Herr Cloaca

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
POLCE.png

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a gem that puts mere typos and proof-reading errors in the shade.

View attachment 13882

Field Marshal Archibald Wavell, 1st Earl Wavell was a great man of erudition far beyond that of most soldiers and this biography was well-received by reviewers.

The problem?

That's not him on the cover. It's Field Marshal Sir John Dill - a contemporary of Wavell.

Surely the author herself would know the difference in an instant?

Here we go again...

E7JemBbWYAIoKoK.jpeg.jpg

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
oops

Misprinted Britney Spears shirts gain 'huge reaction'​

By Nicole BaddeleyDigital reporter

IT was supposed to be a show of solidarity with the pop star Britney Spears – but a spelling error turned it into a message about Northern France.
A Poole wholesaler ordered 1,000 T-shirts supporting the #freeBritney movement.
But instead of bearing the name of the star who is battling to overturn a legal conservatorship in Los Angeles, the garments were emblazoned with “#freeBrittany”.
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19467937.misprinted-britney-spears-shirts-gain-huge-reaction/

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not a typo as such, but related to one of my bugbears when it comes to reporting traffic-related issues, that of airbrushing drivers out of the picture, this time to blame... the roads. From my local paper's website:

"Avon Fire and Rescue have urged drivers who have broken down on fast-moving roads to leave their vehicles."

I'm not surprised that drivers are finding the roads dangerous, as the roads themselves would now appear to be moving! I'm guessing this was some numpty not thinking when rewriting the fire service's message (though it could be the fire service's error). Either way, it's rubbish!

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/stark-warning-drivers-fire-service-5726195

Sid

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Timble2

Imaginary Person
Reaction score
That's well past escape velocity (25,020 mph), perhaps he's trying to show up Branson and Bezos (and they blew all that money when they could have gained their astronaut wings in an old Cessna).