Ridiculous Accidents

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
There used to be a comedian with a routine about doing this, maybe Billy Connolly? The previous Mr Snail and I found this hilarious to the point of always saying 'Ring ring!' when the other was ironing.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Reaction score
Is it simply the gathering of time, or do artists fall off stage more often now than they ever did?
Falling off the stage is bad enough, but imagine the trauma of falling into it.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Coach driver attacked by woman, hitting him in the face. He retaliates
If by 'retaliates' that means he tried to stop getting himself hit in the face whilst driving then yes, he 'retaliated' .. I'd disagree and say he was just trying to not get hit in the face whilst driving but if he was 'retaliating'? .. that could exonerate this woman from any blame of causing the death of 13 people which she is clearly guilty of doing by distracting the driver going by the available footage so far ..

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If by 'retaliates' that means he tried to stop getting himself hit in the face whilst driving then yes, he 'retaliated' .. I'd disagree and say he was just trying to not get hit in the face whilst driving but if he was 'retaliating'? .. that could exonerate this woman from any blame of causing the death of 13 people which she is clearly guilty of doing by distracting the driver going by the available footage so far ..
I'll concede I could've put it better. The point of it is a ridiculous accident.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I'll concede I could've put it better. The point of it is a ridiculous accident.
Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you, I'm more pissed off with her .. just .. you know in England there's signs that clearly state in busses 'DO NOT STAND BEYOND THIS LINE' and 'DON'T DISTRACT THE DRIVER WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING' .. I wouldn't go as far as to wish the silly cow dead or anything although I expect she also probably unfortunately died .. it is indeed a ridiculous accident but I maintain the blame lies with her actions .. 13 people dead.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Man claims his dog didn't shoot him deliberately

“Charlie did not mean to do it,” he said. ”He’s a good dog.”

Investigators believe that Charlie, a 120-pound Rottweiler mix, slipped and got his paw caught in the trigger of the gun and fired a shot at his unsuspecting owner.

Mr Gilligan has three broken ribs, a punctured lung and a broken scapula and is currently being treated at the University Medical Centre of EL Paso in Texas, where doctors determined it would be best to leave the bullet inside him, for fear of damaging his pierced lung.

The dog owner, who first told officers he had accidentally shot himself, said he had long forgiven Charlie.

According to Las Cruces Sun-News, Mr Gilligan’s son Mark, is not surprised the incident occurred.

“They [the dogs] are kind of rowdy. They’re pretty rambunctious and full of energy,” he said. “That’s why the owners gave them up. My dad has four acres of land so they can run free. So, it didn’t surprise me at all.”