• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rick & Morty

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Anyone seen Dan Harmon's show Rick and Morty? It's a cartoon spoofing Back to the Future, sort of like if Doc Brown was an alcoholic ruining Marty McFly's life by constantly taking him on bizarre adventures. Gets very bleak in places, but damn is it funny. I'm nearly finished the season 1 DVD and I hope there's a second, it really is good and uncomfortably perceptive. Recommended.

gncxx said:
Anyone seen Dan Harmon's show Rick and Morty? It's a cartoon spoofing Back to the Future, sort of like if Doc Brown was an alcoholic ruining Marty McFly's life by constantly taking him on bizarre adventures. Gets very bleak in places, but damn is it funny. I'm nearly finished the season 1 DVD and I hope there's a second, it really is good and uncomfortably perceptive. Recommended.

thanks for that I'm enjoying them.

Don't mention it! Really good, isn't it?

I've just finished season 2 - no idea why it's so difficult to see in the UK, I had to import the disc from Australia. Anyway, just as funny, just as bleak, and every episode comes up with a new twist on a sci-fi cliché like parallel timelines, worlds within worlds, there's even a Purge spoof that is horribly hilarious. I think season 3 is in the pipeline, hope so with that cliffhanger.

TBH that's more or less how I read the original movies.

Looking forward to watching RaM, if I can that is! Thanks.

Never seen this before! It's from last year, but I've just been alerted to it:
Excellent! Both seasons of Rick and Morty have been on Netflix recently, giving me a chance to watch (and rewatch) them finally. My new favourite series.

Cool programme, like a darker version of Adventure Time (or is it just me who thinks that?!)

I like them both, but I suppose there are similarities, only one has a sunnier view of human nature than the other. Well, I say "human"...

The entire first episode of the new series seems to be on youtube and has been there since the 12th, not sure how long it will hang around:

UK viewers: Rick & Morty season 4 has started on Channel 4 (NOT Netflix). Episode 2 tomorrow night, but ep 1 is repeated tonight on E4 if you missed it (as I did). Schwifty!

No sign of the rest of the current season, but this short went online today:

Basically R&M as Lone Wolf and Cub! Pretty cool, but I miss the wacky dialogue.

Anyone spot Rick tinkering with a sphere from Phantasm recently? Nice detail!

New door mat, clearance sale at local Garden Centre, £2.99

Rick&Morty mat.jpg

Forgot to mention this, really funny as expected, Morty never will get his Jessica, will he? Bit surprised they've unbleeped the swearing now, makes it a bit more full on.

Forgot to mention this, really funny as expected, Morty never will get his Jessica, will he? Bit surprised they've unbleeped the swearing now, makes it a bit more full on.

Thank fuck for that.

Preferred episode 2, I like how the series has looked at the consequences of all the insanity that is part of any episode of the show.

Thank fuck for that.

Preferred episode 2, I like how the series has looked at the consequences of all the insanity that is part of any episode of the show.
Once again, Rick and Morty has taken a standard sci-fi concept and explored it's most extreme consequences. I found the last season funny but a bit of a disappointment. I think the current season has got of to a magnificent start, with two great episodes.

Although R&M seemed to kick off the current craze for franchise multiverses, I kind of appreciated how they longed for "simple adventures" in this week's season finale. I already feel that way!

Although R&M seemed to kick off the current craze for franchise multiverses, I kind of appreciated how they longed for "simple adventures" in this week's season finale. I already feel that way!
Family Guy’s hugely popular ‘Road to the Multiverse’ aired in 2009. Well before Rick and Morty.

Back