• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ridiculous Accidents

Man kills friend with crossbow while trying to save him from pit bull attack

A man was shot and killed in his apartment by a crossbow bolt that a neighbor had fired at dogs who were attacking the man, authorities in Massachusetts said. The death Wednesday afternoon in Adams appears to be accidental, according to Berkshire District Attorney Andrea Harrington.

The neighbor heard a commotion and the victim, who was a friend, shouting for help just after noon, authorities said. The victim was identified as Joshua Jadusingh, 27, the Berkshire district attorney's office said in a statement.

The neighbor made his way into the apartment, then returned to his own unit to get the crossbow, which he was licensed to own and used for hunting, Harrington said at a news conference Thursday.

He stood at the bottom of a stairwell and fired up at a dog on the landing, she said. The bolt struck the dog with a glancing blow, went through the door and hit the man in the room where he was trying to barricade himself, Harrington said. A young girl in another room was unharmed.

Full Story of Hideous Bad Luck:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-ki...him-from-pit-bull-attack-adams-massachusetts/

Pensioner flung from fighter jet at 2,500ft after grabbing ejector seat handle to ‘steady himself’

By Peter Allen PARIS
12 April 2020 • 4:22pm

The French airforce has been told to review procedures that put a 64-year old civilian with no wish to be there in a Rafale-B jet.

A pensioner who was given a surprise flight in a £70million fighter jet as a retirement present was flung out at 2,500ft after grabbing the ejector seat handle to ‘steady himself’.

The drama is outlined in a newly released report by French aviation investigators which at times reads like a dark comedy script, as it describes how the unidentified 64-year-old panicked during his first flight in the Rafale-B.

Then he shot out at high speed, losing his helmet that had not been fastened round his chin properly, before landing in a field close to the German border.

Full Article Requires Subscription:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ter-jet-2500-ft-grabbing-ejector-seat-handle/

Pensioner flung from fighter jet at 2,500ft after grabbing ejector seat handle to ‘steady himself’

By Peter Allen PARIS
12 April 2020 • 4:22pm

The French airforce has been told to review procedures that put a 64-year old civilian with no wish to be there in a Rafale-B jet.

A pensioner who was given a surprise flight in a £70million fighter jet as a retirement present was flung out at 2,500ft after grabbing the ejector seat handle to ‘steady himself’.

The drama is outlined in a newly released report by French aviation investigators which at times reads like a dark comedy script, as it describes how the unidentified 64-year-old panicked during his first flight in the Rafale-B.

Then he shot out at high speed, losing his helmet that had not been fastened round his chin properly, before landing in a field close to the German border.

Full Article Requires Subscription:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ter-jet-2500-ft-grabbing-ejector-seat-handle/

He won't do that again, will he...

Musician Brian May has torn a muscle in his bum.
Don't take my word for it - Google 'Brian May Buttock'. Treat yourself.

Brian May taken to hospital after tearing buttock muscles while gardening

(on Instagram) the Queen guitarist said: “I managed to rip my gluteus maximus to shreds in a moment of overenthusiastic gardening. So suddenly I find myself in a hospital getting scanned to find out exactly how much I’ve actually damaged myself. Turns out I did a thorough job – this is a couple of days ago – and I won’t be able to walk for a while … or sleep, without a lot of assistance, because the pain is relentless.”

He was most likely digging. The ground is dry and hard after weeks of little rain so you'd need buns of steel to drive a spade in.

Also, you have to maintain and sharpen garden spades. If he hasn't done that the blade won't cut the sod and he'd have to shove really hard, with bum-rupturing force.

I do like May (though not his homophobic wife) and I hope his pain soon eases. Probably a week if he's lucky.

Can't help wondering what Freddie would have made of Brian's bum-related misfortune. Can imagine him nearly exploding with innuendo.

Can't help wondering what Freddie would have made of Brian's bum-related misfortune. Can imagine him nearly exploding with innuendo.
He might have said 'welcome to my world' or 'join the club'.

On the subject of "de-gloving" body parts...

The American actor James Marsters (he of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer fame) did something similar when he was a kid:

The scar on his left eyebrow is from an attempted mugging in New York, but the more interesting one is the one on his left leg: he shredded it on a sprinkler head as a child ("My leg slid down my bone like a sock"), was off his feet for almost a year, and the hair there grows sideways due to the skin graft he had done.

Read more: http://www.buffyguide.com/players/spike.php#ixzz6Osdbx1rS

It gets very warm*, certainly, but we use it in art classes all the time, and it's usually mixed with the fingers as that's the best way of working all the lumps out. All I can think is that there was an unusually (dangerously) high amount of lime in the mix they were using.

*I know I'm not the best person to pronounce on this matter, but none of my colleagues have ever lost digits to the process.

She wasn't mixing it, she was holding her hand in it to make a mould.

I'm reminded of Princess Margaret who, in 1999, "(.....the Princess) suffered severe scalds to her feet in a bathroom accident, which affected her mobility to the extent that she required support when walking and sometimes used a wheelchair ..."
Which I saw a comedian refer to once saying something along the lines of "How do you burn your feet? I expect it was done whilst getting into an extremely hot bath, but surely just one foot? After all, you're not going to get in the bath with both feet at the same time, surely she just put her left foot in, heard the sizzle, but just went with it with her right foot too?"

I'm reminded of Princess Margaret who, in 1999, "(.....the Princess) suffered severe scalds to her feet in a bathroom accident, which affected her mobility to the extent that she required support when walking and sometimes used a wheelchair ..."
Which I saw a comedian refer to once saying something along the lines of "How do you burn your feet? I expect it was done whilst getting into an extremely hot bath, but surely just one foot? After all, you're not going to get in the bath with both feet at the same time, surely she just put her left foot in, heard the sizzle, but just went with it with her right foot too?"

Princess Margaret was fond of a drink or six so perhaps that played a part. She may have drunkenly run herself a bath and left the hot tap on too long, and her reflexes were too slow to stop her putting her second foot in.

Whitney Houston is believed to have died in a similar way. She was found drowned in the bath, possibly after fainting because of stepping into scalding hot water.

The self-immolation incident -

In the good weather we sit out every night with a drink or two, enjoying the garden, looking at the stars, listening to rock music on Absolute Radio, chatting...

We have lots of candles and candle-holders, and oil burners and lanterns and a chiminea and some miniature chimineas and all sorts.

Techy lights them up in a little display. I never burn candles in the house any more so summer is the only time I get to enjoy them.

At some point I rinsed my hands with sanitiser and then, a couple of minutes later, went to re-arrange one of the candles and reached over a naked flame. The alcoholic sanitiser vapour caught fire.

I shrieked 'I've set me 'and on fire!' and tried to cover it with the other hand, which also had sanitiser all over it, so both hands were covered in blue flames. A most surreal and horrifying sight - Techy couldn't believe his eyes. Later he said 'It's not every day you see your wife on fire!'

Stuck both hands up my armpits and the flames went out. Result: blistering, soreness, humiliation.

Techy sorted out dressings and pain relief and sent me to bed. This morning there's one main blister which is covered with a large plaster. So it's nothing like as bad as it looked in the dark, when both hands were waving about on fire.

Here's what will be happening from now on -

Man make fire.jpg

Here's how it looked shortly before I decided to stage the special effects display -

candles at night.jpg

I wasn't even drunk!

Back