filmed at his stall.

He's definitely taken a leaf out of the Jones playbook as regards the Manchester bombing. Wanker.

I stumbled on this bloke by accident a few months ago - a conspiracy(!) video about Richie Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers still being alive and living on a commune in France. There was an interview with a man who was a childhood friend of Edwards, or at least claimed to be and whom thought that this was probably true. Clearly the host was bonkers but I didn't realise he was such a howling shitcunt.

Back