Ridiculous Typos & Piss-Poor Proof-Reading

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Recalling the long-ago advertising campaign for Smirnoff vodka: "I thought [ various naive / un-hip / milk-and-water things ] till I discovered Smirnoff"; and the assorted off-colour humorous parodies of it which people came up with. One such was, "I thought 'clap' meant applause, till I discovered Smirnoff."
Oh gosh yes, that's going back a bit ! : 'I thought Wan King was a city in China, till I discovered Smirnoff.'

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Neither a typo nor piss poor proof reading, more just really bad timing of advertising alongside the program content. I'm sure someone paid dearly as it's just too much of a coincidence to be a mere fuck up.
This is from a Hungry Jack's (Burger King to the rest of the world) advertisement that ran during the Australian version of 60 Minutes on the Nine Network in 2012.
It's become a meme since for all of the right and wrong reasons. The sound quality is horrendously low but you'll get the idea from the images:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Neither a typo nor piss poor proof reading, more just really bad timing of advertising alongside the program content. I'm sure someone paid dearly as it's just too much of a coincidence to be a mere fuck up.
This is from a Hungry Jack's (Burger King to the rest of the world) advertisement that ran during the Australian version of 60 Minutes on the Nine Network in 2012.
It's become a meme since for all of the right and wrong reasons. The sound quality is horrendously low but you'll get the idea from the images:

LOL ..I thought Hungry Jacks was White Castle what with the mini burgers?

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Reaction score
This is from a Hungry Jack's (Burger King to the rest of the world) advertisement that ran during the Australian version of 60 Minutes on the Nine Network in 2012.It's become a meme since for all of the right and wrong reasons. The sound quality is horrendously low but you'll get the idea from the images:
*Ouch !* Couldn't they just crack their knuckles loudly at the opera or have explosive diarrhea at a swimming pool? This is not quite as bad as, say, losing the World Cup to an own goal, but wow...

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score

AlchoPwn

Reaction score
Some of those headlines look authentic. Wonder if the Guardian actually uses that headline generator?
It is very sad that the Guardian, which should be offering a more liberal perspective have actually become a mouthpiece for the virtue signallers, the racist anti-racists, the sexist anti-sexists, the cancel culture, and the Regressive Left in general. I am a left-leaning person and I find the Guardian unreadable, and often shameful. It certainly doesn't represent many of my opinions. Why is the world so intent on becoming more totalitarian? Does nobody understand that when you remove someone else's right to speak, they are then empowered to remove yours when the tables turn?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
It is very sad that the Guardian, which should be offering a more liberal perspective have actually become a mouthpiece for the virtue signallers, the racist anti-racists, the sexist anti-sexists, the cancel culture, and the Regressive Left in general. I am a left-leaning person and I find the Guardian unreadable, and often shameful. It certainly doesn't represent many of my opinions.
That's a good sign, that it doesn't parrot what you think.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
It is very sad that the Guardian, which should be offering a more liberal perspective have actually become a mouthpiece for the virtue signallers, the racist anti-racists, the sexist anti-sexists, the cancel culture, and the Regressive Left in general. I am a left-leaning person and I find the Guardian unreadable, and often shameful. It certainly doesn't represent many of my opinions. Why is the world so intent on becoming more totalitarian? Does nobody understand that when you remove someone else's right to speak, they are then empowered to remove yours when the tables turn?
Then what’s the best way to describe The Independent?
A. Yesterday’s Guardian.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Then what’s the best way to describe The Independent?
A. Yesterday’s Guardian.
There's plenty of other options available you know. Mail, Star, Sun, Express, Telegraph if you want to subscribe, spring to mind.

AlchoPwn

Reaction score
The latest printed edition of the Rugby Observer describes how a driver attempted ‘To Flea The Scene’.
View attachment 26063
For this kind of thing the editors need to work under 3 strikes policy. Typo 3 headlines, lose your job. Or is print media so screwed atm that there will be nobody to replace them?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
For this kind of thing the editors need to work under 3 strikes policy. Typo 3 headlines, lose your job. Or is print media so screwed atm that there will be nobody to replace them?
Hard to tell. Now that everything's so computerized it could just as easily have been overlooked spell-checker interference during digital layout.