• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ridiculous Accidents

"...after mistaking it for a parking spot"

Yeah, because of course, parking spots always have shiny, sliding doors across them don't they.

This Swiss woman stepped outside her car (presumably to get something from the trunk / boot) and left the engine running. The car then ran over her ... :doh: Three times ... :omg:
Swiss woman, 45, was run over three times after she got out of her car and left the engine running

A woman in Switzerland was seriously injured after she got out of her car with the engine still on only for it to run her over three times ...

The 45-year-old had stepped out of her car in a residential area in St Gallen in northeastern Switzerland, probably in order to get something out of the boot ...

But then the car, which was on a slight slope, began rolling backwards.

The woman had attempted in vain to stop the vehicle, before falling to the ground and was run over a first time.

The car had then rammed into another vehicle and rebounded back in the opposite direction, running over the woman a second time ...

But the car then hit a sidewalk, sending it back towards the woman and running her over a third time, before finally hitting a wooden barrier and coming to a halt.

The woman was sent to hospital in a serious condition.
SOURCE: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-after-being-run-over-three-times-by-own-car

A 25-year-old man who was dancing on top of a tractor-trailer slammed into an overpass and died.

The unidentified man was knocked off of an 18-wheeler on Eastex Freeway in Houston, Texas, around 11.30am on November 10.

It happened as the truck moved under the Tuan Street Bridge, according to the Houston Police Department.

Footage recorded by a driver shows the man standing on a white Rapid truck and dodging one overpass. He then gets up and moves his hips and arms and appears to be looking to the right when a second overpass hits him.

A driver who was four vehicles behind the truck, Crystal Davis, said she maneuvered past the man’s body as cars needed to go on the far left lane.

‘I saw the blood chunks on the ground. I saw the contorted body and broken neck and arm,’ said Davis, according to the Daily Mail. ‘It was horrible way to begin a day.’
1668604328634.png

A British Columbia ferry suffered a 2-hour delay, forcing cancellations of its next two scheduled voyages, after an anchor deployed and brought the vessel to a halt in open waters. There was no danger to the ferry or its passengers. The reason for the unexpected anchor deployment remains a mystery.
B.C. ferry passengers left waiting after vessel accidentally drops anchor at sea

There were some scary moments for passengers aboard a B.C. ferry on Friday as the vessel accidentally dropped its anchor near Mayne Island.

BC Ferries spokesperson Deborah Marshall said the Spirit of British Columbia had gone through Active Pass on its way from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen, and was just over a kilometre into the Strait of Georgia when the incident happened.

“The vessel was in no danger, nor were the passengers, — it was just an inconvenience in timing with the delay, and we certainly apologize to our customers for the delay,” she said.

While no one was hurt, passengers aboard the vessel said they definitely felt something happen.

“All of a sudden there was quite violent shuddering, and you know the ship was vibrating a lot, and then we kind of just came to a stop,” rider Bob Ransford told Global News by phone from the ferry.

“We didn’t drift or anything, we just kind of stopped, and the engines were still fully running and everything, and we haven’t moved.”

“The loudest sound started rattling, and the people at the front of the window could see that the chain, the anchor was letting loose, the starboard anchor,” another passenger said after landing in Tsawwassen. ...

“Then everyone got up, which alarmed everyone behind them … people were floating to the back of the ship and the anchor just dropped, and then you could feel it hit the ocean floor, and then it just dragged … until finally it just brought us to a grinding halt.” ...

Marshall said it’s unclear how the anchor deployed and the ferry company will launch an investigation into what went wrong.
FULL STORY (With News Video): https://globalnews.ca/news/9323000/bc-ferry-anchor-incident/

I've managed to have a ridiculous accident (well, I think it was bloody ridiculous anyway).

I was out running the day before yesterday, along a bridleway. It's frozen just now, and a bit rutted, and I caught my foot and fell. Not unusual, I'm quite often tripping over stuff on these paths and I just drop onto my side, get covered in mud, stand up and check that no one was watching and on I go. Only this time, because it's cold, I was wearing a running jacket with my phone in the inside pocket (women's running clothes NEVER have decent outside pockets). As I fell, my jacket came up, forcing the phone into the underwired part of my bra, which, in turn, managed to dig into my ribcage. I've now got bruised ribs which hurt when I breathe, cough or laugh.

It hurts... (she said, in a blatent call for sympathy).

I've managed to have a ridiculous accident (well, I think it was bloody ridiculous anyway).

I was out running the day before yesterday, along a bridleway. It's frozen just now, and a bit rutted, and I caught my foot and fell. Not unusual, I'm quite often tripping over stuff on these paths and I just drop onto my side, get covered in mud, stand up and check that no one was watching and on I go. Only this time, because it's cold, I was wearing a running jacket with my phone in the inside pocket (women's running clothes NEVER have decent outside pockets). As I fell, my jacket came up, forcing the phone into the underwired part of my bra, which, in turn, managed to dig into my ribcage. I've now got bruised ribs which hurt when I breathe, cough or laugh.

Better not make you laugh, then.
Hope you're OK.

Do take care! Hope your ribs are better soon.

You could do worse than having your ribs and pleura checked out Catseye...winter is not a friend of mature lungs.

You could do worse than having your ribs and pleura checked out Catseye...winter is not a friend of mature lungs.
Thanks, Mungo, but they're fine. Getting better by the minute - just bruised. My lungs are doing pretty well at the moment, probably because of all the running I do, I just need to stay upright!

And thanks for the sympathy, the rest of you!

We really need filmed evidence; can you re create the accident and get someone to film it?

Who was the footballer who set off fireworks.................in his bathroom???

My sympathies! This is painful indeed, despite the humorous aspects. I gave up underwired bras decades ago because of this type of thing. I am clumsy. Also, once the damned wire gets bent out of shape, its impossible to bend it back correctly.

I use very unfashionable fanny packs to hold gear.

I'm glad you weren't hurt badly.

Last edited:
My sympathies! This is painful indeed, despite the humorous aspects. I gave up underwired bras decades ago because of this type of thing. I am clumsy. Also, once the damned wire gets bent out of shape, its impossible to bend it back correctly.

I use very unfashionable fanny packs to hold gear.

I'm glad you weren't hurt badly.
Thank you, @Endlessly Amazed
Usually I run in running shorts which have pockets for my phone but in this freezing weather I've had leggings (which, being for woman have no pockets, and the ones which do have silly little pockets, although my daughter has a pair with proper pockets which I must investigate buying...sorry, I digress). Bum bags (which is what we call fanny packs) don't seem to work for me because they bounce when you run. Not too bad over a mile, but once you're up to four or five miles the bouncing bouncing bouncing gets uncomfortable and irritating (see also: underwire bras).

I hear you! Have you tried wearing it at the front? The bum bag I mean. Also the bra!
Yep. tried it all ways. I have to have it SO tight around my waist to stop the bouncing that I can barely breathe, or tuck it into my running leggings, which looks bloody ridiculous and then there's a draught around my nethers. How do people do it?

I do actually have one non-underwire running bra, but, again, the band has to be so tight to stop 'bounce' that it restricts my breathing....

I can only conclude that I am built very oddly and that everyone else is normal and therefore has no problem.

I sometimes buy men's clothing because it has pockets. Lots of freaking pockets! When I go for walks (since I had covid, this is now my top speed), I just carry a housekey on a lanyard. When I go hiking in the boonies, I carry a cell phone, walkie-talkie, and other stuff in a fanny pack/bum bag.

I think underwired bras were invented by Satan.

Back