Ive told u all my "volcanic sidecar" story b4...
Papa Lazarou said:Adam was a student chef at Exeter College. . . In Alan’s infinite wisdom, . . .
MONROE, Wash. - A 24-year-old man who led Snohomish County sheriff's deputies on a bizarre chase through the Evergreen State Fair on was seriously hurt when he tried to jump aboard a moving train.
The man, a fair employee, was seen on the midway Tuesday smoking "an unknown narcotic" from a glass pipe, sheriff's spokeswoman Jan Jorgensen said. He was fired on the spot.
The man attempted to steal money from another carnival worker, then went to a women's restroom, where he exposed himself, Jorgensen said.
When deputies arrived, the man put on his pants, took off his shirt, and fled through a window in one of the restroom's stalls.
He groped women as he ran, then scaled a chain-link fence to U.S. 2, where he attempted to steal a car from a woman.
When that failed, he ran across the highway to a train and tried to jump aboard, even though it was traveling about 45 miles per hour, Jorgensen said.
He was knocked back by the train, and was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with multiple fractures. He was reported in serious condition Tuesday night.
When he's released, Jorgensen said, he'll likely be charged with indecent liberties and attempted robbery.
GeniusA motorist who filled his car with petrol while smoking a cigarette suffered serious burns when the fuel caught light.
The man was engulfed in flames as he poured petrol from a can into his car at the side of the M5 near Wellington in Somerset.
It is thought he had been driving north along the motorway in the early hours of Friday morning when he ran out of petrol.
He bought a can of the fuel, but as he was filling up the car the vapour ignited, setting fire to his clothes.
A spokesman for the Somerset Fire Brigade said: "Fire crews from Wellington were called to the northbound carriageway of the M5.
"When they arrived at the scene they found a male casualty with serious burns to 20% of his body.
"He was given first aid at the scene before being taken to hospital by ambulance."
Fire safety officer Chris Snook said: "Whenever you are dealing with petrol you should never smoke or have any naked flames around.
"This applies to garage forecourts or any other areas where petroleum spirit is used.
"Fire is very unforgiving, so think about your own personal safety at all times".
escargot said:Yesterday I was removing the doghairs from the stairs when I suddenly caused myself excruciating pain.
Next Sunday I'll put my bra on before grappling with the Dyson tube.
Ooooooooooow, the pain, and the shame..........yeee yee im sure casulty has heard That one before....
Physick said:We believe you, you were "doing the hoovering" and "slipped".
After this I trust you'll be a touch more understanding and a little less sceptical if you ever find yourself working in A&E again?