Ridiculous Typos & Piss-Poor Proof-Reading

Beresford

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1623871355246.jpg

The Ayr Grammer referred to should be Ayr Grammar, which is a primary school.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
An English language proofreader would have been no good to him when a lot of what he wrote was in Scots
I wrote a book called Paranormal Edinburgh and one of the chapters is called “ ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night”. When I got the proofs back the editor had changed it to “ghouls and ghosts and long legged beasts and things that go bump in the night”.

Beresford

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I wrote a book called Paranormal Edinburgh and one of the chapters is called “ ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night”. When I got the proofs back the editor had changed it to “ghouls and ghosts and long legged beasts and things that go bump in the night”.
The effect being more than a wee bit lost.

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
:dunno:"Typical!"

Eyespy

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I have been engaged in some protracted correspondence with the insurance company, every single letter has "Somerset" misspelt. I have given up correcting it in nice little emails last 2 were Postits with block capitlals. Next one will be in RED CRAYON.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I have been engaged in some protracted correspondence with the insurance company, every single letter has "Somerset" misspelt. I have given up correcting it in nice little emails last 2 were Postits with block capitlals. Next one will be in RED CRAYON.
How the hell are they spelling it? Not 'Zummerzet', I devoutly hope.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I would have thought it was a group of skiing Russian dudes in black chasing a brit downhill involving some gun shots and special effects, culminating in a daring jump from a cliff and Union Flag parachute....no?

Trevp666

Reaction score
I'm more concerned that 'cheese' is £1.20.
And why didn't they just save the bother of adding an extra column by listing all the items, then putting at the bottom "Small/Large chips £1.90/£2.40" ?
Also, the menu is headed 'Fish and Chips' but 8 of the 11 items are neither.

Trevp666

Reaction score
"How much is half a portion of chips?"
"It depends whether that's half a portion of chips without chips, or half a portion of chips with chips"

Trevp666

Reaction score
Reminds me of the 'Laurel and Hardy go for ice cream' sketch.
"Didn't the gentleman just tell you that he didn't have any chocolate?"
(skip to 0.35 if you want to miss the elevator confusion)

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
I would have thought it was a group of skiing Russian dudes in black chasing a brit downhill involving some gun shots and special effects, culminating in a daring jump from a cliff and Union Flag parachute....no?
James Bond Mount Asgard

The ski stunt at Mount Asgard
The opening ski stunt is supposed to be at “Berngarten” in Austria – but had been filmed at Piz Bernina in Switzerland. When Bond heads for the cliff though, a huge table mountain is revealed. That is Asgard Peak, part of a mountain range named after norse gods and places in Canada. Asgard Peak is situated in Auyuittuq National Park on Baffin Island up in the Artic.

So there!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
The village of Plover, Wisconsin, recently repainted their municipal water tower. Oops! ...

Plover-WI-H2OTower.jpg
Wisconsin water tower repainted with embarrassing typo

Plover village administrator said the error should be fixed by Friday

Painters in a Wisconsin village made a very public blunder when they made a typo on the water tower.

Plover hired painters to decorate the tower with the village's name, but two of the templates were accidentally reversed before going up, resulting in "Village of Plvoer." ...
FULL STORY: https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin-water-tower-plover-paint-typo